Undisputed: Jerry puts Dak on the Hot seat

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Dak is not getting 60 million from any team not named Dallas. Jerry finally smartened up. Will get he get 40-55 million? Sure someone desperate will sign that but Dak wants 60 and its obvious.
There are plenty of teams willing to take a shot on Dak. He'll get the biggest contract in NFL history, for at least a week.

bottleKids

Reaction score
There are plenty of teams willing to take a shot on Dak. He'll get the biggest contract in NFL history, for at least a week

I don't understand why anyone would make him the highest paid player in NFL history..... he has not proven to be a big time player, just a bottom feeder stat generator.

He will get current market value and maybe hit 55 million... anything above that is nuts.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would make him the highest paid player in NFL history..... he has not proven to be a big time player, just a bottom feeder stat generator.

He will get current market value and maybe hit 55 million... anything above that is nuts.
Because he is a top ten QB, in stats, and lots of owners think they can do what Jerry didn't and create the winning recipe with him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak is not getting 60 million from any team not named Dallas. Jerry finally smartened up. Will get he get 40-55 million? Sure someone desperate will sign that but Dak wants 60 and its obvious.
Well if you're playing for a none contending team, you should get as much as you can.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Because he is a top ten QB, in stats, and lots of owners think they can do what Jerry didn't and create the winning recipe with him.
Constant play makers at skilled positions over the years, consistent top o lines in nfl, Zeke in his prime, top 10 defense consistently over the years.... what else does Dak need to win? At what point does it become "Dak go win a big game that matters with the team on your back"? You think the recipe has been bad the last 8 years... wait until you see the circus in 2024.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't disagree with this statement... when it all about money then thats what its all about for some players.
Same for some GM's that don't participate in free agency.

So he created this culture???

The Owner/GM or the player?

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I'm a Dak fan. He should be on the hot seat. He looked woeful against GB. You can't keep putting up pedestrian performances in the playoffs. Could have forgiven him for the game against San Fran. After 2 games though you start to see a trend, as of right now Dak is trending downwards.

Blitzen

Reaction score
GM Jethro has no cards.

He is basically taking his ball and going home.

Dak is not on a hot seat, Jethro is.

Dak will be a starting QB and get paid next year.

GM Jethro will not have a QB.

All the pressure is on the Jones'.

Do they draft a QB this year? Do they continue to gamble on Trance? Do they pick up a non sexy free agent QB next year? Do the over pay for Dak next year? Do they trade multiple first round picks, like the Niners, to move up in the draft to gamble in a QB?

The only pressure Dak is going to have is from our rebuilt Oline and having to score 35+ a game with our run defense.

Considering they keep their jobs (till death) whether the Cowboys go winless the following 1000 years - I would say the pressure is not and never will be on the Jones’.

nobody

Reaction score
Yes I seen all those posts, and the thread that will not die about it.

I will root for Dak as he is our QB. But if they move on, I am fine with that also.
My preference, a change is needed. I am looking forward to TC to see what Lance can do.

There will be some very spirited threads and posts come that time. Ready for some entertainment? :laugh:
I'm eager to see what Lance can do, but I don't think we should put all of our eggs in that basket. I really think we should draft a QB in the first (Since it's supposed to be a QB-heavy draft, isn't it?). It won't happen because for some reason Jerry hates doing that, but I'd like to see it. Imagine a legit QB competition like one between Walsh and Aikman. It would be a very good problem to have.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No Dak goes into a trance come playoff time and critical game time. Let’s crucify TL before anyone knows what he can do. Got love the homers already in run him out of town mode so Dak can rest easy and give the the thousand yard stare for 3 and a half quarters
It's that wide glazed over look when I know we are cooked.
I mean every time we see this, we know what's about to happen, it usually results in a pick 6, shortly after we that watch the game can see the look happening again.
I just don't get why the Dak defenders never recognize or understand this, do they never actually watch the games and just worship the stats?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Funny thing is, because you want to see what Lance can do, the homers will call you a hater.

I call them the Dak Lovers Society.
2024 is the year of the prove it or lose it for overall roster depth.
Muk
J. Tolbert
Bass
Hoffman
Luepke
S. Williams
Ball
Richards
That leaves out a few more but you can see where Mi trying to go with this.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yes, there are a lot of fans that hate the Cowboys. It will never be hard to sell out the stadium.
Even if every true Cowboy season ticket held out and sold their tickets to anyone that would be first to buy them, the stadium will remain packed on gameday.

Jerry has built a label, and that starts at the top with Jerry, and it rolls down hill ,he alone is responsible for the "culture" issue that we have seen over the years.

We are the Cowboys my friends, we carry a brand and a label that the star alone generates mass revenue for Jerry.

I believe he wants to win, I truly believe that, and he has actually surprised me with the Dak situation, Jerry and this FO are not happy about the mistake they made, so fool me once shame on you but fool me twice shame on me mode right now it seems.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Would love to be able to see the value Dak would demand on the open market, it would totally shock you I'm sure of it.
Dak would get that glazed over look again when he discovered the limited interest.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Dak is the one in the hot seat. Figured that would be obvious to you people by now. Clearly, his annual screw ups are forgotten by you goldfish minded fans.

He has had loads of talent around him since he inherited this job. I would love to see how he does playing for the bears or cardinals! Lol.

Then all of you easily fooled fans will see how he does when he isn't in a baby swaddled system designed for a simple minded 1 read QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Let's make a bet!

If Dak gets extended, the haters have to disappear for a year.

If Dak does not get extended but instead becomes a free agent, the lovers have to disappear for a year.

Sounds like a bet?