Very disappointing

aria

Reaction score
Dude, we covered the spread in a road NFL game. Road favorites both win and cover the spread less than 30% of the time in this league.

Smile
I don’t care about the spread, there were a lot of problems in this game that would have been a L with almost any other team. If they’re 30th in the league in defense and we were only favored by 7 that should say something in itself but I like your optimism. I still have faith in this team to make a run but today was not what I was expecting. They have a lot to clean up if they’re going to be a contender.

aria

Reaction score
Dallas is a bad football team, Detroit is just a little worse is all.. The Patriots will have no issues at home with the Cowboys. Its nothing personal or spite, it's just reality.
I think you may be pleasantly surprised, that’s the exact type of thing Dallas does.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't start threads very much. But this has to be said.

We just won a close game on the road in the conference to go 6-4 and stay in control of our division. And many people already want to look ahead to New England and say how we will lose. Like they just can't wait to trash our team.

I don't like it. It's not right.

Shame.
This place is overrun with Trolls. Nothing wrong with pointing out obvious deficiencies but these idiots hate on everyone, every thread, every post every game. It is disappointing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t care about the spread, there were a lot of problems in this game that would have been a L with almost any other team. If they’re 30th in the league in defense and we were only favored by 7 that should say something in itself but I like your optimism. I still have faith in this team to make a run but today was not what I was expecting. They have a lot to clean up if they’re going to be a contender.
Here’s one of them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah but I don’t think they had the injuries they have now and having Stafford would have certainly made a difference but perhaps you’re right.
Injuries is a good point, but nobody seem to give us that caveat, so I won't give it to them. lol I honestly don't know that Stafford would have improved their chances. That kid they had in there can play. He was making some really good throws, and has a running ability Stafford doesn't have. Stafford might have seen openings he didn't see, but I don't know.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A "pathetic win".....is a pathetic attitude. Like ...we've NEVER ever had a close win to bad teams ever. Brady is having big trouble against philly. But THAT is different right? We have a lot to be critical of, but a WIN? Only thing pathetic here is "fans" like you.
Your likes total speaks volumes...

Cmac

Reaction score
….but we shouldn't be jumping up & down over facing a Jeff Driskel led team either

Cmac

Reaction score
Injuries is a good point, but nobody seem to give us that caveat, so I won't give it to them. lol I honestly don't know that Stafford would have improved their chances. That kid they had in there can play. He was making some really good throws, and has a running ability Stafford doesn't have. Stafford might have seen openings he didn't see, but I don't know.
I think Golladay & Jones would have had high numbers if Stafford had been in there....much like Dak put up. Just sayin', and would have been a far more concern than Driskel.

aria

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking the openings like when he could have run for a 1st down on 2nd and 10 but threw the ball in the dirt to a dude that was covered anyways. They ended up punting and we got a TD off that. Had he just run for the 1st it could have very well been a different outcome.

I did think he played well but I don’t if that’s on him or makes me more concerned about our D.

aria

Reaction score
When has Dallas beat Brady and The Hoodie? I'll wait.
When have the Jets beat Dallas. I’ll wait!

I could delete this but that would be cowardly. I looked it up, I’m way off. Looks like we lost to the Jets in 2011 and last beat the Patsies in the mid 90’s, ‘96 IIRC. Anyways, I think the Pats are more vulnerable this year than most other years.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Golladay & Jones would have had high numbers if Stafford had been in there....much like Dak put up. Just sayin', and would have been a far more concern than Driskel.
We'll never know for sure, but I think the threat of Driskel running, and his escapability helped them tremendously. I think we would've sacked Stafford at least 3 times, and pressured him more than we did Driskel....but as I said, we'll never know.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Perspective: Because we struggled to beat a team in disarray without it’s starting Franchise QB.. Therefore teams that are Top Tier won’t be so beatable...

Cmac

Reaction score
We'll never know for sure, but I think the threat of Driskel running, and his escapability helped them tremendously. I think we would've sacked Stafford at least 3 times, and pressured him more than we did Driskel....but as I said, we'll never know.
…..that's why the games down the stretch will reveal this team.....good or bad.....once and for all for this season

movaughn88

Reaction score
I don't start threads very much. But this has to be said.

We just won a close game on the road in the conference to go 6-4 and stay in control of our division. And many people already want to look ahead to New England and say how we will lose. Like they just can't wait to trash our team.

I don't like it. It's not right.

Shame.

I am a homer with a capital H but this win felt way more like “they are awful” than “we are good”.

there are things that are so obvious with this team that I’m fascinated the coaches don’t. Pollard, Jarwin, Jouran Lewis. I’m on the train but it feels like it’s just shuffling along.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You want to crown a moral victory? That's your choice. But as the one guy said on The Break. If we don't beat the breaks off this team and take them to the shed? Something is seriously wrong. Can't wait to se what he has to say tomorrow, Because the only one taken to the shed were BOTH defenses. But at least Detroit faced our team at full power versus backups on Detroit's. Sad showing by the coaches on down. Only ones that should take a bow is Dak and his receivers.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Can you set all that aside and just be happy the Cowboys won for one day? They are 6-4 and in control of the Division after all.

Can we not at least acknowledge that and be happy about it?

Just one day. It's such a little thing. You can tell us all about how they will be blown out by New England tomorrow. I'm sure most will agree.

I'll take note of your new forum rule:
The day of a win, no matter the opponent, must not make any negative comments whatsoever.
Must be happy, objective points about the 'Boys shortcomings not allowed.
Good enough?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll take note of your new forum rule:
The day of a win, no matter the opponent, must not make any negative comments whatsoever.
Must be happy, objective points about the 'Boys shortcomings not allowed.
Good enough?
That's the spirit!