Value Picks Round 4

Gaede

Reaction score
Guys Broaddus Likes For Cowboys On Day 3 (not just the 4th)

Louisiana Tech S Xavier Woods
Iowa CB Desmond King
Ohio LB Blair Brown
Michigan TE Jake Butt
San Diego State RB D.J. Pumphrey
Tennessee WR Josh Malone
Colorado S Tedric Thompson
Bucknell OT Julie’n Davenport
Pittsburgh QB Nathan Peterman
I like that list

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Josh Malone and Bug Howard, WR's.
Stevie Tu'lkolovatuu and Chunky Clements, DT.
Jadar Johnson and Tedric Thompson, S
Hunter Dimick, DE
Zach Banner, RT/G
Nate Hairston, CB
TJ Logan, RB

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Lookit... if we draft Desmond King, I'm going to be too excited about this draft to type.

Seriously, the cost of moving up in the 4th is minimal compared to the first 3 rounds. If they like King (or anyone) that much, it wouldn't take a whole lot to go up and get him.

King has the demeanor, ball skills, competitiveness and toughness that the team is searching for. He can play S or CB and would be a much, much better player than Blanton IMO. I don't think there's anything wrong with Blanton... but King is really a nice player. Really, really nice (been a fav of mine this whole pre draft process).

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Don't sleep on Damontrae Kazee either. I really like that guy and I think the team does too. I'm not sure they'd take him after Awuzie and Lewis but he's the best ball hawk of those 3.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lookit... if we draft Desmond King, I'm going to be too excited about this draft to type.

Seriously, the cost of moving up in the 4th is minimal compared to the first 3 rounds. If they like King (or anyone) that much, it wouldn't take a whole lot to go up and get him.

King has the demeanor, ball skills, competitiveness and toughness that the team is searching for. He can play S or CB and would be a much, much better player than Blanton IMO. I don't think there's anything wrong with Blanton... but King is really a nice player. Really, really nice (been a fav of mine this whole pre draft process).

This time, Jerry...make it happen AND reach.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I also would seriously consider Perine. I know, I know... a RB.

Still, he's a monster coming at you almost as much as Zeke and he would spell Elliott for both of their first contracts (next 4 years). The guy has way, way better instincts than Foreman and runs harder. His vision is good, his toughness and strength are great and I have loved watching that guy play for a couple of years now.

A backup RB for a 4th round pick? Yeah, I'd do it if King and a few others are gone. Of course, Perine may go early too. Just don't want to see him in the East if we don't get him.

jday

Reaction score
Umm, or you add to your core, build on strengths etc. It's great that we are patching the holes, but that's status quo. If we add more than we lost I'd be even more thrilled. Better?
That's not necessarily true. To say we filled the holes assumes we can expect the same production. It could be better or worse (odds would say worse), but very doubtful to be the same. Who knows...maybe these guys are better suited for what the Cowboys want to do. It could be a significant improvement.

Kaiser

Reaction score

King or Woods are the guys I want at this pick but it looks like they are following the Will McClay plan of letting it come to them. There were several trades right after the Taco pick, the old Jerry would have traded down a few spots while hoping Taco was still on the board. The new strategy is to sit tight and let it come to you.

Though I do think they trade a 2018 4th for a 5th this year, just because of the comp picks next year and depth this year.

Proof

Reaction score
That's not necessarily true. To say we filled the holes assumes we can expect the same production. It could be better or worse (odds would say worse), but very doubtful to be the same. Who knows...maybe these guys are better suited for what the Cowboys want to do. It could be a significant improvement.

Indeed. It's more player for player. Which is why I said even if they're upgrades (which I assume them to be). We lost two cbs and two safeties, I was just saying I'd like to continue stocking the cabinet.

jday

Reaction score
Indeed. It's more player for player. Which is why I said even if they're upgrades (which I assume them to be). We lost two cbs and two safeties, I was just saying I'd like to continue stocking the cabinet.
Oh absolutely. Desmond King comes to mind. Xavier Woods another. But as far as corner, to round out the roster they'll probably bring in a few UDFA's or free agents.

slick325

Reaction score
Woods could easily be the pick......there is zero chance that pick goes to the Jets for Richardson.

I guy can wish BDC...want the Cowboys to own both lines of scrimmage and more talent on the defensive line is the key.

WeaponX

Reaction score
Don't sleep on Damontrae Kazee either. I really like that guy and I think the team does too. I'm not sure they'd take him after Awuzie and Lewis but he's the best ball hawk of those 3.
I had kind of pegged Kazee as the Desmond King of the later rounds...and here we are in the 4th and King is still there; I'd be thrilled with either one but like you I'd be ecstatic if we nab King today.

CaptainCreed

Reaction score
I don't think you can have too many of those kinds of guys ... eventually they break. New England always seems to have a couple of these undersized players who have a suddenness to their game at their disposal. They always get open and because of their size you get them on the cheap, so their production always outpaces their contract. As a bonus he's your day 1 punt returner and his infectious personality would be a perfect blend for that rejuvenated and youthful Cowboy locker room. Switzer is an instant upgrade to Lucky in every respect.

Good call LOL

Proof

Reaction score
would have really really loved King there. Thought it may happen. But it's ok though, because I really really love switzer there ;)