Update: Dez Recovering Faster Than Expected

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
get out of here with that attitude!!

It's not attitude.
Just not going the delusional route on this.

Dez.... I say Dez.... Say it with me.....I am healed.....again..... I AM HEALED!!

benny-hinn.jpg

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If Dez is walking around w/o a boot to support the healing process...he is just dumb. Ask Kevin Durant how his foot healed...and how much longer it took to heal because he pushed trying to get back too soon.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Dez's muscles produce greater force than mine do.

Where can I get some of Dez's magic muscles?

The fact of the matter is...every body heals differently...in some cases drastically differently.

There are many many examples all over the world around us to corroborate this fact.

My Cousin Vinny....great movie.

Maybe they have the world's best bone stimulator on hand. Actually, you want to put weight on the area as soon as possible to help facilitate repair. Weight-bearing exercises are good for increasing bone mass. If he can endure the pain of walking on the injured area, then it is likely a plus going forward. The induced micro-motion of the bone stimulator and weight-bearing exercise should theoretically increase the chances of an enhanced healing response. How much? We should have the answer before too long.

windjc

Reaction score
Maybe they have the world's best bone stimulator on hand. Actually, you want to put weight on the area as soon as possible to help facilitate repair. Weight-bearing exercises are good for increasing bone mass. If he can endure the pain of walking on the injured area, then it is likely a plus going forward. The induced micro-motion of the bone stimulator and weight-bearing exercise should theoretically increase the chances of an enhanced healing response. How much? We should have the answer before too long.

Fascinating. I was wondering this very thing regarding him walking around. What better way to stimulate blood flow.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

I take it you stayed @ a Holiday Inn...........

1fisher

Reaction score
At 9 days out, it would be concerning if he didn't have any sort of mobility and couldn't put any weight on it at all.

People with total knee and hip surgeries are able to start moving around and whatnot before day 9.

They are up the following day!

jrumann59

Reaction score
No, I dont think that some people's bones can heal significantly faster than other people's bones. Now, I agree with you about other muscle or internal type injuries. But bones is bones. Every doctor that posted about this injury said that there is a minimum amount of time it takes (6 weeks or so) for a bone to heal with enough strength.

The time frame for bones healing from doctors is pretty static. In other words MOST people fit into that time frame but there are always outliers. Not saying Dez is or isn't. walking on a broken foot is different than running, jumping, or cutting. The screw helps with the early parts of structural integrity.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Agreed. And I do not dispute that he can be back in 6 weeks. But the title of this thread "Dez healing faster than expected" is misleading. Just because he is walking today without a boot, means nothing about the 6 week minimum timeframe for a broken bone to heal.

The operative question is "Dez healing faster than WHO expected?"

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fascinating. I was wondering this very thing regarding him walking around. What better way to stimulate blood flow.

A reporter that was there said Dez removed the boot, walked through the area where the reporters are allowed in, then when he was in the trainers area someone was seen bringing his boot into that area for him to put back on. The reporter indicated that Dez did everything he could to draw attention to the fact the he was without the boot or any other bandaging front of the media.

It was basically a meaningless show by Dez that gives not indication how he is really progressing.

Junglist

Reaction score
I just hope Dez's return helps the offensive line in the run game, because so far, they have to be one of the worst units in that regard. It's really sad to see.