Video of Manuel Wright Crying!

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
Look at his stomach. Looks like a bowl of jello. He is a wuss, i feel no pity for him and his lardness.

Considering his lardness got him into the NFL, something none of us here can claim to be especially you im sure, Im not trying to be rude here or anything but dont make fun of someone who obviously has put work in to be in the NFL, you can't go solely on talent and not put in effort and still make it to the pros. So go back to worrrying about your own kids or something and stop making stupid remarks about somebody else who is obviously not too lazy to work his way into the position he is now, which is a DT on a proffesional football team making enough money to make all of us drool.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Everyone should back off this kid - the Dolphins drafted this kid knowing that he had issues with poor work ethic and immaturity. He was drafted on potential - potential that Saban is trying to tap into. He has probably decided the best way to get to Wright is to put some fear into him and get on his azz. Maybe it'll work and maybe it won't.

I do think it is shameless that:

1. The media has blown this way out of proportion

2. Some people seem to be taking perverse pleasure in watching a 21-year old man possibly cry after being chewed out by a tough SOB (in a good way) in Saban.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
Considering his lardness got him into the NFL, something none of us here can claim to be especially you im sure, Im not trying to be rude here or anything but dont make fun of someone who obviously has put work in to be in the NFL, you can't go solely on talent and not put in effort and still make it to the pros. So go back to worrrying about your own kids or something and stop making stupid remarks about somebody else who is obviously not too lazy to work his way into the position he is now, which is a DT on a proffesional football team making enough money to make all of us drool.

I'm an Art Director, so i am happy with where i am in life, thank you. And when i have been chewed out, i don't cry like a whinny sissy baby, i'm a man...a grown up. And i don't drul over money someone else makes...that's silly. :cool:

Nav22

Reaction score
"He cried, so what??? It's not a big deal!"

Nobody thinks it's a big deal because he's a DT taken in the supplemental draft. I guess it's okay for these guys to have the mental toughness of an 8 year old girl.

If this were Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers bawling and leaving practice just because they got chewed out...on their FIRST DAY OF NFL PRACTICE...the media/fans would be absolutely KILLING them. And rightfully so. Mental toughness is a HUGE factor when determining how a player's career will pan out, and that doesn't just go for QBs.

If this Wright guy is gonna be a big baby everytime he faces adversity, he won't last longer than 3 years. If Parcells were his coach instead of Saban, he'd have been on the ground kicking and screaming while soiling himself.

Hoov

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
I'm an Art Director, so i am happy with where i am in life, thank you. And when i have been chewed out, i don't cry like a whinny sissy baby, i'm a man...a grown up. And i don't drul over money someone else makes...that's silly. :cool:

I dont cry either, i just place a call to da boss and then send a check in the mail, within a few weeks the person, i mean situation is taken care of. :D

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the publicity this little incident is getting.

I guess the football media is tired of talking about the "mentally ill" Philly receiver.

Then, along comes this Fat Albert type, a big kid with a soft gut and an even softer disposition ... he makes a dumb mistake, Saban does what most coaches do, and it becomes a national story.

We've got a Zapruder-like film of the incident, showing the whole thing, frame-by-frame. It's not JFK rocking backwards in the limo ... just a big kid walking off the field with his head down and wiping his face.

USA Today will have a color graphic showing the percentage of players who cry, Jesse Jackson will step up and defend him, Bob Ley will do an Outside the Lines feature about it on ESPN, Oprah will have him on the show and comfort him with a hug, Geraldo will dig into the young man's background ....

Heck, Willie Blade's Alamodome blowout didn't get this much publicity and he released a lot more than tears.

Who knows what issues this kid has ... he may be dealing with something. Not everybody has Mike Ditka's personality. Maybe he's not cut out for the NFL. If that's the case, that's the Dolphins' mistake, not the young man's.

I feel sorry for him.

Hoov

Reaction score
Chief said:
I'm amazed at the publicity this little incident is getting.

I guess the football media is tired of talking about the "mentally ill" Philly receiver.

Then, along comes this Fat Albert type, a big kid with a soft gut and an even softer disposition ... he makes a dumb mistake, Saban does what most coaches do, and it becomes a national story.

