Video: Sheriff Goodell talks Pacman Jones - 11/18/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]DWvBavg8bBg[/youtube]
---------------------------------------

I don't think Goodell is going to let him come back this season.

eastcoastfan

Reaction score
Hmmm I didnt here anything that would make you think he would not from that interview though.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
it sounds like he's gonna give him 1 more shot and if he screws up he's finished in the NFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage;2428709 said:
it sounds like he's gonna give him 1 more shot and if he screws up he's finished in the NFL.

As it should be.

If he has done all that the league has asked during his 4 week suspension, he should be reinstated.

If he hasn't, he shouldn't.

And if he ever screws up again - in any way - he should be banned from the league.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
YoMick;2428693 said:
At the 1:11 mark.... "who's your daddy?"...... "Roger Goodell :laugh2:

Lol. And the funny part was that you actually weren't kidding..

Nav22

Reaction score
Pacman will be reinstated this week, or next week at the very latest.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
eastcoastfan;2428685 said:
Hmmm I didnt here anything that would make you think he would not from that interview though.

Umm...

Hates having to hear about players acting like that off the field.

Players being held accountable for their actions.

The actions of a few are a distraction.

He has to understand that there is a certain standard for all players.

Now the only thing that tells me he may let him back is that he said he would be basing most of the decision on the medical staff evaluations.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2428732 said:
Umm...

Hates having to hear about players acting like that off the field.

Players being held accountable for their actions.

The actions of a few are a distraction.

He has to understand that there is a certain standard for all players.

Now the only thing that tells me he may let him back is that he said he would be basing most of the decision on the medical staff evaluations.

Again, if Pacman did what was required, how could Goodell not reinstate him?

I mean why give terms for reinstatement if - upon meeting those terms - there won't be a reinstatement?

Goodell made the rules and he's just as responsible to stick by them as the players.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2428722 said:
Lol. And the funny part was that you actually weren't kidding..

did you listen to the "teach your children well" part... who sings that song? CSN

Nav22;2428728 said:
Pacman will be reinstated this week, or next week at the very latest.

"[strike]Hyman Roth[/strike]...errr... Adam Jones wont make it to the New Year"

2much2soon

Reaction score
I didn't hear anything that made me think he won't re-instate him, which is sort of a surprise to me.
He said he was basing his decision on what the medical people who have been examining Pacman tell him.
I don't know anything about alcohol rehab but 30 days to determine he doesn't have a drinking problem? I imagine there was a heckuva lot more going on than determining if he has a drinking problem.
I'd bet a bunch of shrinks worked him over to see if his immaturity problems and propensity for crime can be cured. And thats what Goodell wants to know.

Nav22

Reaction score
The "only thing"? That's everything.

He completed the treatment, and the medical staff said he doesn't have any alcohol issues. He'll be back this week or next.

2much2soon

Reaction score
YoMick;2428734 said:
"[strike]Hyman Roth[/strike]...errr... Adam Jones wont make it to the New Year"

Extra credit for the excellent reference.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I do think Adam Jones will be reinstated by the commish. I don't however see that decision this week. I really could see Goddell waiting until after the Seattle game to reinstate him.

sacase

Reaction score
if he is an alcoholic, I wonder if he will sue under the ADA like other players did. Not that I remember how their case turned out.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't see him waiting too long. AJ needs to be working or he will have a greater chance at getting into trouble. He also needs to be getting a paycheck. I don't think lightly of taking a man's work away from him.

Medically speaking, if he's working on his issues then he should be working. If he's in denial or not taking things seriously enough then he could be rocked a little harder. I see him being reinstated this week.

juck

Reaction score
He will be back this week,Goodell said medical evaulations and Pac is back and they released him saying all is well as far as rehab goes.I dont see where u get he wont be back its kinda obvious he will.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
stasheroo;2428717 said:
As it should be.

If he has done all that the league has asked during his 4 week suspension, he should be reinstated.

If he hasn't, he shouldn't.

And if he ever screws up again - in any way - he should be banned from the league.

Why wait? You know it's coming.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jobberone;2428770 said:
I don't see him waiting too long. AJ needs to be working or he will have a greater chance at getting into trouble. He also needs to be getting a paycheck. I don't think lightly of taking a man's work away from him.
Medically speaking, if he's working on his issues then he should be working. If he's in denial or not taking things seriously enough then he could be rocked a little harder. I see him being reinstated this week.

He took it away from himself..................

Function= paycheck

Refusal to abide by the simplest of rules(which should of been learned by the age of 6)= no paycheck.

Not understanding where you think something was taken form him. He gave it, or threw it rather, all away. For the umpteenth time.