News: USAToday: Raiders odds-on favorite as potential trade destination for QB Russell Wilson

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes, really. No, they cannot. Here and there, but not consistently. The height disadvantage must be made up for in some way. Deep drops and deeper throws is how Wilson does it. If he consistently stepped up in the pocket as you are suggesting, how are you thinking he's going to be able to see? Defy the laws of physics?
Kyler Murray does it, unless I am mistaken. And he is shorter than Wilson no?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have a feeling he's going to end up on the Jets. Based only on the new coach who's had to play against him for years, and has a ton of draft capital to spend and a gaping hole at QB. AND supposedly Wilson's wife wants to be in NY..

KB1122

Reaction score
How would you like to be a Rams fan and you gave up a bunch of draft picks for freaking Matt Stafford, and now Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers might be available?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Or get lucky as they did picking Wilson.

Honestly, I don't really see it as getting lucky. I see it as accepting what most other NFL teams would not. I loved Wilson coming out of Wisconsin. I had watched him at NCSt. and I loved the guy. I wanted us to draft him but rather then resign Romo (sound familiar?), everbody thought I was stupid. I just think Seattle was paying attention and the rest of the league was not. They were still hung up on his height.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kyler Murray does it, unless I am mistaken. And he is shorter than Wilson no?
Murray is a different cat. He freezes a D because of his speed. In that regard he's like Jackson but he's a far better passer.

What is most interesting is what Mahomes, Murray and Wilson have in common from baseball. They all 3 have that flick and I've watched defenders surprised the ball is coming past them. They are the only 3 I've seen that have that same throw. Stafford can flick it sidearm but he needs more of a windup.

Murray is that guy that if he could get a team around him, he'd give Mahomes a run for his money...literally. I think he's faster than vick was.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does he? Don't watch him.
He's as much fun to watch as Mahomes and the same kind of player. Only he's lightning fast and can make some Barry Sanders moves. But if they ever get a good shot at him, he's going down for the count. He's built like a gymnast.