We've got a Zapruder-like film of the incident, showing the whole thing, frame-by-frame. It's not JFK rocking backwards in the limo ... just a big kid walking off the field with his head down and wiping his face.

USA Today will have a color graphic showing the percentage of players who cry, Jesse Jackson will step up and defend him, Bob Ley will do an Outside the Lines feature about it on ESPN, Oprah will have him on the show and comfort him with a hug, Geraldo will dig into the young man's background ....

Heck, Willie Blade's Alamodome blowout didn't get this much publicity and he released a lot more than tears.

Who knows what issues this kid has ... he may be dealing with something. Not everybody has Mike Ditka's personality. Maybe he's not cut out for the NFL. If that's the case, that's the Dolphins' mistake, not the young man's.

I feel sorry for him.

Well, i dont feel sorry for him, but i'm not going to jump all over him either. If he were to join the military theyd be all over him too, and he'd probably cry there. Its just that way in these types of situations, the HC or the drill seargent has the authority to say whatever he wants to try to whip people into shape. Some people toughrn up and deal with it and some decide they dont want to. The kid will find out real soon if a life of football is for him or not and life will go on as usual, no big deal.

Ive been studying the martial arts for 2 years, our instructor gets real moody soemtimes and ive been the brunt occassionally, sometimes i deserved it for not following propper etiqute, sometimes i didnt deserve it, but you have no choice but to take it and move on from there. He does not want to hear any excuse at all, even if it is comepletely valid, or the criticism is totally unfair, doesn't matter. He says something to you, and you say Yes Sir, that is the only acceptable answer, it doesnt matter if you are right and he is wrong, its still Yes Sir.

One time i walked out of class so steaming mad after he chastised me in front of the class and i carried it around for a few days, but you can beleive i didnt make the same error again, and 2 weeks later he praised me for doing something good ....so sometimes you just have to take the sh#t and let it motivate you to work harder.

Ive also learned to take criticism in stride. I know when im giving it my all, i know when i'm screwing up, i know the difference to tell when ive done something stupid, or when Im in the right but catching flack anyway, so i take what people say with a grain most of the time.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:
Well, i dont feel sorry for him, but i'm not going to jump all over him either. If he were to join the military theyd be all over him too, and he'd probably cry there. Its just that way in these types of situations, the HC or the drill seargent has the authority to say whatever he wants to try to whip people into shape. Some people toughrn up and deal with it and some decide they dont want to. The kid will find out real soon if a life of football is for him or not and life will go on as usual, no big deal.
That's pretty much how I see it. It really isn't worth calling him out about that.

On the other hand, he looks extremely soft and ill-prepared to be in an NFL camp. Rookie or not, you would think if he thought he had any chance of being in an NFL camp when he applied for the supplemental draft, he'd look like he made more of an effort to hit the field running when camp started.

And how idiotic is it to go on the practice field without his pads during training camp. Is it possible one of the vets played a little trick on the rook and told him he didn't need it?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
And how idiotic is it to go on the practice field without his pads during training camp. Is it possible one of the vets played a little trick on the rook and told him he didn't need it?

That's just it. No one on here knows anything about the situation, other than it was on TV. Any number of things could've been the cause...though it isn't our business to try and figure out exactly what.

I have no doubt that countless rookies go through the same thing. We won't know, however, because those situations were never thrown around by the media.

Hoov

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
That's pretty much how I see it. It really isn't worth calling him out about that.

On the other hand, he looks extremely soft and ill-prepared to be in an NFL camp. Rookie or not, you would think if he thought he had any chance of being in an NFL camp when he applied for the supplemental draft, he'd look like he made more of an effort to hit the field running when camp started.

LOL, good point, it probably was a trick by one of the vets and he's probably overwhelmed with the whole exp. He'll likely get over it and come back motivated to impress the coach.

Nav22

Reaction score
He wasn't wearing pads because he had some minor back injury, I believe.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nav22 said:
He wasn't wearing pads because he had some minor back injury, I believe.
I knew about the back injury. Still, no one knows why Saban chewed him out. Mort said he was trying to sit out of practice without permission.

