Vela: Comments on Mike Jenkins

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2404314 said:
I don't see how it's okay for someone not to make a tackle because he's a rookie.

Not comparing him to the guy in terms of talent or anything but it was apparently quite alright for most of Deion's career to simply not tackle.

MichaelWinicki;2404681 said:
Some of you folks are absolutely amazing.

I can just imagine how well you manage your real lives as opposed to this "perfect management style" you portray through a forum.

You act like you, and no one around you ever makes a mistake-- ever. You run your own life perfectly as do those around you. "Stepford fans."

*Nods* This actually made me chuckle. Good post.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So let's string the kid up and let starving dogs chew off his testicles...

God almighty...

There are people here acting all "high & mighty" about this topic who's kids are getting D's in English and their pets crap on the rug.

Please give it a freaking rest already.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2404831 said:

Ah, so that's what happened to ROY.

I think we should leave Jenkins alone.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
41gy#;2404293 said:
People. Keep your senses. Mike Jenkins is getting better every week. He’s the future at one CB spot. He had a pick six Sunday.

As the announcer correctly said, Jenkins was simply reading Manning's three-step drop, but did anyone notice that Burress was reading Jenkins, and raised his hand for the deep ball when he saw Jenkins sitting on the pass?

Jenkins sat on that pass, but if Eli had noticed, it wasn't a pick-six, it was a touchdown-six for the Giants. More of a bad play by Eli than a great play by Jenkins, IMO.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2404831 said:

God almighty...

There are people here acting all "high & mighty" about this topic who's kids are getting D's in English and their pets crap on the rug.

Please give it a freaking rest already.

:hammer:

Glass houses.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Calling him a coward for one bad play is a bit much. He laid Earnest Graham out in the TB game... how quickly we forget.

aikemirv

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2404886 said:
As the announcer correctly said, Jenkins was simply reading Manning's three-step drop, but did anyone notice that Burress was reading Jenkins, and raised his hand for the deep ball when he saw Jenkins sitting on the pass?

Jenkins sat on that pass, but if Eli had noticed, it wasn't a pick-six, it was a touchdown-six for the Giants. More of a bad play by Eli than a great play by Jenkins, IMO.

If "ifs and buts were candy and nuts"

He made a huge play that kept us in the game for the first half - it was a blitz I believe and Jenkins knew that - he made a great play!

5 years from now when Jenkins is established and has a Pro Bowl or 2 under his belt people on this board will still be bringing up this play:bang2:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
aikemirv;2404920 said:
If "ifs and buts were candy and nuts"

He made a huge play that kept us in the game for the first half - it was a blitz I believe and Jenkins knew that - he made a great play!

5 years from now when Jenkins is established and has a Pro Bowl or 2 under his belt people on this board will still be bringing up this play:bang2:

No, it's not "ifs and buts," it's seeing things for what they are. Eli didn't need to take any more time getting rid of that ball, if he had lobbed it up, Burress was gone.

Jenkins sold out on the gamble, it paid off. But let's see it for what it truly was.

aikemirv

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2404925 said:
No, it's not "ifs and buts," it's seeing things for what they are. Eli didn't need to take any more time getting rid of that ball, if he had lobbed it up, Burress was gone.

Jenkins sold out on the gamble, it paid off. But let's see it for what it truly was.

Ok then, it truly was a pick 6 was it not!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep, I checked the box score - TD Mike Jenkins!!!!

cowboys2233

Reaction score
aikemirv;2404961 said:
Ok then, it truly was a pick 6 was it not!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep, I checked the box score - TD Mike Jenkins!!!!

Now you listen and you listen good! I suspect that most pick-six's are that way, a big gamble by the CB. Jenkins made a good play, but it was not a great play. A great CB play is when a CB sticks on the receiver for five seconds or so. Much harder than jumping a quick pass by a QB who guessed incorrectly himself.

aikemirv

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2404973 said:
Now you listen and you listen good! I suspect that most pick-six's are that way, a big gamble by the CB. Jenkins made a good play, but it was not a great play. A great CB play is when a CB sticks on the receiver for five seconds or so. Much harder than jumping a quick pass by a QB who guessed incorrectly himself.

