Twitter: Updated DPOY odds per MGM

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Pretty impressive that the Cowboys have a rookie and a second year player and in the running for DPOY. This defense is going to be good for years which gives the Cowboys more chances at winning a super bowl.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I don’t see how Watt is in the conversation ahead of Micah. If it’s close you give it to the younger player.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The League isn’t giving Micah the DROY and DPOY. He’s just getting DROY.

Same with Dak. He won’t get CPOY and WP Award. It will just be the CPOY.

These are just my thoughts after seeing how the League loves to spread awards around to make fans feel good instead of being objective.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Both Watt and Parsons have been deserving.

We've all marveled at Parsons and know he's a monster.

If anyone has seen the Steelers this year, with and without Watt....well his value to them is almost immeasurable.
As they said...7-2 with him, no wins without him.

Thomas82

Reaction score
There’s pass rushers who do what Watt is doing every year. Parsons on the other hand, never seen before. If he wasn’t a rookie, this wouldn’t even be a debate. Diggs and Paraons should be the clear-cut front runners.

Well said.

DZSierra

Reaction score
The League isn’t giving Micah the DROY and DPOY. He’s just getting DROY.

Same with Dak. He won’t get CPOY and WP Award. It will just be the CPOY.

These are just my thoughts after seeing how the League loves to spread awards around to make fans feel good instead of being objective.

Someone else mentioned it before, the "League" isn't giving anyone anything when it comes to the DPOY and DROY.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press_NFL_Defensive_Player_of_the_Year_Award

Like trying to say who is number 1 in college football until there was some sort of resemblance of a playoff system, anything could be open to debate.

End of day, just for #11 to be in the running for DPOY (and a good shot at it to boot) when it's assumed he's a lock for DROY, I would consider an honor itself.

If #11 has two good games like he has had in the past, given what he's brought to the team and the impact he has had, I'd find it hard to believe he won't get both awards.

#11 really seems like he can do anything on the field. Since I don't live anywhere near Texas and get any local feeds, I just can't help but wonder what positions they've played him at just to see what he can't do LOL

Last edited:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He needs Quinn to play him going forward from here on out. No more of that pure drop-back linebacker stuff like we saw against the Giants. It's a waste of the player and his abilities to limit him like that.
We held the Giants to barely 300 yards, 6 points, took the ball away 4 times, allowed them to run one play in the red zone in the first 58 minutes, and you think Quinn deployed the defense incorrectly in that game. Okay.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We held the Giants to barely 300 yards, 6 points, took the ball away 4 times, allowed them to run one play in the red zone in the first 58 minutes, and you think Quinn deployed the defense incorrectly in that game. Okay.

Show me where I said ‘Quinn deployed the defense incorrectly’ Strawman.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Show me where I said ‘Quinn deployed the defense incorrectly’ Strawman.
You said he “wasted” one of our best defensive players with how he deployed him in that game. Not sure how you could have been clearer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said he “wasted” one of our best defensive players with how he deployed him in that game. Not sure how you could have been clearer.

My comment was specific to Parsons. I hope that clears it up for you since you couldn’t read it the first time.

:thumbup:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My comment was specific to Parsons. I hope that clears it up for you since you couldn’t read it the first time.

:thumbup:
So let me get this straight then. You’re saying:
1. Quinn deployed Parsons incorrectly in that game, and that was a bad thing and he shouldn’t do it again.
2. Quinn deployed the defense correctly in that game.

I have no idea how you reconcile those two thoughts in your head, unless you think Parsons is completely irrelevant to the defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So let me get this straight then. You’re saying:
1. Quinn deployed Parsons incorrectly in that game, and that was a bad thing and he shouldn’t do it again.
2. Quinn deployed the defense correctly in that game.

I have no idea how you reconcile those two thoughts in your head, unless you think Parsons is completely irrelevant to the defense.

It’s because I’m intelligent enough to separate the two things. I don’t have to deal in absolutes like a simpleton does. I can see details. I hope this finally clears things up for you.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s because I’m intelligent enough to separate the two things. I don’t have to deal in absolutes like a simpleton does. I can see details. I hope this finally clears things up for you.
Sure does. You don’t have a response so you fall back on personal attacks, got it.