Vander Esch Way younger than typical rookie

Piledriver

Reaction score
Crazy talent, great work ethic, and coaches that are great at teaching fundamentals (suck at scheming though). Hes going to be good.
Crazy talent ?

If he was such a talent why wasn’t he at PSU? Michigan ? Miami ?

He might be good but we don’t know

2much2soon

Reaction score
He has the Brian Urlacher Body. Now Needs to develop the Urlacher Brain. He has a lot of time to do that. I wont judge him before Season 3.
He looked lost at BSU at first, then it seemed like all of a sudden he was dominant. I suspect it will be the same for him in the NFL. It will just suddenly click for him.

Piledriver

Reaction score
Crazy talent, great work ethic, and coaches that are great at teaching fundamentals (suck at scheming though). Hes going to be good.
Crazy talent ?

Because he played highschool football in the middle of nowhere.

Boise State is legit btw and he was a tackling machine.

6’4 255 LBs that move like safeties don’t grow on trees either.
Zeke is a crazy talent

Jalen Ramsey crazy talent

LVE is a project

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Crazy talent ?

In high school, he played 8 man football for a town of 500 in the Idaho mountains. Totally off Miami's radar.

On top of that, LVE was a bit of a late bloomer as well. Going into 2017, the Broncos listed him as 6'4" 240. He checked into the Combine at 6'4" 257, and he didn't just pack on that weight for the scouts, he annihilated the drills even with that added bulk.

DanA

Reaction score
Crazy talent ?

Zeke is a crazy talent

Jalen Ramsey crazy talent

LVE is a project

You can't see how a guy from Riggins, Idaho where there is a population of 400 people and they don't have a proper football team, just 8-man football. That he might get missed?

Zeke and Jaylon both went to football high schools. I think Zeke was on a scholarship at a private school.

LVE is definately a project but he's also got crazy talent.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
We are not living back in the day though. Back in the Day Kids started working when they were 13. Nowadys most 21 yr olds only know their Play Station and Netflix and have never changed a wheel on a car let alone a bicycle.

Damn straight. I was mowing lawns and working in a fish market when I was 12 to save up to buy my own car at 16. Parents back then believed in teaching kids responsibility and work ethic. Twenty-somethings today are babies compared the the old dogs.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Ask them what?

I partner with HR all the time and they just say that millenials are different, not that they don't work as hard or any of that. By and large, they don't want anything to do with an older generation that thinks so little of them.

That's a big part of the problem. Millennials think should start at the top of the food chain.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
He will learn a ton just watching game film in the linebacker room with Lee and the others. He will catch up quickly.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
You can't see how a guy from Riggins, Idaho where there is a population of 400 people and they don't have a proper football team, just 8-man football. That he might get missed?

Zeke and Jaylon both went to football high schools. I think Zeke was on a scholarship at a private school.

LVE is definately a project but he's also got crazy talent.

Jaylon Ramesy was lost his first year, (steal not worth the 5th draft pick)
Myles Jack MLB also lost his first year.
LVE just played his 1st preseason game

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's practically a toddler still spitting up on himself.

Can you tell he had a bad first game?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would say ole Sloot was the biggest negative take from the game. He looked like just a guy out there.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Some see potential in this kid; he is not nearly as good as i was hoping for ., but it was only 1 preseason game, can't make a judgement yet.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it was bad, he was definitely reacting more than reading, understandable.

Right but then he said something after the game that was just odd. He said the game speed was slower than what he expected. I was giving him a free pass figuring things were coming too quickly but he says no. It was nice and slow. So then my question is why did you look like an UDFA out there?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Crazy talent in the NFL ?

Thats a bit too much for me, but whatever... maybe he is .

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some see potential in this kid; he is not nearly as good as i was hoping for ., but it was only 1 preseason game, can't make a judgement yet.

Nobody is but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little concerned. It's his first game in the NFL but he's also playing against marginal talent. He should make a play or two on pedigree alone. He was invisible.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Right but then he said something after the game that was just odd. He said the game speed was slower than what he expected. I was giving him a free pass figuring things were coming too quickly but he says no. It was nice and slow. So then my question is why did you look like an UDFA out there?

Well it was just a pre-season game, he's done NFL before in practice, I'm sure he'll be more overwhelmed against Carolina.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Nobody is but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little concerned. It's his first game in the NFL but he's also playing against marginal talent. He should make a play or two on pedigree alone. He was invisible.

True... i just don't see the 'crazy talent' as of yet.