Video: Undisputed: Keyshawn, Irvin and Skip react to WR Martavis Bryant signing

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Zero expectations. 5 years out of the NFL, even in the XFL in 6 games he had 14 catches for 154 yards and 0 tds. Big whoop.

This is classic Jerry Jones. He hit it big on Charles Haley so now he thinks he can duplicate, even exceed that, by taking players nobody, and I mean nobody in the NFL wants. Zero risk, of course, with Diggs, Parsons et al coming due for huge contracts in a year or two, Jerry really has no choice, but I'm so tired of Jerry and his extreme reaching for players like Bryant. Will cost Dallas next to nothng, I get it. But just because it's zero risk doesn't mean it's a good move as far as helping the team.

Hey, as far as Bryant himself goes, I'm glad for him. Always like to see people who've reached the bottom recover and make good. So I'll give him every chance, like most any other player.

But that's as far as I can do. And please spare me the "you're a negative Nancy, aren't you?" replies, there is next to nothing that would lead any reasonable person to conclude that there's more than a snowball's chance that Bryant ever does anything of note with the Cowboys. It's called being realistic, not being negative....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Luke 6' 5", 250 lbs
Furgy 6' 5", 244 lbs

not a big target?
Not if they don't have hops.. Remember that DB who punked Jarwin a few years against when they played at the Chargers? Basically just out-athleted him to the ball. Now I am not saying these youngsters are any more or less athletic than Bryant.. but on the surface I'd lean towards less. A 6'4" guy with a 40 inch vertical who can catch the ball is always a good thing to have. Provided of course he can still catch and still elevate. Which we won't know until we see it. Which might not be at all this year.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Because he's been out of the NFL for years and even when he played he wasn't anything special.
Don’t misconstrue me thinking the idea it’s a dumb move is off base with me stating confidently he is going to help the team. My entire point is based on him being signed to the PS. There is no downside unless you are worried about another PS guy being cut to keep him or you are worried about criticism for signing a guy with off the field issues, but I didn’t even read any of those with this signing.

as far as what I think we get from him I don’t know.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm looking at his profile and I don't see where he was a top 5 draft pick. He was taken in the 4th round.

Looking again, I see no Pro Bowl, All Pro, or MVP selections. In fact, he has only started 18 games in his career.

In the past ten years he has started a season's worth of games.

No records set, no thousand yard seasons, he did get suspended a full year.

Sorry, but I see nothing iconic, nothing generational, absolutely nothing significant about this receiver.

Why are we excited?
So you wouldn’t have brought him in for a look see for pennies?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
IMG-0398.gif

It’s a low risk signing. You guys have *****ed about the Cowboys not doing anything to try and improve the team. They make a signing that potentially could help the team and you ***** about that.
This signing isn't going to help the team, and will quickly be forgotten about. We wanted trade moves that would ACTUALLY help the team, not this obvious Jerry move for media clicks to get the heat off him for being lazy and failing at his GM duties.

This is a lazy, click bait signing, and nothing more.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dallas signed the Steelers' old number three receiver to their practice squad and there are analysis and arguments about it left and right.

I know anything the Cowboys do is big news but this is ridiculous. Calm down, everyone.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Luke 6' 5", 250 lbs
Furgy 6' 5", 244 lbs

not a big target?
But can they jump and high point the ball?

TEs don’t move like WRs. I can’t believe I actually have to type this.. thought that was common knowledge

And I know they aren’t as fast. Next question

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
3 things:

- I tune out Keyshawn, can't listen to him more than 2 minutes
- I thought Bryant was likely to not see the field until next year
- Did Keyshawn say anywhere that Jerry only signs these projects becuase he's cheap?

That's all...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Two observations and questions:

Is Michael Irvin OK? :huh:

So now we're the half-way house of the league? :rolleyes:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They make a signing that potentially could help the team and you ***** about that.
Did I not post that I'd give him a chance? Did I not post that it would cost Dallas next to nothing, meaning it's a low-risk signing?

It appears you don't understand the difference between being realistic and being pessimistic...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Did I not post that I'd give him a chance? Did I not post that it would cost Dallas next to nothing, meaning it's a low-risk signing?

It appears you don't understand the difference between being realistic and being pessimistic...
Dude, all you do is ***** about every player, coach, FO you name it person in the organization. You do nothing but bring negativity. Don’t give me your high horse crap.

plasticman

Reaction score
So you wouldn’t have brought him in for a look see for pennies?
To do what? Put him on the practice squad?

Other teams are allowed to sign players off your practice squad so isn't this just the Cowboys doing everybody else's homework for them?