You have no clue on what went through Jenkins mind on jumping the route. What he may have seen in the film room or whatever he saw presnap. Obviously he knew the play and Burres is the one who tried to change it up.

GREAT read and GREAT play period. You have no baiss for lucky guess!

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Maybe something good will come of this.

He should learn that we don't miss anything.

Take that knowledge and never make the mistake of taking a play off again.

I think he learned his lesson.

Welcome to America's team. Now you have been properly introduced to America's fans.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
aikemirv;2404976 said:
You have no clue on what went through Jenkins mind on jumping the route. What he may have seen in the film room or whatever he saw presnap. Obviously he knew the play and Burres is the one who tried to change it up.

GREAT read and GREAT play period. You have no baiss for lucky guess!

But's that's my point -- he knew the play, that was obvious. He was ready to jump that route before the ball was snapped. Is hitting a baseball particularly hard when you know what type of pitch is coming?

All I'm saying is that if Eli had been smart enough to know that he was showing a tendency and cleverly decided to change it up, it would have looked quite the opposite of a great play by Jenkins. It would have looked like a young CB getting taken in by a veteran QB. Kudos to Jenkins, he guessed correctly -- but it was not a product of great coverage or anything Burress showed him, he was banking on a certain pass because of that three-step drop. Nothing more, nothing less.

aikemirv

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2405015 said:
But's that's my point -- he knew the play, that was obvious. He was ready to jump that route before the ball was snapped. Is hitting a baseball particularly hard when you know what type of pitch is coming?

All I'm saying is that if Eli had been smart enough to know that he was showing a tendency and cleverly decided to change it up, it would have looked quite the opposite of a great play by Jenkins. It would have looked like a young CB getting taken in by a veteran QB. Kudos to Jenkins, he guessed correctly -- but it was not a product of great coverage or anything Burress showed him, he was banking on a certain pass because of that three-step drop. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just typical of this board - not everyone but a lot - that is how agendas are formed.

You minimize the good plays and rip to shreds the bad ones.

You know that is really how perceptions are formed about players on other teams being so much better than ours. People see the great plays on highlight shows and never see the bad ones because nobody anylzes other teams players like they do ours.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
PBJTime;2404320 said:
It's not okay, but how long are people going to harp on it. You'd think he murdered somebody.

It's not the first time he had this kind of - let's call it "mental breakdown". I remember one game where he tried to jump kick the WR because he underestimated the throw.

As long as he is not covering like Deion Sanders did he has to focus on other things like tackling etc... He has made himself a name with his behaviour on the field and so people will have a closer look at it and judge him everytime he shows that behavour again. It's not like he showed super star plays to justify such things.

To me i didn't felt like being murdered by him but betrayed. And now i expect him to show me what he really stands for.

shnagy

Reaction score
TwentyOne;2405045 said:
It's not the first time he had this kind of - let's call it "mental breakdown". I remember one game where he tried to jump kick the WR because he underestimated the throw.

As long as he is not covering like Deion Sanders did he has to focus on other things like tackling etc... He has made himself a name with his behaviour on the field and so people will have a closer look at it and judge him everytime he shows that behavour again. It's not like he showed super star plays to justify such things.

To me i didn't felt like being murdered by him but betrayed. And now i expect him to show me what he really stands for.

Really? Are you really still harping on this play? So say he makes the tackle. Next play the Giants score. That single tackle wouldn't have made any difference. He shouldn't have "given up" on the play but it was a blowout and definitely not worthy of the attention it received.

Please stop acting like you all have never made a mistake.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2404314 said:
I don't see how it's okay for someone not to make a tackle because he's a rookie.

How about a veteren....there were many missed tackles....
Can you say Deion in his veteren days?

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
I thought DB's were supposed to gamble sometimes. Anyway, Like I said yesterday. Ward should've been stopped before he even got to that level

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
Any links to this play....was out of town and didn't see the game!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2404925 said:

If, if, if. If Eli hadn't made so many bad plays in his life time he'd have more than one Superbowl victory too.

Who cares about what could have happened IF Eli did this or that. It didn't happen. He did what he did and Jenkins made a play out of that.