Twitter: Vander Esch not slated to play Sunday

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sophomore slump for LVE. Been a disappointing year for him so far. His great rookie season got everyone’s expectations a little too high for him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember last year when Vander Esch claimed the reports of his bad neck were bogus?

Good times.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
This stuff always gets me. If it is a “flare up” like I’ve heard reported, how do they know Thursday afternoon it’s gonna be so bad Sunday he can’t play? It has to be way worse than that.

stiletto

Reaction score
Sophomore slump for LVE. Been a disappointing year for him so far. His great rookie season got everyone’s expectations a little too high for him.

I think he's been hurt all year. Guess that adds up to a slump but it is certainly disappointing. I had high hopes for him this year.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Snake 2.0 I'm afraid

Love the guy, but all season looked not 100% .. his body language is tired and aching

:cool:

Qcard

Reaction score
With or without LVE does it really matter?

Our HC stated Brady was the greatest Football player that ever walked.

There is only one defensive plan hit Brady.

ESisback

Reaction score
Worries me, because Joe Thomas won’t be 100%. Don’t think for a second that Belichick won’t exploit THAT!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uhoh.

Leighton Vander Esch will not play Sunday at New England because of a neck injury that has flared up and required an MRI, according to sources. Vander Esch will be examined in a few weeks to see if the inflammarion has calmed down. Sean Lee will move to the weak side linebacker spot with Joe Thomas seeing more action although Thomas has not practiced this week because of an illness.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

There was a measure of concern about this when they drafted him. Not good to hear.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Dude was the most sure tackler in the NFL last year. The way he has been playing this year I truly cant say that his absence will make a significant difference. Hopefully anytime that he takes off helps get him back to rookie LVE

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think he's been hurt all year. Guess that adds up to a slump but it is certainly disappointing. I had high hopes for him this year.

He’s been beat up but he’s not diagnosing plays as well as he did last season and when he’s been in position to make a tackle he’s missed a number of them.