Video: Undisputed- Is Dez Bryant washed up?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Both make good points.. Skip IMO is on point about the injuries.

Dez is 28 years old.. He should have at least 3 prime years left before we see a decline.

Injuries, usage, and bad QB play have been the reasons for 15 & 16 being kind of down.

And for those that say he doesn't show up in big games what is this?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Dez has always been a hot and cold receiver which is I've always had him as a "good" receiver and shying away from him being in the "elite" category.

I forget who we were playing last year when he had 8 targets and zero receptions...."elite" WR's don't do that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez has always been a hot and cold receiver which is I've always had him as a "good" receiver and shying away from him being in the "elite" category.

I forget who we were playing last year when he had 8 targets and zero receptions...."elite" WR's don't do that.

Most teams don't tell their elite WR's to run go routes almost the entire game either.

But like TO and Miles before him he does it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I wouldn't say washed up, just inconsistent and overpaid. He doesn't have overall elite WR skills and I don't think they get creative enough with him to help meaning he can be taken out of games. They should seriously begin the search for their next #1 WR.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Broken record. I think he's totally misused as a WR. He should be primarily a high volume short/intermediate threat like TO or Fitzgerald. Get the ball in his hands and take advantage of his strength as a ball carrier.

I thought Landon Collins made an excellent point in critiquing Dez's game. He said Dez is an incredibly strong WR but he doesn't really use it to his advantage. Instead we have Dez running routes outside trying to out-quick DBs, which ain't happening.

Whatever, I'm just Joe Fan on my couch. But I think Dez would dominate if featured in a short passing game. As it stands, Dez is still a very good WR. I'd say he's somewhere on the bottom end a top 10 WR.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn't say washed up, just inconsistent and overpaid. He doesn't have overall elite WR skills and I don't think they get creative enough with him to help meaning he can be taken out of games. They should seriously begin the search for their next #1 WR.

He's inconsistent because of the scheme and injuries but I think you can make the argument he is overpaid.

Dallas shouldn't pay a WR like that if they don't plan on getting their money's worth.

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
I think if Dak was the QB when Dez had his contract year, Dez would have gone somewhere else... I do not think Dez would have received that monster contract. I do not think Dez would have had all the production or # of TDs.

It is obvious, Tony and Dak are two different QBs with two different styles. Tony used Jason/Dez with sprinkling wr3 and wr4 depending of the year. I see Dak spreading the wealth to all the receivers/Jason.

The contact was a good contract at the time... I could be wrong, but I believe most Cowboys fans were happy with it. The contract does not bother me.

I think we will see some great games from Dez this year., but I agree with Shannon. Dez does not run the complete route tree. Who knows if the production would be any different.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Get the ball in his hands on 5 -8 yard routes, good chance he'll take one to the house. He will wear a defense out if used right. It's seems when we play the Giants The just want to do constant go routes. That one inside play when Jenkins flew off of him can be alot more common. No body wants to get physical with him in the open field

Aven8

Reaction score
Both make good points.. Skip IMO is on point about the injuries.

Dez is 28 years old.. He should have at least 3 prime years left before we see a decline.

Injuries, usage, and bad QB play have been the reasons for 15 & 16 being kind of down.

And for those that say he doesn't show up in big games what is this?

Might want to change that avatar Catch. ;)