Video: Undisputed: Keyshawn, Irvin and Skip react to WR Martavis Bryant signing

RonWashington

Reaction score
2nd round TE , Tolbert , Cooks first 8 games are either not targeted or can’t make dent or both . Excuse me if I temper my excitement over another passing target in the room .

Gave up TD’s first 2 drives second half in Philly that turned a halftime lead to a double digit deficit and a right tackle who played toll booth collector for pass rushers on the Pennsylvania turnpike . Neither of these issues addressed with another WR .

RonWashington

Reaction score
And the heralded Julio Jones who does have skins on the wall signed by Philly , I hardly noticed him last Sunday . Dak seems focused on 88 & 87 in the passing game not sure what Bryant brings to the table for WINS .

CCBoy

Reaction score
Luke 6' 5", 250 lbs
Furgy 6' 5", 244 lbs

not a big target?
The point here, is size differences that empower more seperation points and especially in the Red Zone. Body type differences. That has been a small problem...!

CCBoy

Reaction score
He's just another mouth to feed in a family of receivers and TEs where who are bagging for more touches.
That pictures of youth baseball...are there different skills that make a whole team? Some of those skills are special and it takes strong leadership skills to both see those and to put those specialties to use...

Step aside some times and quit just complaining if one doesn't see touchdowns from a player every single play.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dude, all you do is ***** about every player, coach, FO you name it person in the organization. You do nothing but bring negativity. Don’t give me your high horse crap.
You obviously have me confused with someone else.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not if they don't have hops.. Remember that DB who punked Jarwin a few years against when they played at the Chargers? Basically just out-athleted him to the ball. Now I am not saying these youngsters are any more or less athletic than Bryant.. but on the surface I'd lean towards less. A 6'4" guy with a 40 inch vertical who can catch the ball is always a good thing to have. Provided of course he can still catch and still elevate. Which we won't know until we see it. Which might not be at all this year.
why i understand your response and agree to an extent,
jason witten was one of the most unathletic TES always seemed to find a way to get open or score.. i think in time our tight ends will eventually be a good target.. and to be honest we're comparing a 31 year old whos been out of the big time for quite some time and just because you can still run, and jump doesn't mean you can still run a good route and beat your man.

i was simply pointing out we have some BIG men that are very young and that should develop into good targets for Dak.. saw a story accurate or not but says Furgy is the first ROOKIE TE to start his career in dallas to have 5 tds in his first 2 seasons and its not over yet.. he was very comfy with Dalton and I believe will get that as we see over the last few games with our Furgy and as Schoon gets beter both should become security blankets for dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The point here, is size differences that empower more seperation points and especially in the Red Zone. Body type differences. That has been a small problem...!
right, a 31 year old retread will fix it all over big young TES..

they dropped few early but have made a vast improvement the last few games...I saw a story accurate or not but says Furgy is the first ROOKIE TE to start his career in Dallas to have 5 tds in his first 2 seasons and its not over yet.. he was very comfy with Dalton, and I believe will get that as we see over the last few games with our Furgy and as Schoon gets better both should become security blankets for dak.

BTW,

Jason Witten was one of the most unathletic TES always seemed to find a way to get open or score, he had hops and huge separation?? NOT.. i think in time our tight ends will eventually be a good target.. and to be honest we're comparing a 31 year old whos been out of the big time for quite some time and just because you can still run, and jump doesn't mean you can still run a good route and beat your man.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And the heralded Julio Jones who does have skins on the wall signed by Philly , I hardly noticed him last Sunday . Dak seems focused on 88 & 87 in the passing game not sure what Bryant brings to the table for WINS .
i really don't understand why you don't understand that's how a great #1 primary target like Michael Irvin, Dez, TO and now FINALLY, CD lamb and your #1 TE is normal they will get the most attention. Same as the 90s the triplets plus Novacek. that how it works not enough balls to go around.

id worry if CD and or Furgy went down and at that point not one of these guys produces... show me this ridiculous production by the #2/3 WR-TEs around the league. its rare, not thing really if your primary targets are open you Throw the them THE DANG BALL early, often, and who cares what the backups are doing in limited snaps.

seriously, many of you are delusional thinking teams with great primary targets dont feed them the ball.

cooks is here to draw coverage, make few plays, and when called upon for whatever reason maybe lamb goes down BC can deliver as the primary, outside of that, thats what most 3rd-6th targets are ..

also, TOP is concern ie not enough reps on offense when your d is allowing very LONG-time eating scoring drives.. you mentioned it and quite obvious without time to look to your 2-4th targets because the OL is giving your qb 2 secs to get rid of it OR RUN.. also remember early on in the season we were up by 40 points in three games, they played ultra conservative and those early numbers are skewed and post bye they have increased to another level, so all this is premature IMHO.

facts...

