News: USAToday: Raiders odds-on favorite as potential trade destination for QB Russell Wilson

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They won't cut him but they will trade him. He used the wife wants to go to NY when he did the last deal to apply some pressure and it worked.

He's the NFL Man of the Year and calling his team and teammates out. This is not a good look for the NFL or Wilson.

Carrol likes to run the ball. Jackson likes to run the ball. That should trade QB's.

Or maybe the Giants want to trade Jones for him? Barkley and Jones for Wilson?

I don't buy it but I guess we'll see what happens.

Reactions: CWR

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's all relative.

For example, the odds are better that I can hold my breath underwater for 1 hour than it is 3 hours.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't buy it but I guess we'll see what happens.
Why would Wilson make a play like that? Why would any QB do that?

Romo didn't do that after his GM said he was the only QB that could play behind that line. Romo did the smart thing and let his agent do his talking.

Something really strange about SEA players. First we get Lynch that won't talk, then we get Sherman that won't shut up. Then we get Thomas openly selling himself to a team they just defeated and then flipping off his coaching staff. Now we get the NFL MotY QB calling his team out.

All of these 30M QB's in these bad team marriages, it saddens me so.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Your Wilson and you can select where you want to go, Dallas or Raiders who are you going to choose?

Neither.

A couple of family-run, has-been franchises from the 20th century are two of the worst options out there if you actually want to compete for championships.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Russell Wilson is not leaving Seattle. They will end up drafting three offensive linemen to keep him., I bet.

I believe Seattle has drafted 15 OL in the first three rounds in the past 9 years Wilson has been in Seattle. I think it was 15 and included 3 1st rounders.

I agree Seattle is now forced into drafting OL to appease Wilson. If they miss reaching for an OL over a BPA defensive player, it is a double whammy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wilson was worst than Dak at 27. Hes on the wrong side of 32. He has this perception of being all world but look at his numbers late in the season and in the post season.
:lmao2: Wilson was and is elite, better then Dak RIGHT NOW..period put him behind our OL when helathy add our WRs and EE and Pollard he would luv that scenario. I like dak but stop the downgrades to potential options to replace him by putting them down..Id take rogers or wilson right now with our 6th and Dak in trade..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I believe Seattle has drafted 15 OL in the first three rounds in the past 9 years Wilson has been in Seattle. I think it was 15 and included 3 1st rounders.

I agree Seattle is now forced into drafting OL to appease Wilson. If they miss reaching for an OL over a BPA defensive player, it is a double whammy.
just because they were drafted doesnt make them good..hes one of the most sacked and chased QVB in the league, takes the most hits..they need OL , period..they arent a good drafting team look at all the FAS they overpay to bring in and dont have much of Run game either..im not saying trade Wilson but they better make him a bit more happy..

He most likely not wanting a trade but threaten it to get the FO attention before FA and the Draft.

CWR

Reaction score
Wilson is superior to both. Honestly I would give up dak for Wilson, but Watson just feels like a lateral move. Doesn’t make sense to give up additional draft capital for him, when you could just pay dak a little extra cash.
:hammer:

CWR

Reaction score
Why would Wilson make a play like that? Why would any QB do that?

Romo didn't do that after his GM said he was the only QB that could play behind that line. Romo did the smart thing and let his agent do his talking.

Something really strange about SEA players. First we get Lynch that won't talk, then we get Sherman that won't shut up. Then we get Thomas openly selling himself to a team they just defeated and then flipping off his coaching staff. Now we get the NFL MotY QB calling his team out.

All of these 30M QB's in these bad team marriages, it saddens me so.

I dont get it either. Everything I've seen on Wilson he seems to be a pretty high character guy as well.

One thing I'll say for sure is Seattle gave us every opportunity to win that last playoff game against them. They kept running the ball and consequently keeping it out of Wilson's hands. I believe they had the number one rushing offense that year, but it still seemed ridiculous to watch. I wasn't complaining, just couldn't believe they were keeping the leash on Wilson. They have tried to be a running team and that's all well and good, but when you have a stud like Wilson back there you've got to think twice about that strategy.

CWR

Reaction score
It's all relative.

For example, the odds are better that I can hold my breath underwater for 1 hour than it is 3 hours.

I dont know, 0% vs 0% seems pretty even to me. Lol

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Wilson is a guy that you just don't trade.

He is level above Watson and Prescott, and blows away the idea of having Stafford IMO.

Raiders couldn't give Seattle enough to make this make any sense from any angle.

I'm guessing that Hawks want to free up some cap cash.

RW making 31+ million per year.

Also, hes nearing the end of his career.

The sooner they trade him, the sooner they can start the rebuild.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't believe that Wilson is going to go anywhere, Seattle will not allow that. But, if by some off chance that this did happen, this would tell a lot about what teams are thinking about the QB market. It would be very telling, IMO.

They can out his contract after 2021,

That's 31 million per year they can free up for signing new players.

Draft a new QB and you are good for 4-5 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
I dont get it either. Everything I've seen on Wilson he seems to be a pretty high character guy as well.

One thing I'll say for sure is Seattle gave us every opportunity to win that last playoff game against them. They kept running the ball and consequently keeping it out of Wilson's hands. I believe they had the number one rushing offense that year, but it still seemed ridiculous to watch. I wasn't complaining, just couldn't believe they were keeping the leash on Wilson. They have tried to be a running team and that's all well and good, but when you have a stud like Wilson back there you've got to think twice about that strategy.
Problem is, at Wilson's height, he cannot step up into the pocket. Changes everything you do on O.

Praxit

Reaction score
..wow..!! I thought Russ was going to cook in Seattle forever. I guess they want a new chef. ;)..