Underrated Movies You Recommend

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I always thought ‘return to oz’ was a great creepy sequel. Shame it’s not well regarded but I can understand why.

kmp77

Reaction score
I always thought ‘return to oz’ was a great creepy sequel. Shame it’s not well regarded but I can understand why.

It's because it's too different from the movie.....which as actually different from the books. I think the sequel is a lot closer to the books. I loved it as a kid when it came out on Disney channel in the mid 80s. The "heads" and wheelers were crazy.

kmp77

Reaction score
I enjoyed Primer, but it felt like I was doing calculus homework trying to keep up with it. :)

I LOVE movies like that because you can spend a lot of time analyzing and researching. I listened to the director commentary and watched all the youtube videos. There's a TON you miss on first viewing. The complexity is astounding for a no budget film. Have you seen "Pi"?

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I LOVE movies like that because you can spend a lot of time analyzing and researching. I listened to the director commentary and watched all the youtube videos. There's a TON you miss on first viewing. The complexity is astounding for a no budget film. Have you seen "Pi"?

Yep, Pi wasn't so hard to decipher, but rather I just had to dive into the strange story. Now Donnie Darko was another Primer-type movie that I watched quite a few times in an attempt to follow what the director meant. I even watched an extended or director's cut that had book chapters included.

timb2

Reaction score
Yep, Pi wasn't so hard to decipher, but rather I just had to dive into the strange story. Now Donnie Darko was another Primer-type movie that I watched quite a few times in an attempt to follow what the director meant. I even watched an extended or director's cut that had book chapters included.
Love Donnie Darko would love to hear what people's interpretations of it are.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Underrated and a solid flick?

"3 O'clock High".

1987 movie about a nerdy kid who pisses off the school tough guy, who then invites (more like, no way is the nerdy kid going to get out of it) to fight him after school– 3 O'clock.

Anyone that graduated high-school from about 1975 until the time every kid had a cell phone, can relate.

Funny with a cast sprinkled with names and faces of actors and actresses we've seen over the years– including Jeffrey Tambor and Yeardly Smith (the voice of Lisa Simpson).

The movie didn't have much of a theatric run and ended up on one (or more) of the movie channels not long after it was released. It was a great "fill in" movie because it was on what seemed to be dozens of times for a couple month period and then it was gone–Hardly ever to be on TV, which is unfortunate.

One reason the story is so good is because Richard Christian Matheson co-wrote the script. This Matheson contributed several solid screenplays over his career and is the son of "Twilight Zone" creator and several other stories, TV shows and movies– Richard Matheson.

Oh one actress in the move, Liza Morrow, is darn-right blistering hot...

You gotta watch this one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

"3 O'clock High".

1987 movie about a nerdy kid who pisses off the school tough guy, who then invites (more like, no way is the nerdy kid going to get out of it) to fight him after school– 3 O'clock.

Anyone that graduated high-school from about 1975 until the time every kid had a cell phone, can relate.

Funny with a cast sprinkled with names and faces of actors and actresses we've seen over the years– including Jeffrey Tambor and Yeardly Smith (the voice of Lisa Simpson).

The movie didn't have much of a theatric run and ended up on one (or more) of the movie channels not long after it was released. It was a great "fill in" movie because it was on what seemed to be dozens of times for a couple month period and then it was gone–Hardly ever to be on TV, which is unfortunate.

One reason the story is so good is because Richard Christian Matheson co-wrote the script. This Matheson contributed several solid screenplays over his career and is the son of "Twilight Zone" creator and several other stories, TV shows and movies– Richard Matheson.

I remember the name, but when I read it I was thinking of My Bodyguard, so I'm sure I've seen it. I just don't remember it.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

"3 O'clock High".

This is a great pick for an underrated movie. I thought it was hilarious.