Unpopular football opinions

kskboys

Reaction score
If you want to see “bus driver” look at Aikman’s post season game logs. Outside of the 1992 SB run his playoff numbers are middling at best.

BTW, Eli had two very good SB postseason runs.
"Very good". Depends on your definiton of "very good". He didn't turn the ball over and let the D take over the games. Low numbers.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
"Very good". Depends on your definiton of "very good". He didn't turn the ball over and let the D take over the games. Low numbers.
9 TDs/1 INTS and averaged 300+ yards a game during the 2011 SB season.

You act like Google doesn’t exist.

Now talk to me about Aikman’s SB post-season runs.

JustChip

Reaction score
And yet, if Lee Evans doesn't drop a TD pass right in his hands the year before, then Flacco wins 2 super bowls.
Which highlights there is a measure of luck associated with attaining a championship. The skill is being in position so that luck, should it fall your way, makes a difference. Gary Player said something to the effect, the harder I practice, the luckier I get.

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
1. I got more enjoyment out of the 2016 Cowboys season that ended in the
divisional loss to the Packers than I did the 1995 season that ended in the SBXXX win over the Steelers

2. Football is unwatchable unless you mute the TV at the beginning of every commercial break

3. The Patriots’ cheating was much more sophisticated and tech-savvy than any of the scandals that were addressed publicly. As a result it’s impossible to accurately rate Belichick and Brady either historically or against their contemporaries.

4. Sammy Baugh is one of the most underrated players of all time, and we’ll never see a player that dominant in all 3 phases of the game ever again (led the league in passing, punting, and interceptions) (ok that 2nd part isn’t that controversial)

5. Great defense is as exciting as great offense

6. The vantage point of the standard TV broadcast is an archaic remnant of an era before we had the technology to put cameras behind/above the QB. Watching a play unfold from a sideline view is a terribly unintuitive way to watch a game, and is one reason people from other countries and people who didn’t grow up playing football have a hard time understanding/enjoying the sport.

Within 2-3 years you’ll be able to toggle between the sideline view and an isometric/“Madden” view, and within 10 years the latter will become the default

7. Football is more fun to play, hockey is more fun to watch.

8. If Sean Payton was here the last 16 years instead of Wade/Garrett/McCarthy, Romo and Dak both have rings.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is a passing league.
Go back 50 years and the run to pass ratio is basically the same.
The rushing attack today is just as relevant as it was then.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2. Football is unwatchable unless you mute the TV at the beginning of every commercial break
Commercial break to me means switch to another game and see what's happening.

If it's a Sunday, it's Red Zone (no commercials) non-stop except for when the Cowboys are on.