Video of Larry Allen jobbin Cortez inside:

dallasblue05

Reaction score
that was completely uncalled for. LA needs to really give it up to Cortez for that. I think the team should impose a small punishment, LA needs to think more about his actions on the field. Completely undeserved if you ask me!!

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
get off your highhorse Dallasblue... you weren't there and you don't know what it's like to have your body runnin on 110% adrenaline in an NFL football game on national tv alright? give the guys (yes both) a break

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
That was a lil uncalled for.
Unless Cortez was mouthing off at Allen for some dumb reason.

Either way, Cortez must go.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Thanks for the video...too funny!

Oh man, Cortez needs to just swallow his pride and walk away. Larry is going to hurt the poor lad.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
*** that jose was mouthing off at someone. Look at his helmet bobbing up and down, and watch him pointing. then LA went up to him. good for LA we need more fire like that on this team. JOSE would rather blame others.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
LA really should not have done that. He was the one JAWIN Cortez. Cortez then was yelling it wasnt his fault. LA punching him like he did was really uncalled for. Talk about classless. I expect any man to stand up for himself if he feels he wasnt at fault. I dont care how big the other guy is. Turning around and taking it like a punk just makes you a #####.

I dont like Cortez but I feel LA should step up and appologize for his own actions. He was just trying to bully a kicker. Get real man. There is no room for that nonsense in football.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
I love seeing Larry Allen show some emotion. This team needs some vets to take more active leadership roles. Cortez deserved it........he pisses me off just looking at him. I think Larry told him that if he misses another field goal this season Larry will kill him.

k19

Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
that was completely uncalled for. LA needs to really give it up to Cortez for that. I think the team should impose a small punishment, LA needs to think more about his actions on the field. Completely undeserved if you ask me!!

Please tell me you are kidding/ LA FINALLY shows a little bit of leadership by "getting Cortez's attention" after he missed a kick and you are sayin he should give it up. How about Cortez gives it up to the team for missing a field goal AND a PAT in the last 2 games. He needs MORE actions like this on the field. If you are hungry to win you'll get emotional when someone screws up.

Props to LA for FINALLY standing up to someone for screwing up on the field

zagnut

Reaction score
Dallas said:
LA really should not have done that. He was the one JAWIN Cortez. Cortez then was yelling it wasnt his fault. LA punching him like he did was really uncalled for. Talk about classless. I expect any man to stand up for himself if he feels he wasnt at fault. I dont care how big the other guy is. Turning around and taking it like a punk just makes you a #####.

I dont like Cortez but I feel LA should step up and appologize for his own actions. He was just trying to bully a kicker. Get real man. There is no room for that nonsense in football.

That was a little extreme. According to the sideline reporter (Kristy Scales?) Larry apologized a few series later, probably when he found out what actually happened.

I'll say this though. Cortez has not really done anything so horrible that it should create that kind of reaction. Maybe there is more to Larry's reaction than the missed xp.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Let's assume that LA verbally expressed his frustration after the missed extra point. Cortez's defense- the jawing and arm waving- was WAY too animated. He's lucky LA didn't rip his arms off like corn-cob holders....

jlust22

Reaction score
I assume the next time Larry gets a holding call or misses a block, Bledsoe will just slap him upside the head.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
CowboyDan said:
I love seeing Larry Allen show some emotion. This team needs some vets to take more active leadership roles. Cortez deserved it........he pisses me off just looking at him. I think Larry told him that if he misses another field goal this season Larry will kill him.

.. I think Larry should have "knifed Him" then went looking for Cortez' grandmother and "do" her for the missed kick. It would have been great emotion and added to the team chemistry.

Hell, the o-line shold go looking for some baby with a Skins jersey on him/her and flay the kid open and paste the guts on the Mall at Washington!

Get real guys, emotions are high when there are mistakes in football, but hitting your own team mate on the field is classless and stupid. Football is game played among ADULTS, and you shouldn't lose your control.

Last year and the year before Larry Allen should have been castrated on the field in front of us fans for the fake injury routine he gave us and the Cowboys. How many times did he whiff on tackles that led to our losses? But we didn't call for other players to intimidate and deal on field punishment for his mistakes.

The punishment for mistakes is to dealt only by Parcells not other team mates. If you let this pervade the team you will have lynchings and people will not play for you.

Makes the Cowboys look "bush" league as far as I am concerned. If it bothers you Larry then open bigger holes so Julius can gain more yards. I noticed Larry wasn't overpowering too many towards the end of game.

Leave the personnel criticism to the coach it's his job. Yours is to focus on yours on the field.

Enuff said, let's get some semblance of maturity back to this team and it's fans.

Brave

Reaction score
Even with the bad snap, Cortez should have hit the PAT. However, I'm not sure that's the reaction you want to see from within your own team.

I wonder ... if LA had missed a block and given up a key sack, would he feel that type of reaction from another teamate was OK?