Vander Esch Way younger than typical rookie

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I don’t know what the kid will become but he is definitely behind Lee and Jaylon and Wilson looked miles ahead too so that puts him 4th on the depth chart not really what I want from pick 19.

LVE should start out 4th on the depth chart. If not there is a problem.
Lee, Wilson and Smith have just a few more years learning the system, just a few.
Cant imagine why LVE cant pick up the system in 30days of camp, must be another 1st round bust.

I am more focused on Jaylon Smith progress, last year Zoners bashed him for being out of position and slow to react. Cowboys need Smith to take the next step. If he does, Cowboys will have a stacked crew at LBer

kevm3

Reaction score
The fact that dude played in some rural podunk town isn't an excuse for no-showing given we could have taken other players at that position. Vander Esch needs to be given time to grow, but he needs to show up around the same time as other players taken around him, which I'll give about a year or so.

staubach24

Reaction score
Sean Lee is the caliber of student of the game that Romo was, if anyone's going to tutor our brand new LBer into becoming a stud ASAP, it's him.
Dead on correct. This pick came at the perfect time. When I first saw him on the field, I thought he was Brian Urlacher's kid playing under a different name. Same instincts, fast as hell, and is always around the tackle, if not making it. Learning under Sean Lee, I see this guy being the future at MLB.

aria

Reaction score
With all due respect, I just threw up in my mouth. Back in my day, you were a man in every sense of the word by the time you were 18, and an experienced man able to handle the rigors of life by the time you were 21.
You haven’t figured out that according to 99% of fans here every NFL player is just a “kid”? I guess they only become men once they retire, whether that be at 22 or 32 doesn’t matter.