Video: Eagles big 3rd down conversion... Roy's fault?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
McNabb completes a huge pass on 3rd Down with 2:38 to go in the game. I heard a caller call into the Post Game Show on the Ticket and made the claim that Roy Williams was at fault on this coverage. He felt Roy should not have let the Rookie TE get behind him on that play.

I personally thought that was a heck of a pass by McNabb.

Discuss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJYdiarXMUA

Reaction score
Of course that was Roy Williams fault dude, even the camera man panned in on him after the play...:laugh2:

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1838111 said:
Of course that was Roy Williams fault dude, even the camera man panned in on him after the play...:laugh2:

lol notice how he claps his hands in frustration

he got burnt by a tight end named Celek :lmao2:

TEK2000

Reaction score
I'll be the first to blame it on Keith Davis.

I wonder how many people will call this an "excuse" for Roy.

If Roy was in Keith Davis' spot and Bradie James was in Roy Williams' spot.... who gets the blame?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bad defense....just bad defense

you have the other team 3rd and 9 with the game on the line...they havent handled our pressure blitzes all day, and they play a safe coverage scheme...

just another exclamation point on the worst played and worst coacged game we've had all yearl..reminded me of the Dave Campo & Quincy Carter glory days today

ultimately its hard to blame a defense for a loss when you hold the other team to 10 pts in a home game...even if they had stopped them on that 3rd and 9, I doubt Romo would have done anything to get us in the endzone

David

Hoods

Reaction score
So? It happens. Want me to show you a couple of first downs that Newman and Henry were responsible for? If third downs were never converted, teams would just punt then. Get over it. We didn't score points... that is why we lost. Don't be so stupid.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:D Not more Roy threads. He did have *some* good plays in the game. In fact, the D played good. The Offense was the problem.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Who cares who fault that play was. Do you honestly think we were gonna score if we got the ball back? If you do I don't know what could make you think that. It's also Roy's fault they crossed the 50 8 times and got 10 points.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Looks like the weight he lost in the offseason still doesn't help him turn his hips.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Roy has to make that play. There is no one in front of him and he passes him off. Dude needs to get his superman on and try to break up the pass or something.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
it really baffles me when our offense isnt able to score jack in this game on which our defense held the opponent to 10 pts. and you guys bring up ROY?

defense wasnt the problem guys..maybe if the offense would have scored sum pts...

jimmy40

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1838097 said:
McNabb completes a huge pass on 3rd Down with 2:38 to go in the game. I heard a caller call into the Post Game Show on the Ticket and made the claim that Roy Williams was at fault on this coverage. He felt Roy should not have let the Rookie TE get behind him on that play.

I personally thought that was a heck of a pass by McNabb.

Discuss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJYdiarXMUA

The plan was to horse collar him after the catch. Come on Mick, pay attention.:D

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Its a zone defense with Roy playing a short middle zone. The TE is looking for the place that is just over him and under (or between) the deep coverage. Thats a fault of the coverage call...it was a great route vs that zone call.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Who cares whose fault it was...it was another conservative play call that burned us.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Jerry is on the Ticket right now. He referenced this play as a "breakdown" in the defense.

He said the Defense played well but had a breakdown on that 3rd and 9 and couldn't get the guy up the middle covered.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1838302 said:
Jerry is on the Ticket right now. He referenced this play as a "breakdown" in the defense.

He said the Defense played well but had a breakdown on that 3rd and 9 and couldn't get the guy up the middle covered.
I don't even think it was a "breakdown." Wolfpack was 100% dead on.

TEK2000

Reaction score
theogt;1838310 said:
I don't even think it was a "breakdown." Wolfpack was 100% dead on.

I'm sticking with thinking that Keith Davis didn't get over there like he was supposed to. He was in no-man's land and the TE was running a seam route right into his area of the Cover-2 zone.

This is cassic Roy Williams and Bradie James.... TE up the seam for a big gain.

The LBer is suppose to get deep and try to take away the throwing lane and the Safety has to be over the top to unload on the reciever or make a play on the ball.

McNabb put perfect touch on the ball and Keith Davis didn't move to the middle of the field when there was no other reciever threatening his zone.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I really like how, on that play, #31, the LB (LOL) saw the TE run right at him and then leapt up to make a play on the ball which went right over his head. His ball hawking skills are amazing.

Oh, that's right, he did nothing.

Even better was his run support on the next play. Good thing he's a great run stopper.

Let's see, Cowboys down by four and needing a play for a slim chance at a win.

Yeah, you guys are right, no need to put any emphasis on those plays. They weren't important at all.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Where are you guys?

In typical fashion, are you guys gonna spin it into Roy doing something great? Or, blaming someone else? Horsecollar mean nothing?

Read it again, down by FOUR. We needed ONE stop and they found good old #31. I'm sure you guys will act as if those plays didn't matter.

I guess you guys won't acknowledge it, because the great Roy can do no wrong.