Signed by Cowboys ***Undrafted FA Signings Thread***

fansince68

Reaction score
Glad MM concentrates on the WR position and its depth, one thing I have hated about this team in the past is carrying useless WRs.

We have always been decently lucky with health at the position but it is nice to have depth there.
Noah Brown...

conner01

Reaction score
Any money spent on players counts against the cap.
Isn’t there a limited pool for these guys
Seems like I read there is sort of a cap in the cap and I had read that romo got the max back then

conner01

Reaction score
Noah Brown...
I think when you are dealing with under developed players you have to give them some time to develop
Brown I think has been given that time but I get not just churning them every year
Part of the reason guys are UDFA is they needed to grow as players

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss!!! This is exactly what I want!!!! Our last Aussie punter was a beast, and I'd like another please!

Matt McBriar!
I've always wondered why not. The top dudes over there make too much money to move here to punt, but there's a **** ton of dudes who can kick the crap out of the ball.

I'm sure there would be a learning curve to kick the different ball. But they are awesome at directional kicking, and they are tougher than your average punter. And athletic enough to present a fake punt option, and a last wave defender.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Matt McBriar!
I've always wondered why not. The top dudes over there make too much money to move here to punt, but there's a **** ton of dudes who can kick the crap out of the ball.

I'm sure there would be a learning curve to kick the different ball. But they are awesome at directional kicking, and they are tougher than your average punter. And athletic enough to present a fake punt option, and a last wave defender.

That, and I have an open thread involving 3 punters I found from the Japanese X-League I think the Cowboys should bring to camp. Do have a look. You may be surprised.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, and that player from last year is on the list. I also found a guy who's punts actually look similar to that of McBriar.
Wonder why they don't tap more of the overseas markets for kickers. NBA and MLB are finding real gems. MLS and NHL been killing it for years.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wonder why they don't tap more of the overseas markets for kickers. NBA and MLB are finding real gems. MLS and NHL been killing it for years.

I'm not sure. It's the most transferrable skill and it could make us better. Landry did that by bringing in Fristch. Why not see what is available in those leagues? Plus, it helps develop that league because it means they can play in the NFL.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone have a list of the UDFA we signed? Hard to go through 20 pages.....
# Sewo Olonilua RB TCU
# Rico Dowdle RB South Carolina
# Kendrick Rogers WR Texas A&M
# Aaron Parker WR Rhode Island -
# Stephen Guidry WR Mississippi State
# Charlie Taumoepeau TE Portland State
# Sean McKeon TE Michigan
# Terence Steele OT Texas Tech
# Ladarius Hamilton DE North Texas
# Ron'Dell Carter DE James Madison
# Azur Kamara DE Kansas
# Garrett Marino DL UAB
# Francis Bernard LB Utah
# Luther Kirk DB Illinois State

fansince68

Reaction score
I think when you are dealing with under developed players you have to give them some time to develop
Brown I think has been given that time but I get not just churning them every year
Part of the reason guys are UDFA is they needed to grow as players
Brown has had his time but spent the time on IR every year.