Dolphins | Wright Could Miss 1-2 Weeks
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:56:03 -0700

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins rookie DT Manuel Wright (back) likely will miss some practice time with a strained back. The injury could keep him out for a week or two. Wright, who missed the morning practice Wednesday, July 27, has also been asked to lose weight to improve his conditioning and relieve pressure on his back.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Let's See..... 8 weeks of Basic training to become the "Ultimate Weapon"... a U.S. Army infantry solidier..... with drill sergeants yelling at you, questioning your manhood almost hourly, and picking on any personal attribute you may have that might make you feel inadaquate, right after they shaved off all you hair, woke you up at 2:00 A.M. and kept you up all night scrubbing barracks floors with toothbrushes and constantly reminding you that your butt belongs to them because democracy ends at the front gate, all for subsistance wages....Or..........

Your a 21 year old star Offensive linemen from USC unprepared on your first day on the job embarking on a minimum six figure career and you showed up with a pot belly the size of a Volkwagen and a back problem(what a surprise). Well boo hoo hoo.

And shame on any posters defending this kid, time for everyone to apply real-world standards here. Good start for Saban. He got his asthma field boy the first day.

Eskimo

Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
Let's See..... 8 weeks of Basic training to become the "Ultimate Weapon"... a U.S. Army infantry solidier..... with drill sergeants yelling at you, questioning your manhood almost hourly, and picking on any personal attribute you may have that might make you feel inadaquate, right after they shaved off all you hair, woke you up at 2:00 A.M. and kept you up all night scrubbing barracks floors with toothbrushes and constantly reminding you that your butt belongs to them because democracy ends at the front gate, all for subsistance wages....Or..........

Your a 21 year old star Offensive linemen from USC unprepared on your first day on the job embarking on a minimum six figure career and you showed up with a pot belly the size of a Volkwagen and a back problem(what a surprise). Well boo hoo hoo.

And shame on any posters defending this kid, time for everyone to apply real-world standards here. Good start for Saban. He got his asthma field boy the first day.

Miami selected this guy knowing he was out of shape (he was at the supplemental draft workout), knowing that he had poor work ethic and knowing the kid may have some issues upstairs. They have gambled for a fifth rounder that Saban and the coaching staff can turn him into a productive NFL player - Saban is trying to whip him into shape both mentally and physically and the kid had a reaction.

The issue some of us have with it isn't that Saban made him cry or that he we are apologizing for him showing up out of shape. He will learn soon enough that the NFL is a cut-throat business and that he will have to become tougher physically and mentally if he is going to survive.

The issue is why is this being exploited in the national media and why are some people gloating about it?

Nav22

Reaction score
Post of the day. I completely agree, NorthDalal.

Hoov

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Miami selected this guy knowing he was out of shape (he was at the supplemental draft workout), knowing that he had poor work ethic and knowing the kid may have some issues upstairs. They have gambled for a fifth rounder that Saban and the coaching staff can turn him into a productive NFL player - Saban is trying to whip him into shape both mentally and physically and the kid had a reaction.

The issue some of us have with it isn't that Saban made him cry or that he we are apologizing for him showing up out of shape. He will learn soon enough that the NFL is a cut-throat business and that he will have to become tougher physically and mentally if he is going to survive.

The issue is why is this being exploited in the national media and why are some people gloating about it?

Because media is fueled by gettinga reaction out of people. So they dont care about reporting news anymore or even getting facts stright, just finding some event that they can elaborate on and expand to the point that it generates a reaction from the readers, viewers etc.

And we continue to post on this thread because we are bored. :)

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hoov said:
Because media is fueled by gettinga reaction out of people. So they dont care about reporting news anymore or even getting facts stright, just finding some event that they can elaborate on and expand to the point that it generates a reaction from the readers, viewers etc.

And we continue to post on this thread because we are bored. :)

I can understand's the reporter's POV for reporting it - it's their job to make headlines and he seems to have generated one.

I don't understand all the gloating about it on this board, though.

I guess TC will be here soon enough and we'll have something real to talk about here for the first time since the draft.