Update: Dez Recovering Faster Than Expected

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
A2_zps06b00183.gif

get out of here with that attitude!!

I can't tell you how happy I am that you brought the old sig back.
Still the most Metal thing I have seen on the interwebs in this era of softies and it brings me strength every time I see it.
The power of the sooperdebbil courses through me as we type...

Corso

Reaction score
In true Slayer fashion, I hoped you yelled SLAAAAAYER! when she guessed wrong.
One inch from her face.
And funny enough... she screamed "AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!" right back at me.

No wonder I married her.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I dont think that some people's bones can heal significantly faster than other people's bones. Now, I agree with you about other muscle or internal type injuries. But bones is bones. Every doctor that posted about this injury said that there is a minimum amount of time it takes (6 weeks or so) for a bone to heal with enough strength.

On the local TV station on the sports Sunday night, they had a Doctor on, that specialized in collarbones. Talking about Romo. This doctor said with his experience, it could heal in 6 to 8 weeks as normal healing process. So this means it can vary.
A younger person will heal faster than an older person. Bones, soft tissues, and at different rates.

He said Tony could come back in 6 weeks, or go 7, but after 6 weeks, a chance of refracture could be likely. But 8 weeks is no problem. Being his non throwing shoulder.

How does this compare to a broken bone in the foot, I can't say, but putting pressure on it,,cutting, running, different too. Guess it depends on the severity of the break as to the actual healing time.

I never had any broken bones to compare to with people I know that had them.
But I have had both Achilles operated on as well as other tendons, and ligaments, so I can go by that for soft tissue healing.

But I think Dez could be back sooner than most think. But I will go with the 4 to 6 weeks as original said for now.
Not getting hopes up on this, but never thought it would be longer than 6 weeks either.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport was also reporting he saw Romo working on the pommel horse and then later working the rings.

Looks like they should not have put Romo on IR.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't tell you how happy I am that you brought the old sig back.
Still the most Metal thing I have seen on the interwebs in this era of softies and it brings me strength every time I see it.
The power of the sooperdebbil courses through me as we type...

:thumbup:

Corso

Reaction score
Hulk and Macho Man on Coke was nice.

I want to vacuum right now!!!!
Why did I quit 12 years ago???!!!
I want to end every sentence with "YEAH!".

So whatcha gonna do YEAH?
When I don't know what I'm doing YEAH...
Even typing this YEAH!

The Superpowers YEAH!
Gonna run wild... You say it Brother!

I'm sayin... yeah... that the Superpowers... yeah are going to step to Ms Elizabeth... YEAH!
Uh...
Take it Mean Gene!

dfan32

Reaction score
i think the media took T.O words and twisted them. T.O contacted dallas to sell bryant his hyperbaric chamber lol

And tomorrow morning, all the news outlets will be carrying LIVE! Dez doing situps at the end of his driveway....in his boxers, with no boot!

marchetta

Reaction score
But, it hasn't been 10-12 weeks yet. :rolleyes: Rappaport, you got some splaining to do.

Corso

Reaction score
And tomorrow morning, all the news outlets will be carrying LIVE! Dez doing situps at the end of his driveway....in his boxers, with no boot!

Don't you do this to me.
You ain't right for that.
What's your name??? I'm going to remember you...