Video: McCluster vs Arenas - Play of the Day!

thssanders

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3257157 said:
Exactly.

And he's coached by Houston Nutt, so Jerry can get the real inside scoop on his work ethic, personality, everything.

McCluster's next stop is the NFL, where his speed and versatility could have him playing a variety of roles. "I'm that close to my dream," McCluster said. "All I care about is playing in the NFL. I don't care where I play because I'm going to give it 110 percent."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1137461

Sounds like he will be a hard worker

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3256999 said:
McCluster is my guy. Forget how small he is -- he's just a big play machine. He did it every week in the best conference in the country.

YUP definitely a pet cat of mine

brickman

Reaction score
thssanders;3257166 said:
McCluster's next stop is the NFL, where his speed and versatility could have him playing a variety of roles. "I'm that close to my dream," McCluster said. "All I care about is playing in the NFL. I don't care where I play because I'm going to give it 110 percent."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1137461

Sounds like he will be a hard worker

That's my kind of player. A guy who cares!

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Man I played CB and people think it is easy, but it is hard to get your head around to look for the ball, if Arenas gets his head around I think he has a chance to make a play on the ball. That is why Revis and even Jenkins are good becuase they can get their head around and locate the ball.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3256868 said:
[youtube]J2lbtwVEAes[/youtube]
----------------------------

McCluster is going to be an exciting player in the NFL. He's crisp in everythng he does and his speed is something he keeps when changing direction.

He reminds me of a mini Reggie Bush.

Tebow is getting bad reviews on just about everything but his deep throws.

At 165lbs, he isn't useful at the NFL level. The second a defender touches him, he will go flying at that weight. The question is, will he still have that speed once he actually gains the muscle he needs. (at least the 185/190lbs range)

Gaede

Reaction score
I like McCluster. The one time I watched his team play, he stood out like a sore thumb. Don't know where he's gonna go in the draft, but I would love it if we picked him up.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
but it's just practice--practice, we're talking about practice, not a game, practice

thssanders

Reaction score
He was actually a very tough player to get down in college.... very physical runner for his size. And he carried it alot each game so he can take the hits

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
nyc;3257374 said:
At 165lbs, he isn't useful at the NFL level. The second a defender touches him, he will go flying at that weight.
Just like Desean Jackson, I guess.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3257484 said:
Just like Desean Jackson, I guess.

Exceptions occur. Even Jackson's success surprised me. Although, this kid isn't in the same league as Desean Jackson talent wise so the point is moot.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
nyc;3257492 said:
Exceptions occur. Even Jackson's success surprised me. Although, this kid isn't in the same league as Desean Jackson talent wise so the point is moot.

LOL. I can tell you haven't watched him at all.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3257495 said:
LOL. I can tell you haven't watched him at all.

You're kidding right? I KNOW you aren't comparing this kid to Desean Jackson. You're an absolute fool if you are. Desean has far more talent. This kid doesn't even have a return game and probably isn't even as fast as Jackson. He doesn't run routes as well either.

Gaede

Reaction score
nyc;3257504 said:
You're kidding right? I KNOW you aren't comparing this kid to Desean Jackson. You're an absolute fool if you are. Desean has far more talent. This kid doesn't even have a return game and probably isn't even as fast as Jackson. He doesn't run routes as well either.

hahaha it's so easy to say that Desean has more talent when he's already succeeded in the NFL. Coming out of college, people were saying the same old thing. Too small. Would not get off the press. Would get hurt all the time. There was a whole lot less concern over his head than there was over his frame

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
nyc;3257374 said:
At 165lbs, he isn't useful at the NFL level. The second a defender touches him, he will go flying at that weight. The question is, will he still have that speed once he actually gains the muscle he needs. (at least the 185/190lbs range)

I disagree. He needs to put on some size, sure, but not a ton unless you're planning to use him as your #1 WR. A guy like that, with his versatility, can be moved around and used all over the place and used effectively.

I like what this kid could bring to the table with the right team.

The Realist;3257493 said:
My problem with McCluster is he gives you nothing in the return game.

I think that is incorrect. He's returned kicks before and did a real solid job of it they just stopped using him on it because be become so valuable to the offense.

On the right team, like here if he could be had late in the 2nd round (Which I dont see happening), he wouldn't have to be THE offense so you could use him on offense, in multiple roles, and he could give you some return abilities as well.

nyc;3257504 said:

I'm willing to bet he'll be every bit as fast as DeSean. Coming out of college DeSean had the exact same question marks, regarding size, as this kid does and one of the concerns, as well, about Jackson was whether he was a one year wonder in college cause he'd only produced 1 season while there.

And runs routes well? You realise that one of the biggest issues with DeSean is that he doesn't run enough routes well, right? He's an over the top, or crossing pattern guy, or he doesn't do much for you. It's one of the reasons it was so easy for Dallas to take him out of the game cause that kid isn't beating people on hooks, curls, outs, slants, and what not. He either burns you deep, or by running deep crossing patterns, or he doesn't really do much against you.

So lets not act like DeSean is the new Jerry Rice of running pass patterns cause he's not.

Reaction score
nyc;3257504 said:

no buddy, YOU are fool for saying jackson has far more talent. You clearly haven't watched the kid play. When he became the starter his junior and senior year he put up 1000 + rushing yards and 500+ receiving yards both years. They are about the same speed but Dexter runs much harder, and gets at top speed in a second. He doesn't run routes well because HE'S A RUNNING BACK, not a receiver. Good luck trying to cover him in the slot. On top of the Jackson is one of the poorest route runners in the league. Im not questioning his talent, but Mccluster has much more to offer. He also has great character unlike Jackson

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3257592 said:
no buddy, YOU are fool for saying jackson has far more talent. You clearly haven't watched the kid play. When he became the starter his junior and senior year he put up 1000 + rushing yards and 500+ receiving yards both years. They are about the same speed but Dexter runs much harder, and gets at top speed in a second. He doesn't run routes well because HE'S A RUNNING BACK, not a receiver. Good luck trying to cover him in the slot.

We will revisit this at the end of next season.