Video: Undisputed- Is Dez Bryant washed up?

perrykemp

Reaction score
The bottom line is that Dallas doesn't benefit from throwing to Dez like it used to. As one example, look at his seasonal catch percentages:
  • 2010: 61.6
  • 2011: 61.2
  • 2012: 66.7
  • 2013: 58.5
  • 2014: 64.7
  • 2015: 43.1
  • 2016: 52.1
  • 2017: 22.2

Those seem like surprising low % percentages. Interesting that they've been trending down.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Those seem like surprising low % percentages. Interesting that they've been trending down.

Well... If you look at those percentages and just think of last week you would know its a little more complicated then what the numbers show.

He was 22% last week because of awful throws.

Also, we throw him a lot of 50/50 balls so I just don't think this is a good measuring stick.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Well... If you look at those percentages and just think of last week you would know its a little more complicated then what the numbers show.

Also, we throw him a lot of 50/50 balls so I just don't think this is a good measuring stick.
He's just not a reliable target.

wick

Reaction score

Awful throws or trying to force the ball to your demonstrative "top receiver" who isn't getting open? Those throws could just as easily have been Dak thinking he needs to get Bryant involved but trying hard not to throw interceptions when his target is covered like a blanket. It's interesting that he didn't seem to have accuracy issues throwing to other receivers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Awful throws or trying to force the ball to your demonstrative "top receiver" who isn't getting open? Those throws could just as easily have been Dak thinking he needs to get Bryant involved but trying hard not to throw interceptions when his target is covered like a blanket. It's interesting that he didn't seem to have accuracy issues throwing to other receivers.

I remember the first time I saw a goal line fade.. You'll get used to receivers being guarded on them wick when you watch a little more football.