UPDATE: Garrett stays; promoted to Asst HC at $3mil/yr *Merge*

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1911232 said:
Don't bet on it.

It's simple-- if Wade wins the Super Bowl next year, he keeps his job... Garrett or no Garrett...

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1912246 said:
It's simple-- if Wade wins the Super Bowl next year, he keeps his job... Garrett or no Garrett...

That's the only way.

cowboyed

Reaction score
rcaldw;1911357 said:
I like this move and I don't like it.

*I like it in that I think he retained his best option as the HC, but made him the assistant.
*I don't like it in that I think he retained his 2nd best option (Wade) as the HC.

We don't lose Garrett, but we, again, have a very strange situation at the top of the coaching chain.

Whether it has been Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey, or Dave Campo, whenever it is PERCEIVED that the HC isn't really very powerful, it hasn't worked out well.

Under the circumstances this is the best move and what are the options? Decisions in business and life don't reap one sided benefit in the absolute.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
silverbear;1912246 said:

I agree, unless we win the SB next year, Wade is good as gone.:starspin

Big Dakota

Reaction score
silverbear;1912246 said:

We win the SB next year, we could bring in Top and i wouldn't care.
carrot_top3.jpg

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1912642 said:
We win the SB next year, we could bring in Top and i wouldn't care.
carrot_top3.jpg

Only if they brought him in to coach special teams...

Kilyin

Reaction score
This deal seems a little Snyder-esque to me. Let's not try to emulate the Deadskins. They aren't exactly a model of success.

superpunk

Reaction score
Kilyin;1912925 said:
This deal seems a little Snyder-esque to me. Let's not try to emulate the Deadskins. They aren't exactly a model of success.

Not exactly apples to apples.

They were paying for assistants to come in - we're paying to retain our own people. In my eyes, that's pretty significant. It's not that we're going out mongering for coaches - Jerry's just trying to keep his good employees in house.

Kilyin

Reaction score
superpunk;1912934 said:
Not exactly apples to apples.

They were paying for assistants to come in - we're paying to retain our own people. In my eyes, that's pretty significant. It's not that we're going out mongering for coaches - Jerry's just trying to keep his good employees in house.

True enough, I was referring more to the dollar amount for a non HC. But who am I to tell Jerruh how to spend his cheese.