Upgrade the quarterback position and all our problems with the offensive line are solved

FiveTime

Reaction score
Yes, I agree a healthy Romo would have made the offense much better. Dak is never going to be the passer that Tony was. I'll give Dak some more time to prove he can lead the team...it will have to be a different style of performance than Tony but I think Dak can be a winner.

tm1119

Reaction score
See the Browns when they got their 1st win...
Tyrod was getting killed in the pocket and running for his life. All of a sudden Baker comes in and the Browns offense looks like a well oiled machine. Happens all the time
The QB needs to bring more to the field than just throwing the ball. I don’t think Dak I’d doing that

Ken

Reaction score
The offensive line isn't exactly amazing right now, but that's partially due to the fact that defenses are sending 8 or 9 rushers each time. No line can survive that. Dak has install fear in defensive coordinators every time they blitz him. If he's not the guy, we have to draft one.

-Martin is not the problem

-Collins is not the problem

-Tyron Smith is not the problem

-The rookie at guard is not the problem.

These guys didn't suddenly wake up one day and forgot to play their position. Their job is just harder with Prescott as the trigger man.
But Prescott forgot how to play his position huh?

I suggest going through my last post on each play and see how many times the line didn't do their job.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo would win Super Bowls with this offensive line.

Romo didn't always play with bad OLs. He had a line with 3 pro bowlers, )Flozell, Gurode and Leonard Davis. He also had a line with Smith, Fredrich, the guy that went to Denver and Martin. He won one playoff game.

And if you go back in this forum, the same hateful, trashing threads were being made about Romo. Remember the win and you're in fiasco's. That's why I don't blame the QB in this mess, I blame the one constant, Garrett! He is not a head coach that will take you to the top. His arrogance will never allow it. He always has to be the smartest man in the room, and it's his way and only his way.

Drew Brees career would have been mediocre under Garrett!

Reaction score
He has terrible pocket awareness. Of all his flaws that one is glaring to me
Prescott is seeing ghosts out there when he is back to throw.

And the coaches can't coach him out of it.

Everything has seized up on the offensive side of the ball. And the only answer Garrett has is that they have to do better.

Everything has to be thrown out.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know how you upgrade the QB position... And I'm not be a wise-guy... I'm just not sure how it's going to come about unless this team loses a whole-lotta games this year and even that isn't necessarily a gimme to improving the position.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
What if...

We are 1-4, Dak is playing like crap and gets hurt. Rush or White come in and wins 6 out of 8 of our last games.

Do you draft Justin Herbert next year?

T-RO

Reaction score
If I had the option of replacing Prescott or Garrett. First and foremost it's Garrett. I'd like to see another QB, but coaching definitely needs an upgrade before that happens.

The current coaching posted top five offenses in 2014 and 2016. We were also a top offense for the first half of last season! I’m fine with changing coaching, but that’s not the core issue. QB reads, confidence, accuracy are. Dak has lost his mojo.

It’s such an emotional twitch point for so many fans here to blame the coaching. It becomes a religious cause.

Are they the best coaches? No. Might we do better? Maybe. But geesh it’s over the top.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Dak was missing throws while getting good protection with time, I would be right there with you guys whining about having him replaced. But he's not (in bold up above).

Fix the pass protection from the Oline. That is the #1 problem. Give Dak adequate and consistent time of pass protection, and everyone will see a much better passing performance. Problem solved.

You see, it's not that hard to take a few minutes, properly evaluate and figure out how to fix the current passing woes. Sure beats having to read dumb simpleton WAAAH comments over and over.

Sheesh.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Romo didn't always play with bad OLs. He had a line with 3 pro bowlers, )Flozell, Gurode and Leonard Davis. He also had a line with Smith, Fredrich, the guy that went to Denver and Martin. He won one playoff game.

And if you go back in this forum, the same hateful, trashing threads were being made about Romo. Remember the win and you're in fiasco's. That's why I don't blame the QB in this mess, I blame the one constant, Garrett! He is not a head coach that will take you to the top. His arrogance will never allow it. He always has to be the smartest man in the room, and it's his way and only his way.

Drew Brees career would have been mediocre under Garrett!

Romo made Garrett look like a great coach. Dak makes Garrett look like steaming diahrrea. Don't try to deny it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The offensive line isn't exactly amazing right now, but that's partially due to the fact that defenses are sending 8 or 9 rushers each time. No line can survive that. Dak has install fear in defensive coordinators every time they blitz him. If he's not the guy, we have to draft one.

-Martin is not the problem

-Collins is not the problem

-Tyron Smith is not the problem

-The rookie at guard is not the problem.

These guys didn't suddenly wake up one day and forgot to play their position. Their job is just harder with Prescott as the trigger man.

Wrong. The OL isn't protecting Dak, and the run game has been up and down. TSmith, Collins, the rookie, the backup center and Martin are the problem. You are a Romo fan, duh, of course you hate Dak.

Big_D

Reaction score
The current coaching posted top five offenses in 2014 and 2016. We were also a top offense for the first half of last season! I’m fine with changing coaching, but that’s not the core issue. QB reads, confidence, accuracy are. Dak has lost his mojo.

It’s such an emotional twitch point for so many fans here to blame the coaching. It becomes a religious cause.

Are they the best coaches? No. Might we do better? Maybe. But geesh it’s over the top.

I think the refusal to see it is over the top. Seasons that ended in the usual disappointment only strengthens the case. Like a loss with home field is an accomplishment. If your good enough to win 13 games you should be good enough to win playoff games. But it's always a different excuse except coaching? Year nine and some still don't see an issue? And they look horrendous in their current state. But the coaching's fine. lol Who will it be? the QB? OC? last year it was Dez. Can we run off the list of scapegoats. Every year it's anyone but Garrett. It's ridiculous and sad.