Vandy Should Be Blamed, But What About Romo & His 2 Red Zone INTs?!?

wileedog

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
This is again just typical... You align yourself with one player, and then that player makes mistakes and you do whatever you can to defend him. It's never ________'s fault. Why couldn't Romo just win the game himself?? Because he too made mistakes. But following your logic, Romo washed his hands from blame by putting SOMEONE ELSE in position to win it. The reality is he had to put Vandy in position to do it only because he COULDN'T DO IT HIMSELF.
I'm not 'aligned' with anyone. I've never been in the Romo/Henson arguments, if you would actually take the time to read my posts I'm not advocating starting Romo over Drew unless the line implodes, and even then I'm not sure its a lock.

If you would stop ranting about my motives or my double standards and perhaps explore some reading comprehension you just may get this.

Yes, in my opinion, a kicker missing 2 30+ yarders is beyond excusable. The loss is a team loss, but if someone is going to start a blame thread then in my opinion a kicker who fails at his job that utterly takes the most blame.

And yes, in my opinion, a QB throwing 45 passes on the night and having one picked off that was his fault is excusable. It happens. I honestly don't care if the QB is named Romo, or Henson, or Bledsoe or Carter. I just don't. Stop trying to turn this into some agenda nonsense, because its not.

Make no mistake. If that was Drew in their for 4 quarters I would be defending him just as vigorously, but I think this entire thread was started just to rag on Romo, not to actually try and place blame, deserved or not, on anyone other than him.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
wileedog said:
I'm not 'aligned' with anyone. I've never been in the Romo/Henson arguments, if you would actually take the time to read my posts I'm not advocating starting Romo over Drew unless the line implodes, and even then I'm not sure its a lock.

If you would stop ranting about my motives or my double standards and perhaps explore some reading comprehension you just may get this.

Make no mistake. If that was Drew in their for 4 quarters I would be defending him just as vigorously, but I think this entire thread was started just to rag on Romo, not to actually try and place blame, deserved or not, on anyone other than him.
You're right I don't know your motives... But I'm NOT going to go read all your past posts. I could care less if you favor Romo over Bledsoe or vice versa. What is clear from this thread is that you favor Romo over Vandy. I can spot an apologist when I see one, and you my friend are one.

Funny how when you have no argument, you go and throw out the buzzwords... i'm looking for an "agenda," I lack "reading comprehension":rolleyes:... you think if you throw out those words, I'll go *gasp* and back off. I call em like I see em.

And you say this thread was started to place blame solely on Romo... It may have been, however the title of the thread states otherwise. I don't care that the thread got into a comparison of Vick, Mcnabb, Montana, etc. etc. I agree whole heartedly with the title of this thread, and that's what I'm arguing.

wileedog

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
You're right I don't know your motives... But I'm NOT going to go read all your past posts. I could care less if you favor Romo over Bledsoe or vice versa. What is clear from this thread is that you favor Romo over Vandy. I can spot an apologist when I see one, and you my friend are one.
I favor Romo over Vandy?

*** are talking about?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
wileedog said:
I favor Romo over Vandy?

*** are talking about?

Is that rhetorical?? Do I need to spell it out for you?? You give Romo a pass and not Vandy?? And that's not favoring one guy over another?? And I'm the one who needs to "explore some reading comprehension??":laugh1:

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
I admit I favor Bledsoe over Romo so in that regard I am biased, just as some of the Romo supporters on here have their own bias. But I'll admit when Drew makes bad plays, a sack is his fault, etc. It seems every time Romo makes a mistake, there is always some excuse for him. And it almost seems like a few people here are cheering against Bledsoe (at the cost of the entire team) so they can see if Romo could really be a starter, like they told us he could be weeks ago.

I am a Bledsoe fan but I honestly believe Drew gives us the best chance to win. He may get sacked more than Romo, but when was the last time a scrambling QB like Vick or McNabb won a Super Bowl?

Bledsoe vs. Romo will be a topic of discussion after every Cowboys' loss this season. Hopefully there won't be very many. On the other hand, Romo makes a lot of plays that Bledsoe can't. That will continue to add fuel to the fire, and that is just the way it is. I frankly don't care who the quarterback is as long as he is winning the games. When he starts to lose, then it's time to consider the other.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FLcowboy said:
Bledsoe vs. Romo will be a topic of discussion after every Cowboys' loss this season. Hopefully there won't be very many. On the other hand, Romo makes a lot of plays that Bledsoe can't. That will continue to add fuel to the fire, and that is just the way it is. I frankly don't care who the quarterback is as long as he is winning the games. When he starts to lose, then it's time to consider the other.

