Unplugging From Facebook

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've greatly reduced my FB usage. I get sick and tired of the screaming arguments started by people with an agenda.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What's a facebook?
Yeah... I've never been on it before. My wife uses it, but not like many I've seen.
I guess it has it's uses, but none for me. I have no family and my friends are a phone call away.

Not that I begrudge anyone that uses it. Whatever floats your boat. I just don't see any reason for me to advertise where I am, what I'm doing and how I feel to the general public.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Fair enough! That would leave more time for you to spend on CowboysZone :D :D
I turned off my adblocker the other day for this site and I'm actually enjoying the ads! That Drinkfinity is awfully tempting...
So is that electric bike! I think I want one!

Xelda

Reaction score
Watch out ksk! I think culchur is knocking on the door. Approach with caution.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I don't use facebook.. Even though they are building a mammoth facility, on Rt170 in Fort Worth Texas, about a 3 wood shot from my building.
Well when I was younger. Now it's a driver and a 7 iron shot.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't use facebook.. Even though they are building a mammoth facility, on Rt170 in Fort Worth Texas, about a 3 wood shot from my building.
Well when I was younger. Now it's a driver and a 7 iron shot.
So about 130 yards? :muttley:

rynochop

Reaction score
I mainly use it for news,weather, sports, I was in the middle of Harvey and found it very helpful with updates, road and school closures, where to get sandbags, mre.s, what stores were open, etc
It's easy to just unfollow someone that posts non stop political memes, or if you don't care what someone had had for lunch, even though it's funny there a game day food thread here every Sunday..

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have hundreds of relatives in Switzerland. FB is a cheap way to stay in contact with them. I use it for that and for my relatives in the US and Canada. But I've also blocked people who post something to the effect of, "Here's my agenda. If you don't follow my agenda, you're an evil person." Buh-bye to them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah... I've never been on it before. My wife uses it, but not like many I've seen.
I guess it has it's uses, but none for me. I have no family and my friends are a phone call away.

Not that I begrudge anyone that uses it. Whatever floats your boat. I just don't see any reason for me to advertise where I am, what I'm doing and how I feel to the general public.
Me either; however, I do feel the need to let y'all know I will not be scratching the family jewels for the next two hours. Next scratch at precisely 4:24pm.