News: Unconfirmed: Gregory fails another drug test

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
( key the Lynyrd Skynyrd song: 'you got that right')
Addictive personality?
The cowboy zone itself is self evident of that trait many of my esteemed fellow members suffer from,,,:lmao2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wish him the best of luck in getting his life in order but pretty much have given up any hope he will ever play another down of football for the Cowboys.

LittleD

Reaction score
They shouldn't.

That being said, if Gregory did fail another test, it's indicative of larger problems for him. Marijuana is not chemically addictive -- Gregory likely has larger mental health or addiction issues.

All of that being said, this story smells like BS to me.

This whole situation stems from the facts that Gregory has an anxiety disorder bordering on bi-polar. He doesn't like the pills available from
the doctor which I can't fault him for knowing what some of them do. He does weed because he feels better and it masks the symptoms
he deals with. He has to realize that the NFL is not going to let him do weed and either he finds a way to cope or he probably has to give up football.

DTown214

Reaction score
There's just plain stupid and then there's Joseph Randle.... and then there's Randy Gregory.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Less harmful for his health? Doctor prescribed drugs can often be very bad for people's health. Much more so than mj. They can be much more addictive and destructive...and often times less effective.

then he made his choice. I think the guy has a real problem. If weed was not a big deal he would walk away from it instead of risking his entire career. No matter what people personal opinions are it is against NFL policy that was agreed by NFLPA. So Gregory has a choice, he can seek other treatment or he can smoke himself out of the league which appears to be the case right now.

I don't wish bad on the guy but it is the rules like them or not so in the end it is his choice. He has made the comments before about being able to quit yet he continues

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys second round pick Randy Gregory blames his off the field concerns on immaturity and stubbornness, not smoking marijuana.

Gregory, wh had 17.5 sacks and 29 tackles for loss in two seasons at Nebraska, failed a drug test at the scouting combine in February.

“That’s something I’ve definitely been working on and something I can definitely fix,” Gregory said. “I’m 22 years old but I think I carry myself real well and I think I need to carry myself a little bit better as far as decision making goes. I think a lot of people are getting tied up in the weed and think it’s just a weed problem. I don’t think it’s a weed problem. I think it’s decision making. I think I’m immature. I’m definitely working on that. I want to prove everyone wrong and I want to do it with this team. I think this is the best team I can do that with.”

Gregory said he’s already fixed the marijuana issue.

“I haven’t touched it,” he said. “I’m feeling real good, too. This is a high in itself, to be honest. I’m high on life right now, and I don’t want to lose this high.”

http://sportsglory.com/nfl/cowboys/cowboys-randy-gregory-i-think-im-immature/41295

6 failed test later still immature and still has not fixed the problem,

Hardline

Reaction score
Less harmful for his health? Doctor prescribed drugs can often be very bad for people's health. Much more so than mj. They can be much more addictive and destructive...and often times less effective.
I disagree. Pharmaceutical drugs must pass strict guidelines to be approved. Pot is full of carcinogens.

robjay04

Reaction score
I disagree. Pharmaceutical drugs must pass strict guidelines to be approved. Pot is full of carcinogens.

Take enough pills, overdose and die.

Smoke too much weed, take a nap.

I don't need to get into the specifics but there is a lot of research available that proves how harmful prescription medicine can be. Just because they pass guidelines does not mean they're good for you...have you ever heard all the disclosures that are said with television advertisements in regards to side effects?

Opioid addiction is destroying our country---it is a bitt r threat than terrorism.

Hardline

Reaction score
Take enough pills, overdose and die.

Smoke too much weed, take a nap.

I don't need to get into the specifics but there is a lot of research available that proves how harmful prescription medicine can be. Just because they pass guidelines does not mean they're good for you...have you ever heard all the disclosures that are said with television advertisements in regards to side effects?

Opioid addiction is destroying our country---it is a bitt r threat than terrorism.
Of course prescription drugs can be bad. But if taken as directed by a doctor they are benificiary.
Pot has very little medicinal value at all.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
then he made his choice. I think the guy has a real problem. If weed was not a big deal he would walk away from it instead of risking his entire career. No matter what people personal opinions are it is against NFL policy that was agreed by NFLPA. So Gregory has a choice, he can seek other treatment or he can smoke himself out of the league which appears to be the case right now.

I don't wish bad on the guy but it is the rules like them or not so in the end it is his choice. He has made the comments before about being able to quit yet he continues

I agree, it's his choice. But I do think it's a stupid choice the NFL presents him with.

He may be able to seek other treatment, but that doesn't mean those other treatments will be effective. If only everyone was the same and what was effective for one was effective for all.

Of course, this entire line of discussion hinges on whether or not he uses it to help deal with mental/physical issues, or just for pleasure.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Of course prescription drugs can be bad. But if taken as directed by a doctor they are benificiary.
Pot has very little medicinal value at all.

Those are some very naive comments.

Tell that last line to my friend who had to move from Missouri to Colorado, away from all of her family and friends and other support, so that she could get cannabis oil treatment for her daughter who suffers from seizures. And tell that to other family's like her, and to the kids who have suffered greatly from all the other "taken as directed" medication prescribed by doctors, but had drastic improvements with the oil.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Im not mad at him. I am mad at us. He failed SEVERAL drug tests in college. He showed up at the interview (NFL Combine) for the BEST job he will ever have...and FAILED that test. That was a CLEAR indicator of ADDICTION.....not experimenting. So WHY should any of us be shocked? That pick had Jerry Jones written all over it.

According to what I read, 7. It's time to move on.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Tell that last line to my friend who had to move from Missouri to Colorado, away from all of her family and friends and other support, so that she could get cannabis oil treatment for her daughter who suffers from seizures. And tell that to other family's like her, and to the kids who have suffered greatly from all the other "taken as directed" medication prescribed by doctors, but had drastic improvements with the oil.

To be fair, the poster said very little. Not none at all.

Hardline

Reaction score

First off you would have to prove to me what you said is true.
Second of all, if marijuana had so much medicinal value why aren't pharmaceutical companies developing it for all these so called "alternative" medicines?
Third of all, I never met someone that promotes medical marijuana that just so happens to smoke it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree, it's his choice. But I do think it's a stupid choice the NFL presents him with.

He may be able to seek other treatment, but that doesn't mean those other treatments will be effective. If only everyone was the same and what was effective for one was effective for all.

Of course, this entire line of discussion hinges on whether or not he uses it to help deal with mental/physical issues, or just for pleasure.

I don't, he has claimed he can stop using. People here think they know his medical history they don't, they use internet rumors nothing solid and nothing from the people he is going to. Let me ask you what did his doctor prescribe? do know exactly what his doctors have told him? Or do people get this off the internet? There are other options out there if he actually does have mental issues, weed is not the only one and it is debatable that it is the best treatment. He knows and has admitted that it falls on him, no one else yet he can't stop. To me that is a problem if it was not a problem he would seek other alternatives.