Undisputed-Skip on Mark Schlereth:Agree with Jerry Jones that Cowboys will win more then 10

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also, I don’t think either the Pats, Bears, or Rams will be as good this year as they were last year. I might be wrong, but thats what I think as of right now.

I am not scared of any of those teams.
I actually think the Saints game will be more tough than those 3. Because it is on the road, and even then, I look forward to se that game. As of now, it will be a good test IMO.

Bears, the only thing is how will their D be this year, I expect them to be better, but I expect ours to be better also.
NE no matter what, are on the downside, but then again everyone keeps saying that. But at some point, Brady will hit that brick wall. This may be that year. He was showing signs of it last year at times. But with their perennial easy schedule they will be in the thick of it.

Rams we have at home, and that can make a difference. Which is why I say going to N.O. will be more of a test.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schlereth commenting on Frederick, when Schlereth actually had the same illness, was interesting. He expects us to get Frederick back and it'll be a huge upgrade.

Schlereth was a 'diamond among trash' on that set. The only rational, intelligent, knowledgeable guy capable of actually talking football like a grownup. Flanked by idiots, with one in particular not having a leg to stand on and simply resorting to the blame game. How Sharpe continues to have that job is beyond me, and Schlereth looked to be shaking his head by the end of the segment as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I usually say 8-8, and have for years until they prove me otherwise on a consistent basis.
Even after the 12-4 2014 year, I needed to see an improved D, so in 2015 still said 8-8.

But now, 13-3, 9-7, 10-6, and going from 3-5 to finish 7-1 last season, that to me qualifies me upping my usual 8-8.
I don't really just want to play it safe and say 9-7, so I will say they will finish 10-6. If all looks great in TC and in the PS games, if I like the looks of Morre's offense scheme, though it will be very vanilla. I can see changing to 11-5. If it does not look so good, then down to 9-1.

Goose Gosselin used to predict 8-8 every year. I hated him for that. But one time on the Ticket, he said, he would give them a loss and each week predicted a loos if a road game, and a win at home. Unless the teams were so lopsided he had to go with the better team.

So after I thought about that, and 3 years of 8-8 I started my 8-8 predictions. But now they are better, so time to up that win total.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
• No clear #2 WR
• Possible health and experienced depth issues on the O-line
• Other than the LBs and D-Law, all kinds of questions on the defense
• (knock on wood) No experienced backups at QB or RB

Other than any/all of the above, we should be a lock for the SB.

Gallup is clearly #2.
Deepest OL we've ever had.
Only questions on D is Gregory's playing status & who starts at SS.
Better RB depth with both rookies having speed. Pollard is the wildcard how we use him.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am not scared of any of those teams.
I actually think the Saints game will be more tough than those 3. Because it is on the road, and even then, I look forward to se that game. As of now, it will be a good test IMO.

Bears, the only thing is how will their D be this year, I expect them to be better, but I expect ours to be better also.
NE no matter what, are on the downside, but then again everyone keeps saying that. But at some point, Brady will hit that brick wall. This may be that year. He was showing signs of it last year at times. But with their perennial easy schedule they will be in the thick of it.

Rams we have at home, and that can make a difference. Which is why I say going to N.O. will be more of a test.

LOL. The Pats analysis above is awesomely funny.

jrumann59

Reaction score
They have a harder schedule this year so they can be 9-7 and still be better. That said, I think they will be 12-4.
Schedule talk is BS. This year they still play the eagles, giants, Commanders, they play the NFC north and AFC East and they play the saints which they played in 2018, and the Rams. So outside the rams and saints their schedule is not that much "harder" than say the Giants. If anything the overall scedules for the NFCE are easier than they were last year Bears, Packers, Vikings, Lions are not better than the teams they played from the NFC South, The AFC East beyond NE is worse than the AFC South.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schlerith has always been straight up when covering Dallas, and probably all teams. At least he admits he does not like them, as to being an ex Commanders player.
But he has always given Dallas props and said good things as well as some constructive criticism.

Shannon is just a hater.
Just because he's a hater, can't discount the points he made. His question to Skippy regarding Quinn was met with "just watch"? What a clown, answer the question because the first suspicion about any player should be why did his team let him walk or make him available. And in a league so in search of pass rushers, why did he last as long as he did.

Part of the schtick of this, and why I don't watch, is the fact that they play off the homer aspect with Skippy with Sharpe taking the constant counterpoint.

I have always found Schlereth to be just factual in his observations and better than either one of those tube tools.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The talk of schedules based on 2018 standards is useless. Until it tees up for real, we won't know how this schedule will shake out. Yep, games at NE, NO and CHI in December look a little tough but that's only 3 games.

I don't know if the Cowboys will be better than the 2018 team but I am planning on them being better than the first half 2018 team. But at the same time, I don't know if any of the teams the Cowboys will play will be better either. It's all on paper now and as we know, paper lies.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Just because he's a hater, can't discount the points he made. His question to Skippy regarding Quinn was met with "just watch"? What a clown, answer the question because the first suspicion about any player should be why did his team let him walk or make him available. And in a league so in search of pass rushers, why did he last as long as he did.

Part of the schtick of this, and why I don't watch, is the fact that they play off the homer aspect with Skippy with Sharpe taking the constant counterpoint.

I have always found Schlereth to be just factual in his observations and better than either one of those tube tools.
being right with no drama doesn't draw rating. this show and SAS show is all about drama and ratings. it's entertainment, not sports journalism. just my thought.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sometimes circumstances for a team happens. Maybe change of coaches, philosophies, style of play they want. Will make a player not fit in. Maybe they wanted to get something instead of releasing him, as they were going to eat the cap money anyway.

Just because Skip didn't answer Shannon, doesn't mean a thing. As both are clowns. There are many times Skip makes a point, and Shannon answers the same way. And if either responds it just escalates into more stupid arguments.
Schlereth has always been good from what I seen, seems fair and honest on all teams. One of the few out there that can be objective.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
being right with no drama doesn't draw rating. this show and SAS show is all about drama and ratings. it's entertainment, not sports journalism. just my thought.

It is why I do not watch them, unless clips are posted on here.
However I did tune in when Michael Irvin was on SAS show live from Dallas last year.
As well as after they beat the Saints and Eagles for the 2nd time.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Looks good...on paper...in May...
That’s pretty much all we have to go on at this point, right? That and how well we finished the season last year. Otherwise everyone would have to wait till the season is underway to post.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6, 7 wins , I'm a realist, hope I'm wrong but Jerry's predictions scare me.
Why? It's all media BS meant to make him look better. No one pays attention to him but the media because no other GM or owner is such a pathetic spotlight seeker. What he's saying is "I've done my job to make us better with these FA's, draft and replacing the OC with a neophyte". Not my fault if we're not better.

Key to that was the question "ask the other 31 owners if they think they'll be better and what will they say"? We won't know because they don't shoot their mouths off to the media. I would have liked to be to ask that clown "if you're going to be better, why didn't you extend your HC? Is leaving your HC and other coaches on a last year contract better coaching?"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schlereth was a 'diamond among trash' on that set. The only rational, intelligent, knowledgeable guy capable of actually talking football like a grownup. Flanked by idiots, with one in particular not having a leg to stand on and simply resorting to the blame game. How Sharpe continues to have that job is beyond me, and Schlereth looked to be shaking his head by the end of the segment as well.
Did you see him fidgeting when Skippy was pontificating? And I love his response to Sharpe about Quinn "just watch". I was waiting for Sharpe to respond "Oh yeah? Watch yo momma"!

What's funny is to see people respond here to that as if it's real. The entire schtick between those two morons is scripted. It's like watching Jane Curtain and Dan Ackroyd do point/counterpoint on SNL, only not funny. "Skip, you ignorant slut".

Flamma

Reaction score
If the Cowboys don't make a solid run for a championship this year it will be a great disappointment. I don't care about their record, just end results. Similar but not equal to the transition from '91 to '92. That '91 team was good, but they had little chance at winning it all. They barely beat that Bears team I thought wasn't very good and got stomped by the Lions in the divisional round. Some nice additions made that '92 team that much better. Still, I think Dallas was a 6 point dog in the NFC championship game.

That said, post #20 by GenoT makes some valid points. Most of which were not an issue going into '92 except for the kicker. He sucked too. But if his points don't become a real issue Dallas should kick some *** this season. Keep in mind we probably had tougher competition back then.