Updated: ***Cowboys Players Official Cut List***

davey999

Reaction score
arglebargle;4695070 said:
Because every other team hits on all their draft picks! Just not us!

Surprising choices, if true. Wonder where the Cowboys went long. Guess we'll find out whose injuries were really serious. Was also nice to see that they were willing to cut a ballyhooed UDFA who hadn't performed well enough (ie, Leary).

Not talking about other teams. Talking about this team.

Results are clear.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
erod;4695086 said:
Question: Why would we be cutting players right now with so much time left to do so? Especially guys like Coale, who a lot of teams had on their draft board and would pick up?

So the Cowboys are the only team in the league making cuts right now? Seems odd, even though I know we play first next week.

Seems fishy.

Because they are on the waiver wire for 24 hours, then can be signed to the practice squad. Other teams don't have to make their own cuts until Friday evening, and can't add any of our guys to their current rosters without also releasing someone.

It could be that the Cowboys are hoping to get their guys through waivers before other teams have room to claim them. It's a risk that I thought they might take.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
RS12;4695087 said:
They had Leary. Need a total of 22.

@drocksthaparty was dead wrong on good players like Lemon, Hamilton, and Coale. So they got one right out of the host they chose. I'm not impressed.

erod

Reaction score
The Emperor;4695090 said:
It didn't happen. It's all contrived. Here's what's real:

105.3 THE FAN announced five minutes ago that Clifton Geathers, Pat McQuistan, Daniel Loper, and Ronald Leary were cut.

What's our tally now? What number are we at?
Wow, could Montrae Holland re-enter the picture after week one? Has he signed yet?

They are obviously ready to comb the waiver wire for guards. The Leary failure had to disappoint them.

brickman

Reaction score

wittenacious

Reaction score
The Emperor;4695090 said:
It didn't happen. It's all contrived. Here's what's real:

105.3 THE FAN announced five minutes ago that Clifton Geathers, Pat McQuistan, Daniel Loper, and Ronald Leary were cut.

What's our tally now? What number are we at?
I see you talking to DC Blue Star on Twitter. She just added...

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2530242569/4qstwvqwkbsr7vvio443_normal.jpeg DC Blue Star @**********

CUTS CONFIRMED BY 105.3 THE FAN:
Harland Gunn

12:35 PM - 30 Aug 12 · Embed this Tweet

ferrispata

Reaction score
Gaede;4694982 said:
Wow, 3 major pet cats were released--Coale, Hamilton and Lemon.

I'm shocked, honestly. Wonder if we're going long at RB?

I am guessing yes. I would like the it to be Dunbar but Olewale has alot of versatility. And since Coale is gone, I am guessing Holmes made it?

Zordon

Reaction score
The Emperor;4695096 said:
@drocksthaparty was dead wrong on good players like Lemon, Hamilton, and Coale. So they got one right out of the host they chose. I'm not impressed.
what does this mean emp?

RS12

Reaction score
The Emperor;4695096 said:

There is plenty of time for them to get the other three, none of whom would be a shock.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
brickman;4695098 said:
Cowboys | Set to release Shaun Chapas
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:39:26 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys are set to release FB Shaun Chapas as they prepare to get to the final roster of 53. The move comes as a surprise because of the role Chapas can play on special teams, which could play a role in Chapas landing with a new team.
0 Comments | Source: ESPNDallas.com - Todd Archer

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz253nxLqGe

Sorry, but if Archer was surprised that Chapas was being waived, he knows even less about evaluating talent than I thought.

davey999

Reaction score
ferrispata;4695100 said:
I am guessing yes. I would like the it to be Dunbar but Olewale has alot of versatility. And since Coale is gone, I am guessing Holmes made it?

These types of RB's are a dime a dozen. Lemon should be kept.

Zordon

Reaction score
so i guess we're going deep at rb and wr. holmes doesn't deserve to be on this team.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
wittenacious;4695099 said:
I see you talking to DC Blue Star on Twitter. She just added...

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2530242569/4qstwvqwkbsr7vvio443_normal.jpeg DC Blue Star ‏@**********

CUTS CONFIRMED BY 105.3 THE FAN: Harland Gunn

12:35 PM - 30 Aug 12 · Embed this Tweet

Looks like those of us expecting them to only carry 8 OL for week 1 might have been right after all. With the cuts that have been confirmed, it looks like they'll keep the starting 5 plus Arkin, Parnell, and Dockery. Can't see Adams or Novikoff making the roster, and everyone else is now gone...at least for a week.

JBS

Reaction score
I knew this would happen

Lol @ the stir this is going to cause

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Wulfman;4695095 said:
Because they are on the waiver wire for 24 hours, then can be signed to the practice squad. Other teams don't have to make their own cuts until Friday evening, and can't add any of our guys to their current rosters without also releasing someone.

It could be that the Cowboys are hoping to get their guys through waivers before other teams have room to claim them. It's a risk that I thought they might take.

I was thinking about this as well. At first I thought it may be an advantage to the other teams because they can make their final 53 with our cuts in mind if they want one but then I thought that they may be reluctant because they might not know if they were granted the player in time. Therefore, teams may decide to go with their player instead of picking one of ours up if it means cutting their player before finding out if they get ours.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
erod;4695097 said:
Wow, could Montrae Holland re-enter the picture after week one? Has he signed yet?

They are obviously ready to comb the waiver wire for guards. The Leary failure had to disappoint them.

But I thought Leary was a potential 3rd round pick before the knee. I think this pre-season showed otherwise. The reason he was undrafted had nothing to do with his knee.