Video: McCluster vs Arenas - Play of the Day!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Realist;3257609 said:

Like every year, someone gets a major ***** for some guy and all the sudden this far underweight guys is the best thing since Barry Sanders.

People are already trying to compare him to Desean Jackson and there is no freaking way this guy sees the 1st round and would be absolutely lucky to see the bottom half of the second round.

He is a running back that people think will convert to a WR. (WAY TO freaking small for a RB) WR usually take the longest time to develop. Especially if they are converting from a different position. Combine that with the fact that he is 165lbs. These people are dreaming.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;3257640 said:
Like every year, someone gets a major ***** for some guy and all the sudden this far underweight guys is the best thing since Barry Sanders.

People are already trying to compare him to Desean Jackson and there is no freaking way this guy sees the 1st round and would be absolutely lucky to see the bottom half of the second round.

He is a running back that people think will convert to a WR. (WAY TO freaking small for a RB) WR usually take the longest time to develop. Especially if they are converting from a different position. Combine that with the fact that he is 165lbs. These people are dreaming.
And just like every year, there has to be someone that overreacts to someone else claiming to like a prospect.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;3257653 said:
And just like every year, there has to be someone that overreacts to someone else claiming to like a prospect.

Always back for a beating I see. Hows your picks look this year Mr Kiper?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
nyc;3257640 said:

Holy over-reaction. No one ever said he's the best thing since Barry Sanders or even indicated anything of that nature.

And, again, the exact same things were said about Jackson when he was coming out cause of his size and he's a real good threat.

Will this kid be? Maybe. Maybe not. But people can't just say "No he won't" and act like they're some sort of authority on it. If you, or I, were so darn good at being 'right' about talent from year to year we wouldn't be sitting here discussing it on a message board. We'd be getting paid to do it.

And something tells me, I don't know why, but I doubt you thought DeSean Jackson would get it done in the NFL either, before seeing what he's done. You probably dismissed any shot he had prior to the draft.

I mean I'll admit I didn't think he'd get it done cause I figured people would be drafting him to be their main WR and I just didn't think he would be able to do that. I've been proven wrong.

But I dont think, with this kid, it's about drafting the kid to be the #1 option at WR. I think he'll get drafted to be moved around, and used in different ways, and I think that kind of thing can work for him.

I'm not even saying I want Dallas to take him. I've been very clear, for months, that what I want most this year is a playmaking FS and O-Line help.

So stop over-reacting like your some sort of scouting genius cause you're about as good at it as most of the rest of the folks here.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3257659 said:
Holy over-reaction. No one ever said he's the best thing since Barry Sanders or even indicated anything of that nature.

And, again, the exact same things were said about Jackson when he was coming out cause of his size and he's a real good threat.

Will this kid be? Maybe. Maybe not. But people can't just say "No he won't" and act like they're some sort of authority on it. If you, or I, were so darn good at being 'right' about talent from year to year we wouldn't be sitting here discussing it on a message board. We'd be getting paid to do it.

And something tells me, I don't know why, but I doubt you thought DeSean Jackson would get it done in the NFL either, before seeing what he's done. You probably dismissed any shot he had prior to the draft.

I mean I'll admit I didn't think he'd get it done cause I figured people would be drafting him to be their main WR and I just didn't think he would be able to do that. I've been proven wrong.

But I dont think, with this kid, it's about drafting the kid to be the #1 option at WR. I think he'll get drafted to be moved around, and used in different ways, and I think that kind of thing can work for him.

I'm not even saying I want Dallas to take him. I've been very clear, for months, that what I want most this year is a playmaking FS and O-Line help.

So stop over-reacting like your some sort of scouting genius cause you're about as good at it as most of the rest of the folks here.

I am the authority. Hell, I'm King, I Rule, I'm the ****ing President! :laugh2:

Reaction score
nyc;3257640 said:

do you mind quoting where anyone here said he' the next Barry Sanders ? You're a clown brother. No one here is comparing him to Desean Jackson, although he does have a much deeper skill set. And he won't be just a slot Wr in the NFL although he is more then capable of doing that. He's going to be all over the place, moved around. And your knocking him on his abilities as a RB ? 6.5 YPC in the best conference in the country is pretty bad if you ask me..who's dreaming ?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3257703 said:
do you mind quoting where anyone here said he' the next Barry Sanders ? You're a clown brother. No one here is comparing him to Desean Jackson, although he does have a much deeper skill set. And he won't be just a slot Wr in the NFL although he is more then capable of doing that. He's going to be all over the place, moved around. And your knocking him on his abilities as a RB ? 6.5 YPC in the best conference in the country is pretty bad if you ask me..who's dreaming ?

I'm guessing you didn't read this thread. :rolleyes: He damn well was compared to Desean Jackson.

This kid will be lucky if he sees a snap in the regular season next season.

You must be an ole miss fan if you think he has a deeper skill set than Jackson. Either that, or you're high.

