Unapologetically Polyanna

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I can't actually imagine giving up. I've watched too many games in my life where someone won who wasn't supposed to. I've seen every game but two since 89. I haven't missed many since I was born in 66. And every single week, every single game, every single play...I expect my Cowboys to be successful. I expect them to beat the odds and to overcome everyone and everything in front of them.

I won't ever give up.

True. And only losers expect to lose. I can't for the life of me understand how a fan can have a losing mentality in sports fandom. Winning and cheering your team on is what fandom is all about.
Sports is about competition. For those talking about losing and injuries....why even bother if you feel so hopeless.....doom & gloom.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
True. And only losers expect to lose. I can't for the life of me understand how a fan can have a losing mentality in sports fandom. Winning and cheering your team on is what fandom is all about.
Sports is about competition. For those talking about losing and injuries....why even bother if you feel so hopeless.....doom & gloom.

I do like the lower expectations for this game.(underdog role)....Gives the Cowboys an opportunity to surprise us going into a bye week.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I do like the lower expectations for this game.(underdog role)....Gives the Cowboys an opportunity to surprise us going into a bye week.

I always raise and expect high standards for everything I do and am involved in. That's just how I roll. "Everything you do in word, thought, or, deed....) :starspin:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can think of 101 ways NE can win this game not hard to figure out they are a great team, however more interested in what the Cowboys need to do to win this game.
Pats as said are great but not unbeatable

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't really disagree with this, but I don't get how you think it speaks against the passing efficiency correlation data. The correlation definitely exists, and everybody accepts that there are multiple factors that affect the correlation. Teams achieve efficiency via different means, and efficiency early tends to make it easier to be efficient later. That doesn't speak against the correlation, it supports it.

If you can't determine how much other factors like Rushing Threat add to Passing Efficiency, then the PE stat does not really mean much.

Sure your PE needs to be better than the opponents, but if Rushing Threat, situational rushing, Special Teams, etc. improve PE, then all you know is:
Your team needs to be better at passing, rushing threat, situational rushing, special teams etc. than the other team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can't determine how much other factors like Rushing Threat add to Passing Efficiency, then the PE stat does not really mean much.

Sure your PE needs to be better than the opponents, but if Rushing Threat, situational rushing, Special Teams, etc. improve PE, then all you know is:
Your team needs to be better at passing, rushing threat, situational rushing, special teams etc. than the other team.

Not at all. You know what outcome you want to get to, you just need to find which factors help you get there. In our case, for example, we obviously decided the blocking was more important to getting us in the downs/distances we wanted than bringing in new RBs, and we placed a bet there.

Things like STs and defensive scoring you're working on anyway as they're unrelated to passing efficiency but they also correlate highly with winning.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I beleive all that good stuff could very well happen. But we still get beat by 14+

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all. You know what outcome you want to get to, you just need to find which factors help you get there. In our case, for example, we obviously decided the blocking was more important to getting us in the downs/distances we wanted than bringing in new RBs, and we placed a bet there.

Things like STs and defensive scoring you're working on anyway as they're unrelated to passing efficiency but they also correlate highly with winning.

I don't see how that relates to the PE theory.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

I dont really cheer. Never have, not even as a kid. I complain, yell, scream. call the refs a bunch of foul names, call the opposing team a bunch of foul names, call my wife a bunch of foul names , complain about the sunday meal she cooked, then finally walk away shaking my head...saying, "Lucky to win that one, got to clean things up" or " I knew they were going to lose"....

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I dont really cheer. Never have, not even as a kid. I complain, yell, scream. call the refs a bunch of foul names, call the opposing team a bunch of foul names, call my wife a bunch of foul names , complain about the sunday meal she cooked, then finally walk away shaking my head...saying, "Lucky to win that one, got to clean things up" or " I knew they were going to lose"....

:laugh::angry:

:bow: