Twitter: Vander Esch not slated to play Sunday

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Ugh, not a good sign. You don't mess around with neck issues. Wonder if this has been bothering him to some degree all season. Concerned this is long term and IR threatening.

robbieruff

Reaction score
This is becoming a disturbing narrative and classic case in a long, storied history of Cowboys FO’s injury misinformation.

When we drafted LVE last year, part of the narrative was there were concerns about lingering neck issues and that was the reason, in part, that he wore a neck brace in college. This line of thinking was debunked during the post draft spin coming out of our war room saying that there were no such neck issues and that such talk was way overblown (I am basing this mostly on memory). So here we are now...once again...dealing with some sort of potential chronic issue for a young player where were yet again told by the FO “nothing to see here...move along.”

I love me some LVE at 100% but clear he has been an avg LB after turning in a 2nd team All Pro season his rookie year...our two dynamic LBs are now a major liability until their health returns. God speed...