Video: Undisputed: Skip: Damontae Kazee arrested was a big deal for the Cowboys

nobody

Reaction score
I thought the fan base didn't want the choir boys types? This whole damn place today has turned into Mary Popins today.

For some, it has nothing to do with the fact that he was drinking. But with car services available and choosing to drink and drive, that's a different story because of how it might affect the team. It's a discipline issue and a distraction when they don't need it. I don't like Sharpe or Bayless, but in this Sharpe is right. Don't be that guy. There is no excuse. That being said, I'm all for waiting to see if he's convicted or not, but if he is, I said kick him to the curb. The team needs to be shown this isn't acceptable behavior any more. It's about the team. It's about football. It's about doing what's best for the team while in the middle of the season.

If you can't do that as a player, then there's a problem. He admitted to having some drinks and driving. The Cowboys should bench him a game or two just for that. Who cares if he drank? That's not the issue. I don't know why some people keep trying to make it seem like that's the issue. It's what he did after he chose to drink that's the issue and it affects the team.

Reactions: BAT

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Some here might not remember this but when Skip was at ESPN at one point they actually had him playing Stephen A Smiths character.

Brax

Reaction score
Regardless of whether the DUI sticks or not, he admitted to drinking and driving so in the court of public opinion and probably with MM and JJ, he is an idiot in the very least.
Just remember Dak had the same issue out of college, young guys and older people do dumb things sometimes. lets see how this plays out, don't condemn a guy for a mistake. Not smart correct, but I bet you made mistakes maybe you got caught maybe you didn't he did and admited his mistake ,cut him some slack.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If you want to make a point, then McCarthy should say to the whole team: "I was giving the team the week off from practice because I am treating you as grown men. However, unfortunately not everyone can act like grown men so instead of having the week off we are watching game film and doing walk throughs all week."

That will most certainly get the message to Kazee by way of players giving him a lot of crap.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Just remember Dak had the same issue out of college, young guys and older people do dumb things sometimes. lets see how this plays out, don't condemn a guy for a mistake. Not smart correct, but I bet you made mistakes maybe you got caught maybe you didn't he did and admited his mistake ,cut him some slack.

Yes, and just as Kazee was wrong Dak was wrong. That said, Dak just got out of college (not that that is an excuse) whereas Kazee is 28 years old.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No i dont and your egomaniacal attitude needs a hit as well. so shut it down or we can do this all day until the mods bench us..

you arent the mayor here , get over it..thats all you got , 3 straight hollow, junk, corrective posts with ZERO to add to the actual post?? try again..

Good Job, Karen.....
Jesus. :facepalm: You really are a 4th grader.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
For some, it has nothing to do with the fact that he was drinking. But with car services available and choosing to drink and drive, that's a different story because of how it might affect the team. It's a discipline issue and a distraction when they don't need it. I don't like Sharpe or Bayless, but in this Sharpe is right. Don't be that guy. There is no excuse. That being said, I'm all for waiting to see if he's convicted or not, but if he is, I said kick him to the curb. The team needs to be shown this isn't acceptable behavior any more. It's about the team. It's about football. It's about doing what's best for the team while in the middle of the season.

If you can't do that as a player, then there's a problem. He admitted to having some drinks and driving. The Cowboys should bench him a game or two just for that. Who cares if he drank? That's not the issue. I don't know why some people keep trying to make it seem like that's the issue. It's what he did after he chose to drink that's the issue and it affects the team.
You are right on all accounts. can't argue one bit. He should be made to read the forum for a week. Bet he never drinks again.:)

visionary

Reaction score
Drama drama drama.

1. We don’t know if Kazee is going to miss games or not

2. If he does miss games it’ll be like 3.

3. We have other safeties who are on a similar level to Kazee.

I like Kazee. He is a solid starter. But he’s not so good that losing him for 3 games is going to be a huge deal.

1. Common sense is not needed in these threads

2. if you have it please keep it to yourself

3. if you can’t, please refrain from entering these threads

nobody

Reaction score
You are right on all accounts. can't argue one bit. He should be made to read the forum for a week. Bet he never drinks again.:)

Or he drinks to be able to stomach the forum.

Brax

Reaction score
Yes, and just as Kazee was wrong Dak was wrong. That said, Dak just got out of college (not that that is an excuse) whereas Kazee is 28 years old.
Everyone can make a mistake people in their 70's do age isn't a big factor only a contributor.

Sydla

Reaction score
UNDISPUTED - Skip: "Damontae Kazee arrested was a big deal for the Cowboys

In the grand scheme of things, no the DUI doesn't have a huge effect on the Cowboys. One, it's likely he won't face punishment until 2022 as it's unlikely his case would even make its way through the court system (which, historically, the league has let play out before issuing their own punishment).

Two, with Hooker and Wilson being able to play some FS, the sky wouldn't fall if Kazee was suspended. I think Kazee has been a nice addition but he's not exactly Ed Reed out there either.