VIDEO: Roy Williams on the Best Damm Sports Show...

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
:
jdub2k4 said:
What is wrong with athletes giving thanks to the One that got them where they are?

bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo::thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

DBoys

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
What is wrong with athletes giving thanks to the One that got them where they are?

His comments had nothing to do with thanks but more to do with Roy using it to justify his statements.

A good example is Reggie White he use to preach all day long but after he quit football he admitted it was for the wrong reasons.

Cowboys Dad

Reaction score
Interesting dicotomy there. A man who flashes a known deeply christian man, Tom Landry, in his avatar and uses his words to form his signature attacks the "Great Commission" That Jesus came to proclaim! Irony or hypocrisy, you decide!

It is the role of all believers to use every opportunity to influence their sphere of influence to come to Christ. So do we expect our players to ignore their calling simply because the fans are non believers? I say not on your life. I wont even gratify those making half hearted jokes about the outcome of sporting events at the expense of God, but I do look forward to my eternity in the Kingdom of Heaven, my question is what about you? All things of this world are temperal, your eternity must always remain your priority, especially when you have the power of someone like Roy Williams to reach so many who cant find their way home.

As to Reggie White, to say that he "took back" his Praise for God after he left the field is to not understand the truth of what occurred. Reggie did not denounce his faith, nor did he stray from God. Reggie did something we ALL should do. He went to the Word of God and sought to understand what God meant for him to do. Even efforting to learn a new language to understand the scrolls and early writtings of those closest to Jesus. Reggie was on a crusade to be closer to God, not on a mission to detract from his creators kingdom!

DBoys

Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:
Interesting dicotomy there. A man who flashes a known deeply christian man, Tom Landry, in his avatar and uses his words to form his signature attacks the "Great Commission" That Jesus came to proclaim! Irony or hypocrisy, you decide!

To make a claim that Landry was a deeply Christian man only shows your ignorance. Not because he was or was not but because you didn't walk with him so you make a pretty bold statement on something you know nothing about. You base your conclusions on word of mouth or what others say or what you saw on TV. I am not dissing Landry I love the guy and respect him I am just making a point that you have no proof or way of validating your claim only God does. Yet most feel as if they are justified in passing judgment on people irony or hypocrisy, you decide!

Cowboys Dad said:
It is the role of all believers to use every opportunity to influence their sphere of influence to come to Christ. So do we expect our players to ignore their calling simply because the fans are non believers? I say not on your life. I wont even gratify those making half hearted jokes about the outcome of sporting events at the expense of God, but I do look forward to my eternity in the Kingdom of Heaven, my question is what about you? All things of this world are temperal, your eternity must always remain your priority, especially when you have the power of someone like Roy Williams to reach so many who cant find their way home.

Why do you pass judgement on me when it is written not too irony or hypocrisy, you decide!

Cowboys Dad said:
As to Reggie White, to say that he "took back" his Praise for God after he left the field is to not understand the truth of what occurred. Reggie did not denounce his faith, nor did he stray from God. Reggie did something we ALL should do. He went to the Word of God and sought to understand what God meant for him to do. Even efforting to learn a new language to understand the scrolls and early writtings of those closest to Jesus. Reggie was on a crusade to be closer to God, not on a mission to detract from his creators kingdom!

Now your lying and spinning what I said. I said Reggie did it for the wrong reasons and that was from his own lips. Yes, Reggie did find the truth but it also cost those around him including his so called religion. He lost the churchianity but found something so much better.

juck

Reaction score
I could care less if T.O and RW go and worship gods,statues,frogs,people,trees,etc....whatever gives them inspiration to win.;)

DBoys

Reaction score
juckie said:
I could care less if T.O and RW go and worship gods,statues,frogs,people,trees,etc....whatever gives them inspiration to win.;)

:bow:

juck

Reaction score
IMO,the situation i see is that many people need inspiration in their life,in comes religion.the problem is they usually jump on the most popular one around them.they dont open their spirituality to other religions or avenues for inspiration.There is many avenues for spirituality and inspiration in this life,man made religions arent always the answer,to each is own,as long as u love urself and others.and of course win football games,lol.:)

royhitshard

Reaction score
When did this become a religious forum? The thread was about Roy and Strahan, not about what God has done for us lately. Personally, I think he needs to pay more attention and clean up his act.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
hardcorebob said:
I love that quote by Strahan, "With the size of that melon (RW melon that is), I'd rather be hit by Strahan." ROFLMAO That made my day....

ROFTL!

Just reading that comment made be bust (is that burst) into laughter.

But was he saying he'd rather be hit by himself? :confused:

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
That wont make a bit of difference unless el dorado is receptive to the message. God teaches us to put other before ourselves, el dorado aint having no part of that. Will be a waste of Roys time and gas hauling this POS to church.

Great attitude....

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:

Great post.

I'm struggling a little with some of this. I came to the lord about 11 months ago. "Being a Christian is not an easy life, but it is a blessed life". I can't remember where I read that, but it has stuck with me. One of the toughest things for me is sharing my belief with non-believers. People have a hard time with things they don't understand. It is our mission to bring others to the lord and to share his word....not leave those un-informed, and to say anyone is not worth it is just plain sad.

I thought I heard that TO is a Christian.....doesn't mean he's perfect....only ONE is.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Rodney Pete when asked who he would rather be hit by Strahan or Roy said without hesitation Strahan. "I been hit by strahan so I say Strahan everyday of the week. I dont wanna get hit by this guy (Roy) I am still walking and I been hit by Strahan"

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Rodney Pete when asked who he would rather be hit by Strahan or Roy said without hesitation Strahan. "I been hit by strahan so I say Strahan everyday of the week. I dont wanna get hit by this guy (Roy) I am still walking and I been hit by Strahan"
Yeah! Strahan looked pissed as all get out too, even when he came back with the "melon" comment.:laugh2:

I still think that Roy wanted to rip his head off though.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Great video. No wonder Kelly kicked Roy to the curb ... sacking QB is better than sex:eek: Just joking. Roy is so sweet.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Roy: We're gonna give the Giants a run for their money. We are pretty stout.

Interview: Wait. Who's the favorite?

Roy: We're the favorite man!

Strahan: They're the favorite in Dallas, that's about it!

Roy: We split, didn't we?

Strahan: Yeah we...

Roy: ...Okay, thank you!

Strahan: But we won the division.

Roy: Y'all did and I'm happy for you. But didn't you lose the first round?

:lmao2:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
The fact that half of the posts in this thread talk about religion just goes to show ya how much Roy Williams and Michael Strahan will put the fear of god into any QB. :p: