Undisputed- Stephen Jones says Dak Prescott's deal will have to be team friendly

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
So if you watched the DeMarcus Lawrence presser today..

we heard all the statements from Tank about wanting to do.a deal thar was fair and that he knew the team needed money for other talent to help him.

No doubt that will be the theme with all our coming signings.

Wonder who might depart from that mantra and demand top position money like Earl Thomas did?

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dak takes a team friendly deal I'll choke on my cheap whiskey. His team friendly deal was his rookie contract.

Sharpe put Dak top 15 but says he's better than Stafford. Does that make sense to anyone here?

Skip didn't appear to be drunk, but if he thinks Dak is going to accept a 6 year 100M contract there has to be a mind altering substance at work. Even though I along with many others think that's what he's worth, all it takes is another team willing to pay him more, then that's what he's worth. That said, the Cowboys should be careful as to how much they pay him because there aren't a lot of teams in the market for a starting QB. Under a handful. But realistically speaking team friendly would be somewhere in the 24M a year category.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

we heard all the statements from Tank about wanting to do.a deal thar was fair and that he knew the team needed money for other talent to help him.

Wonder who might depart from that mantra and demand top position money like Earl Thomas did?

i think that guy will be Elliot.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Team Friendly" is very subjective.

A team friendly deal could be one that's easy on the salary cap in year 1 and 2 so the team can sign other players who are nearing the end of their rookie contract.

A team friendly deal could also be "less than market value" and I cannot see any player doing that unless they have already cashed in on multiple post-rookie contracts like Tom Brady who also is married to a wealthy spouse.

ESisback

Reaction score

It’s all about ego. Some say it’ll be north of 30 mill per year. The Cowboys don’t spend big money in FA anymore, because they have to pay these big salaries. Dak could still be a rich man by accepting 25, and letting the Cowboys the means for a decent supporting cast, but the ego will destroy that plan.

movaughn88

Reaction score
I'm not attacking the OP at all (those guys are well paid actors playing a scene) but why do we need to start a thread every time they say something, just based on these two clowns arguing?

Countless others disagreed on Dlaw and he got done where we and everyone expected.

coult44

Reaction score
Dak is getting 28-30 per year, it's just a matter of how they spread it out

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm not attacking the OP at all (those guys are well paid actors playing a scene) but why do we need to start a thread every time they say something, just based on these two clowns arguing?

Countless others disagreed on Dlaw and he got done where we and everyone expected.

Yup. It's a Abott & Costello wanna be act.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Yup. It's a Abott & Costello wanna be act.

Tank was interviewed. It wasn’t Rich talking about his contract. The whole segment was an interview with Tank. Give it a listen.

jay94

Reaction score
If Dak takes a team friendly deal I'll choke on my cheap whiskey. His team friendly deal was his rookie contract.

Sharpe put Dak top 15 but says he's better than Stafford. Does that make sense to anyone here?

Skip didn't appear to be drunk, but if he thinks Dak is going to accept a 6 year 100M contract there has to be a mind altering substance at work. Even though I along with many others think that's what he's worth, all it takes is another team willing to pay him more, then that's what he's worth. That said, the Cowboys should be careful as to how much they pay him because there aren't a lot of teams in the market for a starting QB. Under a handful. But realistically speaking team friendly would be somewhere in the 24M a year category.

He's not better than Stafford.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Cowboys are idiots for giving him even $80m for 4 years.
2y7fr9.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s all about ego. Some say it’ll be north of 30 mill per year. The Cowboys don’t spend big money in FA anymore, because they have to pay these big salaries. Dak could still be a rich man by accepting 25, and letting the Cowboys the means for a decent supporting cast, but the ego will destroy that plan.
Just like #9s ego, right? Where was the "team friendly" deal there...during both big contract re-signings?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I don't care what they pay, or don't pay Dak. Bottom line is...what is the FO doing to make the team better. If they pay him 30 million a year and we win a super bowl, good deal. Pay Dak 30 million a year, then we lose other key players, which cost us a championship, then bad deal.