Using a ‘93 game plan in 2019

ESisback

Reaction score
The bs about the Rams using some 2019 version of offense vs the cowboys 1993 version. That BS.

Well first off, I didn’t foist that notion on anyone, although it sounds like a reasonable THEORY. The Rams ARE a progressive, smart, fast, changeable offense, while the Cowboys run a simple style similar to their 90’s teams. Other teams DO seem to adjust better, as well as figure Dallas out.

Dre11

Reaction score
Well first off, I didn’t foist that notion on anyone, although it sounds like a reasonable THEORY. The Rams ARE a progressive, smart, fast, changeable offense, while the Cowboys run a simple style similar to their 90’s teams. Other teams DO seem to adjust better, as well as figure Dallas out.

First off I didn't say you did. Second, that's exactly what the Rams ran vs us, a simple style similar to the 90's team, that's not theory, thats what they ran.

ESisback

Reaction score
First off I didn't say you did. Second, that's exactly what the Rams ran vs us, a simple style similar to the 90's team, that's not theory, thats what they ran.

IMO, our offensive playcalling was flawed and predictable. On defense they ran too much 4-2-5.

Dre11

Reaction score
IMO, our offensive playcalling was flawed and predictable. On defense they ran too much 4-2-5.

Our offense was what we did to go 7-1. The Rams D wasn't as good as the Seahawks, a better defensive showing who knows what may happen

ESisback

Reaction score
Our offense was what we did to go 7-1. The Rams D wasn't as good as the Seahawks, a better defensive showing who knows what may happen

But our offensive in THIS game was flawed and predictable! Running Zeke into the backs of a replacement center and an undersized rookie LG against Donald and Suh on 4th and 1 was predictablely dumb. Playing what appeared to be a prevent defense was predictably dumb. We also didn’t seem to make any adjustments. That’s just my opinion.

ArtClink

Reaction score
We are also stuck with a front office that lets the "good old boys" learn on the job so Jerry can hire all his buddies and former players. We are not allowed to have a credentialed head coach or offensive coordinator, or a legitimate QB coach. Nope, we are stuck with the good old boy network where entitled, unqualified baffoons get the opportunity of a lifetime with having to have any qualifications for the job. Would ANY NFL team hire Garrett as their hc or off coordinator? Would anyone hire Kellen "Spud" Moore as their QB coach? Of course not.

The chiefs have an innovative offensive coordinator, Eric Bieniemy who would bring our offensive forward 20 years. But he is not in Jerry's good old boy network so we are stuck in a system where both players AND coaches learn on the job as the seasons go by, winning be damned.

I will give this FO credit for building the roster and getting us to a div playoff game. But my frustration is that Rams's game was soooooo winnable!! But as Hazey said, we have a 1993 offense and no ability to make changes on the fly or devise a game plan that defies our tendencies.

Dak is a developing QB so why can't we get a QB whisperer instead of Moore?

I would like to see the Cowboys actually win a division-round playoff game for the first time in 24 years. In my mid 50s', it appears that it will be a photo finish to see if I live long enough to see that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Still waiting for this "90's playbook" everyone here has a copy of.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are also stuck with a front office that lets the "good old boys" learn on the job so Jerry can hire all his buddies and former players. We are not allowed to have a credentialed head coach or offensive coordinator, or a legitimate QB coach. Nope, we are stuck with the good old boy network where entitled, unqualified baffoons get the opportunity of a lifetime with having to have any qualifications for the job. Would ANY NFL team hire Garrett as their hc or off coordinator? Would anyone hire Kellen "Spud" Moore as their QB coach? Of course not.

The chiefs have an innovative offensive coordinator, Eric Bieniemy who would bring our offensive forward 20 years. But he is not in Jerry's good old boy network so we are stuck in a system where both players AND coaches learn on the job as the seasons go by, winning be damned.

I will give this FO credit for building the roster and getting us to a div playoff game. But my frustration is that Rams's game was soooooo winnable!! But as Hazey said, we have a 1993 offense and no ability to make changes on the fly or devise a game plan that defies our tendencies.

Dak is a developing QB so why can't we get a QB whisperer instead of Moore?

I would like to see the Cowboys actually win a division-round playoff game for the first time in 24 years. In my mid 50s', it appears that it will be a photo finish to see if I live long enough to see that.
Art, as far as seeing a divisional round play win in your lifetime, the ‘Boys better hurry. You pic shows a rapidly receding hairline, LOL!

Dre11

Reaction score
But our offensive in THIS game was flawed and predictable! Running Zeke into the backs of a replacement center and an undersized rookie LG against Donald and Suh on 4th and 1 was predictablely dumb. Playing what appeared to be a prevent defense was predictably dumb. We also didn’t seem to make any adjustments. That’s just my opinion.

Running Zeke has been a winning formula for all those of our wins during the comeback. We win at a crazy high clip when Zeke carries the ball 20 or more times, he's our best player, actually our undersized rookie held his own Vs Donald and the same play worked on 4th and 1 earlier. They weren't playing prevent...lol the DLine was getting whipped. No adjustment? they pulled to within one possession in the second half. I guess you think the Rams let us get that close?

Dre11

Reaction score
That was a pleasant surprise but pretty much our standard game plan .

Lol....you're funny, they found a way to completely eliminate Thomas and Kamara something that nobody else could. Standard game Plan? ....lol

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
He manages games instead of leading them. He plays “not to lose” instead of playing to win. He seems more worried about losing than determined to win. He looks at crossroads situations more like “how can we safely manage this situation?” instead of “how can we take advantage of this situation?”

In short, Garrett is a manager, not a leader.
I don't know about being either a manager or a leader but I just don't think he is always on the same level as some of these other coaches in this league. I don't usually say anything negative about Jason but I think in this instance maybe you are right. I still like him regardless. I think he is a good coach but the question is, will he ever be a great coach?...or even really good?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Lol....you're funny, they found a way to completely eliminate Thomas and Kamara something that nobody else could. Standard game Plan? ....lol
yep standard game plan possess the ball control the clock keep there offense off the field . We had the ball for 14 more min than they did, hard to get anybody going when they are on the sideline

Dre11

Reaction score
yep standard game plan possess the ball control the clock keep there offense off the field . We had the ball for 14 more min than they did, hard to get anybody going when they are on the sideline

Lol...you'd be amaze of how many gameplan around the league is centered around controlling the clock and keeping another teams offense of the field...lol