Video: Eagles big 3rd down conversion... Roy's fault?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1838784 said:
Thats got to be page 1 from the Roy apologist play book.

Yet again a team targets #31 when they need a big play, and yet again its some one elses fault.

Who allowed the TD catch to Chris Cooley a few weeks ago?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
theebs;1838780 said:
To single out one person is nuts.

So then, by this logic, it'd be crazy to fault Romo for today?

Come on.

I know it's a team game, there's no I in team, yadda yadda yadda, but to ignore key plays or players is crazy.

We were down by FOUR freaking points, so yes, those plays were critical in the big scheme of things, and they didn't complete the pass over Newman, Henry, Ware, Ratliff, Wade, Jerry, etc.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;1838814 said:

Come on.

I know it's a team game, there's no I in team, yadda yadda yadda, but to ignore key plays or players is crazy.

We were down by FOUR freaking points, so yes, those plays were critical in the big scheme of things, and they didn't complete the pass over Newman, Henry, Ware, Ratliff, Wade, Jerry, etc.

and again, we gave up 10 pts, at home

when you only score 6, to blame a defensive player for anything is just stupid

David

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Cowboykid90;1838825 said:
Roy shouldnt have been in the game but watkins injury put him there...

If Watkins was healthy, he would have been in for Davis, not Roy.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Nors;1838759 said:
Roy needs to make a quick decision there. I would be far more understanding if there was a wide receiver crossing in front of him that forced him to stay home. But rewatching it there was a receiver dragging very shallow that he had ZERO chance of covering. He hesitates and lets TE by him.

Instincts of good cover guys reading QB and he'd have ran with TE there. Safeties sure seam tied up over the top on WR's.

Roy is not a great cover guy, and unfortunately opponents over the years know that and expose him.

When you watch the play he takes a step to his left right before the pass is released and is looking right at McNabb, so he may have been doing what good cover guys do and read the QB. It sure looked like McNabb looked him off and if that's the case you have to give credit to the Eagles for a perfect play call and execution. I'll tip my hat to McNabb on that one and I don't think there is anyway you can pin this loss on the D.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;1838814 said:

Come on.

Quick name a game changing play by Roy this year.

lol

So singling out roy williams for this loss makes you feel better.

Howbout maybe roy has been tackling really well this year and maybe instead of trying to rip peoples heads off he decided to go back to form tackling.

Romo was off all day. the line looked confused when gurode went out and the eagles attacked the middle of the line and romo had no where to step up.

the sacks in the 4th qtr on the last two drives are what lost the game.

Not having fasano or gurode showed late in the game. Protection is always the most important.

Its a loss. get over it. Worry about carolina.

no one plays 16 perfect games. No one.

divisional games always are and always will be difficult. Check out the giants right now, how do they look?

but again if blaming it on roy williams makes you feel better, thats fine too.

oh and you will be thrilled next week when keith davis is playing because Roy is most likely going to be suspended. Wait till you see keith davis chasing steve smith.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838826 said:
and again, we gave up 10 pts, at home

when you only score 6, to blame a defensive player for anything is just stupid

David

Agreed. Even if Roy makes that play, what are the odds Romo drives the length of the field with that wonky thumb?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
bbgun;1838836 said:
Agreed. Even if Roy makes that play, what are the odds Romo drives the length of the field with that wonky thumb?

Agree. We'd still have to score, but then at least, Roy would've actually made a game changing play.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
That underneath WR was wide open as well if McNabb would have thrown it to him we would be yelling at him why did he cover the TE he had deep help.

TEK2000

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1838808 said:
Who allowed the TD catch to Chris Cooley a few weeks ago?

I asked the question earlier...

If Roy was in Keith Davis' spot and Bradie James was in Roy's spot on that play in the game today... who gets the blame?

I haven't seen anyone respond to that yet.

I bet it will be interesting to see who gets the blame. :laugh2:

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
theebs;1838833 said:
lol

So singling out roy williams for this loss makes you feel better.

Typical Roy apologist misdirection. Can't really retort on his poor play, so quickly pass the focus onto someone else.

Roy did bad, but so did this guy, that guy, those guys, yadda yadda yadda.

Again, no doubt, Romo was terrible.

Doesn't change the fact that Roy didn't do what he was supposed to do.

Quick, who leads the league in horsecollar penalties?

It's always the same ole stuff and you guys always give the same ole excuses for his play.

Don't you think if he was as good as all of you said he was there wouldn't be a need to continually come in here and defend his play?

TEK2000

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;1838866 said:
Typical Roy apologist misdirection. Can't really retort on his poor play, so quickly pass the focus onto someone else.

It's always the same ole stuff and you guys always give the same ole excuses for his play.

Don't you think if he was as good as all of you said he was there wouldn't be a need to continually come in here and defend his play?

Theebs... a ROY APOLOGIST? Geez.. you clearly have no clue!

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
TEK2000;1838870 said:
Theebs... a ROY APOLOGIST? Geez.. you clearly have no clue!

LOL, he may not be, but for a moment he was singing the apologists sweet song.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;1838866 said:

Umm I am not a roy apologist by any stretch. Not even close.

Who leads the league in horsecollar penalties? I dont know, should I?

I am curious what excuse I gave for him, I simply said blaming this loss on him is off, way off.

I suggest you rewatch the game and check where people are lining up and how the offense lines up.

Oh and why not blame greg ellis. He was half a step from sacking mcnabb and forcing the punt. If he could get sacks when we really need them maybe we win today, right? I mean he is as guilty as any of the other 11 on that last play. If he did his job and hit the quarterback they punt.

It doesnt matter, I cant believe I allowed myself to be pulled offsides on this ridiculous topic.

I just hope if roy is suspended this week, and I think he should be, that everyone pay close attention to keith davis when the ball is in the air. I love keith on special teams, but safety...look out.

TEK2000

Reaction score
I keep looking at that play and just laugh that Roy is the only one getting blamed.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;1838874 said:
LOL, he may not be, but for a moment he was singing the apologists sweet song.

A simple question for you Cowboyz88.

Who is Keith Davis suppose to cover on the play?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
TEK2000;1838975 said:
A simple question for you Cowboyz88.

Who is Keith Davis suppose to cover on the play?

Dude, I know he split the deep safeties (btw, isn't Roy supposed to be a all-world SAFETY? LOL. Guess that's for another thread). No doubt about it.

It's not 100% Roy's fault, but to hear all you guys spin it, Roy is the only one who didn't screw up on the play.

To absolve Roy of any responsibility on this play (and the next one) is a joke.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;1838995 said:
Dude, I know he split the deep safeties (btw, isn't Roy supposed to be a all-world SAFTEY? LOL. Guess that's for another thread). No doubt about it.

It's not 100% Roy's fault, but to hear all you guys spin it, Roy is the only one who didn't screw up on the play.

To absolve Roy of any responsibility on this play (and the next one) is a joke.

Where has anyone said Roy had no responsibility on that play?

Perhaps that's the issue... you're "reading" things that people aren't saying.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
TEK2000;1838935 said:
I keep looking at that play and just laugh that Roy is the only one getting blamed.

I agree, McNabb took the lower percentage throw and made a great play. I guarantee there would be threads blaming Roy if he had completed the pass to the underneath WR. We would be hearing things like, "He's got to know down and distance, It's 3rd and 9, you have deep help and you can't get distracted by the TE 30 yards down the field!" It was the perfect play call for the defense we were in, the only thing that would have changed things is if we could have brought some pressure.