No doubt about that. I also have no doubt that Bledsoe is the starter on this team and Romo will provide backup and could have a future as a starter for us in the next year or 2 but for now I have no doubts about who the starting QB for this team is. Like you said though after any loss this debate will start up.

wileedog

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Is that rhetorical?? Do I need to spell it out for you?? You give Romo a pass and not Vandy?? And that's not favoring one guy over another?? And I'm the one who needs to "explore some reading comprehension??":laugh1:

This desperation to pin a label on me has gotten comical. Now there is a QB/K controversy.

Lets see if we can try this one more time.

IMO Romo played a pretty decent game. He moved the team. He put us in position to score several times. He marched down the field late in the 4th and did tie the game, something you always want to see from your QB and something everyone is ignoring.

I don't care who the QB is, I will not throw him under the bus for losing a game because he made 1 bad throw in 45 pass plays, especially when one red zone opportunity was lost by a receiver stopping on a route and another TD was dropped.

if that makes me an 'apologist' then I'm not a Romo apologist, I'm a QB apologist.

I will however happily throw a kicker who misses two gimmes in OT under said bus. Its his one and only job, and he failed at it. Period. If he does even half his job and hits one of them, we are not blaming anybody for anything today.

You may now continue to try the labelling game, i really don't care.

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
itoldyouSOE said:
Alright, I post this with some trepidation because I am excited that the regular season is now upon us and think we are going to have a very good year. But if there is one thing I can't stand, its a double-standard.

Everyone is (rightfully) PO'ed at Vander-drunk. He missed 2 FGs that he should have made. Cost us the game. BUT WAIT!

Romo tossed 2 INTs! In the red zone, nonetheless. I don't care how good he did all game (snap over his head and all), if Romo doesn't make these mistakes, we win the game. Yet everyone is blaming this on Vanderjerk?

Last year, Bledsoe has us in the position to win numerous games (DEN, SEA, WAS) but missed FGs cost us the game. Yet I hear some people on this board blame him for the SEA loss because he tossed an INT which led to a SEA game-winning FG, when we never would have been in that position if Cortez does his job. So shouldn't these same people blame Romo for taking points away from us last night? Nevermind that he couldn't get it into the end zone on those 2 tries, tossing 2 INTs like that takes away points. If he is able to close the deal, no OT and no missed FGs. And wasn't Romo playing against second teamers for most of the night? But I can hear the Romo-man-lovers excuses now: When Romo throws a pick, its the receivers' fault 'cause they didn't run their proper route. When Bledsoe does it, its all his fault. Right.

Romo looked good on many occassions. But a 1 TD to 2 INT ratio equates to a lot of fancy plays resulting in a lot of empty yards. Bledsoe is and will be our starter this year. I'm glad Romo is here as he appears to be a comptent back up. But that's what he is, a back up. Case closed.

Regardless of last night's game, Sept. 10th can't get here fast enough. Go Cowboys!

For the second coming of Bret Favre, Romo sure was clutch against Minnesotas 3rd string bubble players....but hey why bench a veteran with over 40K career passing yards and throw this cat out there against the NFL's elite:laugh1: :lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
itoldyouSOE said:
Look at your post again. I said Montana and Elway were not considered run first, pass second QBs, (as claimed by another poster) and you said "neither is McNabb." Thus, like it or not, you were making a comparison to McNabb and Montana (and Elway). When I embarass you for this, you act all coy like you made no such comparison.

I'll say it again, McNabb and Montana do not have a similar style of play.
This is such a worthless post.

Marino was a pass first, run second QB too. Does that mean I am comparing him to Montana and Elway?

He was exactly right, McNabb looks to throw before he looks to run. So did Steve Young. The fact that they are elusive and effective runners does NOT make them a run first, pass second QB.

Plain and simple.

The only embarrassment ought to be yours for inability to read and comprehend the game.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
wileedog said:
IMO Romo played a pretty decent game. He moved the team. He put us in position to score several times. He marched down the field late in the 4th and did tie the game, something you always want to see from your QB and something everyone is ignoring.

I don't care who the QB is, I will not throw him under the bus for losing a game because he made 1 bad throw in 45 pass plays, especially when one red zone opportunity was lost by a receiver stopping on a route and another TD was dropped.

if that makes me an 'apologist' then I'm not a Romo apologist, I'm a QB apologist.

