Twitter: Updated DPOY odds per MGM

J-man

Reaction score
Watt has been injured too much. If anyone wins it besides Parsons or Diggs it will be Miles Garrett.

If Parsons breaks the sacks record the crown is his, end of story. But if he is just ave these next 2 games and Diggs gets 1 or 2 more, or a pick 6 he has a legit shot at it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Watts has DPOY all wrapped up. Micah is just going to have to be happy with DROY.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Steelers and Browns are fading teams and Cowboys may have incentive to play everyone through the last game if our #1 spot odds are looking good. Fortune favoring our Boys! :flagwave:

Reactions: BAT

Nexx

Reaction score
when you have two candidates for DPOY and they are on the number one defense in the NFL and a high seed playoff team, you lean towards those two.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Watt is a stud and 17.5 sacks is crazy but his team is .500 and in 3rd place in the division.
Last week in an important game for them the Steelers gave up 36 points.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
LOLLLL at T.J. Watt being the front-runner.

I knew it.
:laugh:

In 2008, When DeMarcus Ware had 20 sacks and outplayed James Harrison, the excuse for why Harrison easily won DPOY was, “Well, Ware’s team isn’t very good and the Steelers D is also ranked higher than the Cowboys D!”

(Never mind the fact that Drew Brees won OPOY and the Saints had the same 8-8 record we did... the new standard for DPOY is that team success counts!!! But it doesn’t apply to OPOY for some reason!!!)

Earlier this season, someone here created a thread about the DPOY award. I brought up the 2008 season and concluded that they will NOT give the award to a Dallas Cowboy unless they absolutely have to.

Fast forward to 2021... and now T.J. Watt is the favorite... because even though the Steelers are .500 (like 2008 Ware’s team was), and even though the Steelers D is inferior to ours, WATT HAS THE MOST SACKS SO HE’S DPOY!!!

So, so predictable.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Agree to a point but it wasn't that simple. Harrison played one less game, had one more FF and also had an int.

Micah is not going to catch Watt in sacks. His best chance is to add a sack or two us an int. A pick 6 would be even better.

Playing Parsons only as a rusher for any reason (especially for an individual award) would be moronic.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
From a tactical perspective this just doesn’t make any sense. Straight Xs and Os - how do you suppose Quinn should do this?
Thanks... some of the comments are crazy... dude is a lb... he has to cover in some schemes or you make the defense one dimensional

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Micah's case just keeps getting better and better.

plasticman

Reaction score
Two Cowboys competing for the same award means neither will win individually..

Not only are they splitting some votes but a common perception is, how can they be so valuable? If one is gone, they still have the other. Also, are they not contributing to each other's success?

If the 2nd place and 3rd place candidates are on the same team then the right thing to do is put them together over the 1st place candidate and give them Co-DPOY.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Two Cowboys competing for the same award means neither will win individually..

Not only are they splitting some votes but a common perception is, how can they be so valuable? If one is gone, they still have the other. Also, are they not contributing to each other's success?

If the 2nd place and 3rd place candidates are on the same team then the right thing to do is put them together over the 1st place candidate and give them Co-DPOY.

That doesn't make sense. If your premise is true then you have 1 standout guy vs. two who you say contribute to each other's success. Isn't the 1 guy that much more valuable having to do it all himself? Why not have Watt plus Cam Heyward be a candidate also?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
LOLLLL at T.J. Watt being the front-runner.

I knew it.
:laugh:

In 2008, When DeMarcus Ware had 20 sacks and outplayed James Harrison, the excuse for why Harrison easily won DPOY was, “Well, Ware’s team isn’t very good and the Steelers D is also ranked higher than the Cowboys D!”

(Never mind the fact that Drew Brees won OPOY and the Saints had the same 8-8 record we did... the new standard for DPOY is that team success counts!!! But it doesn’t apply to OPOY for some reason!!!)

Earlier this season, someone here created a thread about the DPOY award. I brought up the 2008 season and concluded that they will NOT give the award to a Dallas Cowboy unless they absolutely have to.

Fast forward to 2021... and now T.J. Watt is the favorite... because even though the Steelers are .500 (like 2008 Ware’s team was), and even though the Steelers D is inferior to ours, WATT HAS THE MOST SACKS SO HE’S DPOY!!!

So, so predictable.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I hear you on that one. And if we are going pure stats, hard to not take Diggs. It's not uncommon for DEs to have 15-20 sacks in a season. It's extremely uncommon for DBs to have 11+. It's only happened a handful of times in the 1980s. Prior to that, it mostly happened in the 1950s. Not only has Diggs gotten the most INTs in decades, but the Dallas pass defense is ranked #1 overall according to several sites. Personally, I think Parsons is the better overall player (although I think Aaron Donald is better than Parsons). But if we're combining stats plus team performance, hard not to take Diggs. If they give it to Watt, then they might as well just make it the "most sacks" award.

817Gill

Reaction score
Some of y'all...do we care about stats or effectiveness?

I get it, watching him rush the passer and get 2 sacks is awesome

But some of his plays where he nullifies a swing pass that would have gone for 10-15 yards don't show up on the stat sheet
Yeah I’m surprised at all the respectable posters who want him to chase an award more than they want him to be used like a chess piece. Dude should be used all over the field not just as a pass rusher.

One poster made a thread that he should be used solely as a DE and we all clowned him. Now we want him to be used solely as a DE so he wins an award? Don’t get it.