Video: Jackie Battle may have "it"

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1530267 said:
Who cares man?

where did our starting QB come from?

how about T Owens?

people can rise from small schools and be good so that excuse sucks.....and the video if you watched it....it showed that he has good speed and great power but your to busy bashing the idea that he could be good.

Yada Yada, heard it all before. He seems more like a career back up to me. But whatever, they don't pay me to scout.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
cobra;1530293 said:
Why do highlight films consistently have the worst music I have ever heard?

I must be getting too old.

Nah, im a youngin and i thought it sucked to

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I hope he has it, and all fans should. Never root against one of your own unless he's proven he doesn't have it.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Clove;1530332 said:
I hope he has it, and all fans should. Never root against one of your own unless he's proven he doesn't have it.

He's not one of ours, untill he makes it through TC. Until then we hold the right to root against who we want to ;)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
dargonking999;1530335 said:
He's not one of ours, untill he makes it through TC. Until then we hold the right to root against who we want to ;)
You can root against who you want to, it's your right. I just like to give every new member a fair opportunity and a glass half full attitude, if all of our drafties make the squad and run off other guys on the team, I'm all for it. Anything to make this team better and get to the SB, I'm for it. ;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If given a real chance he has the ability to beat out Thompson. At least Battle has some wiggle and doesn't just run straight ahead.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Battle is a change of pace back.

Barber is basically the same running back except smaller and therefore not going to be as durable considering the hits he is going to take inside. Barber is great at what he does but he is going to wear down... Battle is much larger; I would like to have him on the roster and hopefully take over Barbers' backup role.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1530188 said:
I know that they where talking about him tonight again and talked about that how in college he hated special teams and balked at it. They even said if he wants to make it in the Pro's he going to have to make a roster on special teams

Just putting out the info I heard about him here in Houston

Playing for money changes a person's priorities. If this guy looks good the first week of camp, The coaches will hide him and try to sneak him to the practice squad.`

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Clove;1530336 said:
You can root against who you want to, it's your right. I just like to give every new member a fair opportunity and a glass half full attitude, if all of our drafties make the squad and run off other guys on the team, I'm all for it. Anything to make this team better and get to the SB, I'm for it. ;)

If our drafties make the squad and run off the other guys on the team, then it means those other guys sucked, and we're gonna have some serious issues going on ;)

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
He's never played a down in the NFL and already he's a bum with a bad attitude. Is the offseason over yet?:banghead:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Battle wrestle the spot from TT. If he's better. I wouldn't mind it if Coleman was another Meggett. Or that TT developed some wiggle. Let it be a tough decision for them or make them have to hide someone on the PS. Better for us they all do well.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1530267 said:
Who cares man?

where did our starting QB come from?

how about T Owens?

people can rise from small schools and be good so that excuse sucks.....and the video if you watched it....it showed that he has good speed and great power but your to busy bashing the idea that he could be good.
And DeMarcus Ware?
And Patrick Crayton?
And Anthony Henry?

I agree, Who cares?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
5mics;1530448 said:
And DeMarcus Ware?
And Patrick Crayton?
And Anthony Henry?

I agree, Who cares?

Alot of people care, thats why Miami, and LSU, and Texas are always the top teams that get there players drafted in the First round.

If this kid was so great, many other teams would have drafted him, but they didn't. He might succeed who knows. But right now, i don't think anyone who was undrafted can have "it". When he gets into TC we will see how much "it" he has. Until then sorry if i don't droll over this guy. The word Fodder is written on his forehead in my eyes

superpunk

Reaction score
dargonking999;1530488 said:
Alot of people care, thats why Miami, and LSU, and Texas are always the top teams that get there players drafted in the First round.

If this kid was so great, many other teams would have drafted him, but they didn't. He might succeed who knows. But right now, i don't think anyone who was undrafted can have "it". When he gets into TC we will see how much "it" he has. Until then sorry if i don't droll over this guy. The word Fodder is written on his forehead in my eyes

That settles it. He was undrafted. He is fodder.

It's not like we've got an undrafted QB, undrafted WRs, produced undrafted LBs, or anything like that.

Seems like Battle robbed you of your hard-earned lunch money.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
superpunk;1530492 said:
That settles it. He was undrafted. He is fodder.

It's not like we've got an undrafted QB, undrafted WRs, produced undrafted LBs, or anything like that.

Seems like Battle robbed you of your hard-earned lunch money.

So what? because what we've done it before, that means that every undrafted person that comes in, is gonna do the same? Please, don't hand me that. Until he proves something to me in TC he is fodder. Now if TC comes around and performs great, then my opinion of him will change. But as of right now, he like all the rest of the UDFA's are fodder.

You can joke all day and night, but some little poorly put together highlight video, is not gonna make me say "OMGZORZ!!!!!! ITS THE NEXT EMMITT SMITH!!!! HE HAS "IT"!!!!!

I'll wait till he actaully puts some pads on against some real men.

superpunk

Reaction score
dargonking999;1530502 said:
So what? because what we've done it before, that means that every undrafted person that comes in, is gonna do the same? Please, don't hand me that.
I didn't hand you that. I didn't even imply that. You inferred that, and then declared it ridiculous.

Hmmmmm.....

You can joke all day and night, but some little poorly put together highlight video, is not gonna make me say "OMGZORZ!!!!!! ITS THE NEXT EMMITT SMITH!!!! HE HAS "IT"!!!!!

I'll wait till he actaully puts some pads on against some real men.

You're being ridiculous.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
superpunk;1530503 said:
I didn't hand you that. I didn't even imply that. You inferred that, and then declared it ridiculous.

Hmmmmm.....

i quoted you but i was talking to those that have been arguing with me. Sorry for the implication

superpunk;1530503 said:
You're being ridiculous.

So was the one who said Battle has "it"

I fight fire with fire my friend

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1530188 said:
I know that they where talking about him tonight again and talked about that how in college he hated special teams and balked at it. They even said if he wants to make it in the Pro's he going to have to make a roster on special teams

Just putting out the info I heard about him here in Houston

Playing for money changes a person's priorities. If this guy looks good the first week of camp, the coaches will hide him and try to sneak him to the practice squad.`He just might be a great backup for MBIII

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1530337 said:
If given a real chance he has the ability to beat out Thompson. At least Battle has some wiggle and doesn't just run straight ahead.

Battle looks even stiffer than Thompson, and he runs way too upright.

I'm much more interested in Alonzo Coleman. I was pretty shocked he didn't get drafted. Although, I seem to recall he got the biggest signing bonus out of all of Dallas' UDFAs

Kangaroo

Reaction score
FLcowboy;1530506 said:
Playing for money changes a person's priorities. If this guy looks good the first week of camp, the coaches will hide him and try to sneak him to the practice squad.`He just might be a great backup for MBIII

You say that yet we see guys get fat and lazy even with a lot of money on the table Jamar Toombs is a guy that lost millions ate himself out of being drafted

So I never buy that while it is about money now. If that was the only driving force we would not have guys smoking; eating and everything else that kills career yet we see it all the time.

Now do not read more into that than I wrote; I am not saying he will not do special teams and stuff. We have no clue until camp starts on what he is going to do.

Is it a red flag ? yes does that make him an automatic loser ? no.; but that may be some of the insight why the kid was undrafted.

Now it is up to him to earn a spot nothing more nothing less