I will however happily throw a kicker who misses two gimmes in OT under said bus. Its his one and only job, and he failed at it. Period. If he does even half his job and hits one of them, we are not blaming anybody for anything today.

You may now continue to try the labelling game, i really don't care.
I'm not trying to label you. I couldn't care less. I am merely pointing out your double standard. To say Romo only made one mistake yesterday is what's comical.

You say he put us in position to score several times. By my count 7... from what I can recall. Twice Vandy missed FGs. He made one. Romo also led us to one TD. So what happened to the other three? Were they also all Vandy's fault?? No. Were they all Romo's fault?? No. I sound like a broken record, yet it's still not sinking in for you.

The reasons we TIED last night were numerous -- I keep going back and replacing lost with tied, because it feels like we lost the game judging from all the drama last night into today. Remember we didn't even LOSE.

To place the blame solely on one person after all the mistakes we made is completely unjustified. If you can't see that by now, I can't help you.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Although it is plain to see that you posted this with a clear motive in mind, you do have a slight point.

Romo made enough poor decisions tonight to show why he not quite ready to lead this football team. Gunslinger or not, he turned the ball over in the redzone. You cannot do that and win in the NFL.

He was doing his best Brett Favour imitation.

wileedog

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
To place the blame solely on one person after all the mistakes we made is completely unjustified. If you can't see that by now, I can't help you.

Show me where I said it was all Vandy's fault?

I've said numerous times that is more Vandy's fault than Romo's, because Vandy completely failed at his job. Romo for the most part did his.

IMO you just can't equate a kicker who has 3 plays on the field and flubs 2 of them with a QB who is taking 3 quarters worth of offensive snaps, and flubbed one of them.

I've also said, bottom line is its a team loss. It is. But I'm not the one who started the "Rate the Blame" post just so I could point out in big letters that Romo had 2 INTs because I'm so insecure about Bledsoe starting the season.

itoldyouSOE

Reaction score
Hostile said:
This is such a worthless post.

Marino was a pass first, run second QB too. Does that mean I am comparing him to Montana and Elway?

He was exactly right, McNabb looks to throw before he looks to run. So did Steve Young. The fact that they are elusive and effective runners does NOT make them a run first, pass second QB.

Plain and simple.

The only embarrassment ought to be yours for inability to read and comprehend the game.

Thanks for your 2 cents. We are all now dumber for reading this.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Plan A. Bledsoe: If our OL can give Bledsoe his 5min of protection we will be fine & I say go with Bledsoe.

Plan B. Romo: Lack of experience and at times reverts to his gunslinger mode. Mr Romo gained invaluable experience last night....and from what I have seen from him this preseason he will learn from it. Logic tells us we go w/experience at QB. But there is always an exception to any rule and we may have that exception in Bledsoe.

If Bledsoe does not speed up his delivery, his progressions, and does not remedy his bad decision making I'll take the less of the two evils......Romo.

He has shown he has zip on the ball, great pocket presence, and excellent accuracy throwing the ball when he is on the move, he moves the ball folks. He put us in position, on two separate occasions, to win last nights game..

I'm sorry Mr Bledsoe if you struggle behind this OL I would be forced to replace you.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
wileedog said:
Show me where I said it was all Vandy's fault?
My fault... you never said that, but the point is the same.

I've said numerous times that is more Vandy's fault than Romo's, because Vandy completely failed at his job. Romo for the most part did his.
"Complete" failure, and we don't get into OT.

IMO you just can't equate a kicker who has 3 plays on the field and flubs 2 of them with a QB who is taking 3 quarters worth of offensive snaps, and flubbed one of them.
One mistake for Romo is being generous.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
itoldyouSOE said:
Thanks for your 2 cents. We are all now dumber for reading this.
Congrats on the admission that you are dumber. Acceptance is the first step of recovery. By "we" were you referring to the voice sin your head?

wileedog

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
My fault... you never said that, but the point is the same.
No, the point is not the same.

"Complete" failure, and we don't get into OT.
So mostly failure.

One mistake for Romo is being generous.

Fine, he didn't screw up 66% of the time he was on the field, or even close to it.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
wileedog said:
No, the point is not the same.

Fine, he didn't screw up 66% of the time he was on the field, or even close to it.

Go back and reread the point. No one deserves more blame. It's pointless, I'm done babysitting you.

itoldyouSOE

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Congrats on the admission that you are dumber. Acceptance is the first step of recovery. By "we" were you referring to the voice sin your head?

*** Panties in a bunch because Henson and Romo are not fit to unseat Bledsoe ***