Reaction score
nyc;3257706 said:
I'm guessing you didn't read this thread. :rolleyes: He damn well was compared to Desean Jackson.

This kid will be lucky if he sees a snap in the regular season next season.

You must be an ole miss fan if you think he has a deeper skill set than Jackson. Either that, or you're high.

The only comparison someone has made to Jackson is because you knocked him on his size and someone brought up Jackson and compared there size. Which is true, you were probably one of the degenerates who knocked Jackson on his size and now that he's had a decent career your on the bandwagon. And I'm the farthest thing from an Ole Miss fan, and trust me I'm not high and I know talent when I see it..and Mccluster to Jackson is like night and day, take away his PR abilities and the fly Jackson is a no body.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3257728 said:
The only comparison someone has made to Jackson is because you knocked him on his size and someone brought up Jackson and compared there size. Which is true, you were probably one of the degenerates who knocked Jackson on his size and now that he's had a decent career your on the bandwagon. And I'm the farthest thing from an Ole Miss fan, and trust me I'm not high and I know talent when I see it..and Mccluster to Jackson is like night and day, take away his PR abilities and the fly Jackson is a no body.

Obviously you ARE an extreme Ole Miss fanboy. (or at least you have your head in McCluster's ***) Desean Jackson was only the biggest big play threat last year as a WR along with 1,100+ yards and 9TD on top of the huge return threat. There is zero point in arguing with you about this.

Reaction score
nyc;3257760 said:
Obviously you ARE an extreme Ole Miss fanboy. (or at least you have your head in McCluster's ***) Desean Jackson was only the biggest big play threat last year as a WR along with 1,100+ yards and 9TD on top of the huge return threat. There is zero point in arguing with you about this.

no, there isn't because you have no clue what you're talking about. I've been scouting for 15 years and a prospect like mccluster rarely comes along. I'm the farthest thing from an Ole miss fun buddy, and for you to say Desean Jackson was the only big play threat last year it just shows how uneducated you are about the game of football, cracks me up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3257793 said:
no, there isn't because you have no clue what you're talking about. I've been scouting for 15 years and a prospect like mccluster rarely comes along. I'm the farthest thing from an Ole miss fun buddy, and for you to say Desean Jackson was the only big play threat last year it just shows how uneducated you are about the game of football, cracks me up.

You're probably 15 years old.

You've been identified as a Blowhard

Blowhard feels the need to present his credentials before entering the fray - even if they are irrelevant to the discussion. For example, in a movie forum conflict he might attempt to settle the matter by saying, "As a Ph. D. candidate in particle physics I believe I can say with some authority that the 'Beavis and Butthead' movie represents the emergence of a new cultural paradigm." Huh?​

blowhard.jpg

Reaction score
nyc;3257863 said:
You're probably 15 years old.

You've been identified as a Blowhard

Blowhard feels the need to present his credentials before entering the fray - even if they are irrelevant to the discussion. For example, in a movie forum conflict he might attempt to settle the matter by saying, "As a Ph. D. candidate in particle physics I believe I can say with some authority that the 'Beavis and Butthead' movie represents the emergence of a new cultural paradigm." Huh?​

blowhard.jpg

and you've been identified as a degenerate, who knows nothing about the game of football, a very uneducated individual who still probably lives with his mother, ahh the life. I also find it amusing that you have nothing to say to all the points I make, just insults a 5 year old could up with, ahh brother
http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/degenerate

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I also like Arenas a lot. I've seen a lot of him and he would be a great nickle corner and a great return man. We've needed an exciting returner for a long time.

He's just a great all-around player who is well coached and ready for the pro game.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
SDogo;3256972 said:
Yup, Flashy, sexy, pretty, fast and shiny.

What we need is ugly, mean, narly and mobile. Build me the front 5 first.

I nice car body is worthless unless you have the power under the hood. Football is won and lost up front.

Don't look now, but your sig is filled with "Flashy, sexy, pretty, fast and shiny."

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
nyc;3257504 said:
You're kidding right? I KNOW you aren't comparing this kid to Desean Jackson. You're an absolute fool if you are. Desean has far more talent. This kid doesn't even have a return game and probably isn't even as fast as Jackson. He doesn't run routes as well either.

nyc pre-2008 draft
Leave Jackson out because he sucks. I'm open to drafting Sweed. The guy played at Texas. A team that isn't known to produce prolific passing QBs.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1986525&highlight=jackson#post1986525

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
L-O-Jete;3258008 said:
Don't look now, but your sig is filled with "Flashy, sexy, pretty, fast and shiny."

OT, DE and OC

3 out of 6 picks? 1st round pick being used on a OT?

FS Robert Johnson who does not have blazing speed but is a playmaker. Nice try.....

Also, this is my current mock, just never updated my sig.........even less "Flashy, ext, pretty and shiny" http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176764