a good example is when 7 games into 2018 ,we didn't have a single wr/TE target to get open and produce , got AC and flipped the season.. we already have 88-87 doing great work and the backups have contributed to real expectations.

last time for

common sense, if 88-87 go down and we dont have a WR-TE come in and pick up the slack, then worry. Until than let me remind folks that fans were up in arms about dak going elsewhere early in the season and CD not getting his targets, hes finally getting the #1 treatment and i fully approve. yet not you all want to go back to WRBC lmao..

i cant be clearer, this is like expecting your BU RB/LB/NT have his big numbers as your number one..its bad expectations. i've seen Brandin cook's career if he gets the number one spot for any reason, he will deliver enough and then Dak will have to go to the backups more to make up for the loss. spreading it around is overrated, guarantee the BU TE-WR -RB in the 90s were nearly ghosts outside of few big moments.

that pretty normal for most teams.

i find it most amusing that some fans....g back and wide receiver by committee they have said if you don't have a true 1 at each position you have NONE..now you are asking for bigger production from others when CD and Furgs is doing their jobs.. :facepalm:

ESisback

Reaction score
To do what? Put him on the practice squad?

Other teams are allowed to sign players off your practice squad so isn't this just the Cowboys doing everybody else's homework for them?
It’s the Cowboys doing what all teams do. Just too many people overreacting.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He confused me too.. I was sign who? The people at standing there, or the busts?
:huh: That just means yaw, (oscillation of a non-spiraling round going downrange), don't understand and are too far stereotyped to figure it out...

RonWashington

Reaction score
i really don't understand why you don't understand that's how a great #1 primary target like Michael Irvin, Dez, TO and now FINALLY, CD lamb and your #1 TE is normal they will get the most attention. Same as the 90s the triplets plus Novacek. that how it works not enough balls to go around.

id worry if CD and or Furgy went down and at that point not one of these guys produces... show me this ridiculous production by the #2/3 WR-TEs around the league. its rare, not thing really if your primary targets are open you Throw the them THE DANG BALL early, often, and who cares what the backups are doing in limited snaps.

seriously, many of you are delusional thinking teams with great primary targets dont feed them the ball.

cooks is here to draw coverage, make few plays, and when called upon for whatever reason maybe lamb goes down BC can deliver as the primary, outside of that, thats what most 3rd-6th targets are ..

also, TOP is concern ie not enough reps on offense when your d is allowing very LONG-time eating scoring drives.. you mentioned it and quite obvious without time to look to your 2-4th targets because the OL is giving your qb 2 secs to get rid of it OR RUN.. also remember early on in the season we were up by 40 points in three games, they played ultra conservative and those early numbers are skewed and post bye they have increased to another level, so all this is premature IMHO.

facts...

a good example is when 7 games into 2018 ,we didn't have a single wr/TE target to get open and produce , got AC and flipped the season.. we already have 88-87 doing great work and the backups have contributed to real expectations.

last time for

common sense, if 88-87 go down and we dont have a WR-TE come in and pick up the slack, then worry. Until than let me remind folks that fans were up in arms about dak going elsewhere early in the season and CD not getting his targets, hes finally getting the #1 treatment and i fully approve. yet not you all want to go back to WRBC lmao..

i cant be clearer, this is like expecting your BU RB/LB/NT have his big numbers as your number one..its bad expectations. i've seen Brandin cook's career if he gets the number one spot for any reason, he will deliver enough and then Dak will have to go to the backups more to make up for the loss. spreading it around is overrated, guarantee the BU TE-WR -RB in the 90s were nearly ghosts outside of few big moments.

that pretty normal for most teams.

i find it most amusing that some fans....g back and wide receiver by committee they have said if you don't have a true 1 at each position you have NONE..now you are asking for bigger production from others when CD and Furgs is doing their jobs.. :facepalm:

Just so you know no one reads your long winded boring posts . Bye :facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Just so you know no one reads your long winded boring posts . Bye :facepalm:
NO ONE , NOT ONE? you know everyone in here and what they read??

first of all, you're a giant tool thinking that as well as thinking you had anything of value with your mostly useless short ones.

my 25,200 likes say otherwise, someone reads and understands them and if you read it, it makes a lot more sense than your short and very useless post because its rather obvious to why they are getting most of the targets as its very normal for most offenses.

But thanks for the reply that also has ZERO VALUE to this thread as did your other post i replied too.

this was you posting for sure

blueblood70

Reaction score
Troll . Good job
Nice that you had to reply to me now twice , just to say my posts are unimportant and unread, that would be troll not what i did. good try more unimportant responses

More of how you see yourself but very false,

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously I have tempered expectations..

But! All I want Bryant to do is be the tall, jump over the top, Ref Zone target Dak needs..

That would be a Win. Let’s go!
Yes about time they addressed this situation. took them what, 9 years.