Undisputed: What is the root of the Cowboy's ongoing contract mess?

12+88=7

Reaction score
Yesterday on NFL Live they talked about how if Prescott left for free agency that he would reset the QB market, basically 60 million a year.

Dallas made that mistake once. I don't think they make it again. They let Prescott walk after 2024 is my prediction.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Why is it a mess? It's only a mess if we resign him for $60 mil a year.
Exactly.

We're just now taking our purgatory that would have come at some point. Instead of kicking it down the road, we're taking the lumps now. At some point, sooner or later, we have to move on from Dak who's brought us nothing. Let me repeat that, because it's worth repeating: He's brought us NOTHING. Let's look at his stats in divisional games. Don't give me OL blocking, running game, etc...because it's the SAME offensive line, the SAME running game that he had all year while putting up numbers. Dak chokes during a playoff run...that has proven to be a fact.

So why on earth would we want to "re-up" for that?? Could we do worse? Absofreakinglutely. But we know what the bar is with Dak (been there, done that)...may as well take some lumps sooner or later and move on. And if we do look at 4-13 or 5-12 after Dak, hey, we'd then be in better position to get a better QB in the draft.

We may just have to wait a little while to get there. I can.

Brax

Reaction score
Hey, our boy got 1 vote out of 50.........not too shabby
Actually he got none only Josh Allen got 1 first place MVP vote the way Dak got his was a running total of second third fourth place votes but let’s wave the MVP flag you know kinda like was on NFL record till he was hurt yes playoff games disastrous results mean nothing and don’t forget that 8-9 Tampa win and how Dak retired 45 year old Brady.

jnday

Reaction score
Actually he got none only Josh Allen got 1 first place MVP vote the way Dak got his was a running total of second third fourth place votes but let’s wave the MVP flag you know kinda like was on NFL record till he was hurt yes playoff games disastrous results mean nothing and don’t forget that 8-9 Tampa win and how Dak retired 45 year old Brady.
Brady’s wife retired Tom Terrific. There is no level that the Dak lovers want go to in their efforts to make Dak look good.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yesterday on NFL Live they talked about how if Prescott left for free agency that he would reset the QB market, basically 60 million a year.

Dallas made that mistake once. I don't think they make it again. They let Prescott walk after 2024 is my prediction.
Who is they and how would they know what Dak is asking for?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give us a 4th and he's yours!

Just kidding! We'll give u a 4th and 5th? PLEASE!
He's amazing! Just watch him against bad defenses!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How can anybody fully believe in Dak Prescott after watching him flame out every year in the playoffs?
The root of the contract mess is based on the GB play-off (and struggles vrs good teams, eg 49ers). Im convinced if we beat the Packers and Lions (or even put up a show) this wouldnt even be a thread, we'd of brought the team back, restructured/extended Dak. However, the rude awakening is that whilst Dak's a good QB, is he able to warrant the increased CAP......the whole fact that no decision has been made is testament that there are concerns.