UPDATE: Garrett stays; promoted to Asst HC at $3mil/yr *Merge*

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
guys, i caught the tail end of news, abut so far on nfl network we keep garrett for one year, 2 million i think joe

Woods

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;1910867 said:
guys, i caught the tail end of news, abut so far on nfl network we keep garrett for one year, 2 million i think joe

Only for 1 year?

That's what nfl network is reporting?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
If this is true then he only is staying till a better team enters the mix for a hc job.:(

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
dmq;1910943 said:
If this is true then he only is staying till a better team enters the mix for a hc job.:(

Or he gets the Dallas job in 2009

Big Dakota

Reaction score
There's gonna be a Wade vs Jason showdown next year and in the mean time we have a lame duck HC, at least that's the way it looks.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I'll wait till the word comes from Jerry or Jason's mouth but 1 year or 2 years or what ever the contract you can bet that's how long Wade has.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This could get ugly with the players not respecting Wade as coach. Sort of like the Dave Campo situation when everyone knew that Parcells was waiting in the wings. The difference is that the Campo situation was late in the season. This soap opera will go on from now until the end of next season, however it ends.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1910985 said:
This could get ugly with the players not respecting Wade as coach. Sort of like the Dave Campo situation when everyone knew that Parcells was waiting in the wings. The difference is that the Campo situation was late in the season. This soap opera will go on from now until the end of next season, however it ends.
Hmmm...doubtful, considering that Wade is unusually well-liked by the players. And after getting the #1 seed in the NFC, it's not like he has no credibility.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Well, good news. Nice to have something positive happen after that mess last weekend.

Although, Mr Garrett's offense wasn't exactly stellar vs the Giants.

Guess we have another year to sort all of that out...

For now, this is good news.

dallasfan4evr

Reaction score
ESPN just said 3 mill a yr. No info on how many years. Maybe Jerry's plan is to insult Wade into resigning, then he makes Garrett HC. Not sure how I would feel if I'm the HC making 3 mill a yr, then one of my assistants are making the same money.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1910985 said:

I agree, this could make a mess of the front office. Wade is getting mixed signals, he isn't stupid, even before he took the job he knew Garrett was hired to be OC or HC. Jerry is playing a dangerous game here, he's basically hired two head coaches and one of them will not be with the team at the end of 2009.

Eddie

Reaction score
dallasfan4evr;1911032 said:
ESPN just said 3 mill a yr. No info on how many years. Maybe Jerry's plan is to insult Wade into resigning, then he makes Garrett HC. Not sure how I would feel if I'm the HC making 3 mill a yr, then one of my assistants are making the same money.

Well, that's no different from the real world ... work your tail off for 10 years making 3% annual raises, and then the company hires a kid out of college at the same money you make.

Typical.

PJDallasfan

Reaction score
Yeah, just saw on ESPN that they were reporting somewhere around $3 million a year and that he also now has the title of Asst. Head Coach.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I guess we will have to wait till the press conference to see what the terms are.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1910950 said:
There's gonna be a Wade vs Jason showdown next year and in the mean time we have a lame duck HC, at least that's the way it looks.

I don't look at it that way. It doesn't have to be one vs. the other. Everyone has their role on this team. We need both Wade and Jason. We need a mature and experience presence at head coach while needing a intelligent and aggressive person as OC. I don't mind Jason becoming the head coach one day but I would prefer Wade be the head coach next year because he has experience. I think it will only improve Jason Garrett has a potential head coach with another year as OC under his belt. Hopefully, Wade can get more of his guys on the defense instead of being forced to working with Parcells players.