Vela blog: "Experts" mock selections for Dallas

Reaction score
jack2;1383337 said:
I could see dallas going for a wr in the 1st round, maybe a Cb, but don't think a safety and certainly not an Ol!

i disagree.

it's a shame that rogers and peterman did not work out. still dallas is either going to have to upgrade via FA, or spend some high draft packs on OL. at least one pick in rounds 1-3 will go OL. at least one pick will also be WR/DB. if blalock or brown are there at 22, i think they will get serious consideration.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Arguably the best offensive line in football is that of the Indianapolis Colts, given they stuck the Bears with 191 rushing yards.

Their right guard is named (can you recall his name?) Ryan Scott and he was drafted in the fifth round. Their left guard is named Ryan Lilia and he was a free agent.

The draft position of the Colts line, from left to right, goes like this:

first, FA, FA, fifth, fourth.

You need to put your first round choices where they will do the most good. I'd much rather have a Julius Peppers than the best guard in football. A pretty good guard is enough.

For those saying solve the guard situation in free agency, yes, lets do that and move on. Fry bigger fish with the early draft choices.

David.

superpunk

Reaction score
dwmyers;1383955 said:
Arguably the best offensive line in football is that of the Indianapolis Colts, given they stuck the Bears with 191 rushing yards.

Their right guard is named (can you recall his name?) Ryan Scott and he was drafted in the fifth round. Their left guard is named Ryan Lilia and he was a free agent.

You need to put your first round choices where they will do the most good. I'd much rather have a Julius Peppers than the best guard in football. A pretty good guard is enough.

For those saying solve the guard situation in free agency, yes, lets do that and move on. Fry bigger fish with the early draft choices.

David.

I';m on board. Find me another Kosier, and our line is rock-solid. Flo will need replacing, but if we get another 20-sumthin prospect at RG, we've got 4 out of 5 positions under 30 and the potential to play together for a lONG time, which is most important.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk;1383961 said:
I';m on board. Find me another Kosier, and our line is rock-solid. Flo will need replacing, but if we get another 20-sumthin prospect at RG, we've got 4 out of 5 positions under 30 and the potential to play together for a lONG time, which is most important.

At this stage I would not mind seeing Dallas look for a big time tackle and move Flo to the gaurd position where he started his career in Dallas. Nothing personal aginst Flo but I think Dallas could do much better at a critical position that the tackle position is.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dwmyers;1383955 said:

David.

:hammer: :hammer: :bow:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
smarta5150;1383391 said:
FS in the 1st will make me absolutely sick.

LB or TE in the first would make me sick. Oh wait, Parcells is gone now so no worries about that one.

In that case, Jerry will be running the draft and we will trade down 4 times and up 3 times and reach for some scrub(s) no one ever heard of.

Actually, I'm hoping for a WR to fall to us or one of the top FS/CBs or an OL in the first 2 rounds.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THUMPER;1384509 said:
In that case, Jerry will be running the draft and we will trade down 4 times and up 3 times and reach for some scrub(s) no one ever heard of.
Thank you for making me re-live the 2001 draft. :mad:

:)

K-Mart

Reaction score
Future 585;1383377 said:
Anthony Gonzalez in the first would absolutely make me sick.

Agreed..... i would feel the same way if we took Blalock....the guy is a bum...