Video: Sheriff Goodell talks Pacman Jones - 11/18/08

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thats not what i heard, reports are that they are saying now, that adam jones doesnt have drinking problems, at least thats what was on the cowboys zone site.

Goodell said, adam followed the doctors prescibed treatment etc, then that would go in a long way to determine whathappens, So, adam did follow those guidlelines. This was all based on the police report that adam did have a driinking problem, now its being said, that adam doesnt have a drinking problem. Just like jerry jones said there was no big deal, but the commissiner went on police reports, now if it is being said, he doesnt have that problem. And he followed doctors orders, then he followed the commissioners wishes, so he abode what goodell told him to do, so now, seems like to me, goodell doesnt have evidence to force an issue.

If you dont have evidence like you thought you did, then what else can you do? Seems like goodell will have to back down now, because if he forces the issue, and doctors say he doesnt have a drinking problem, then he went through treatment and suspension that wasnt called for. You have to be careful for that, because the players association can come back on you for grieveances and possible libal suit, etc.

so, seems like to me, now goodell has to back down.

while saying all of this, if the cowboys and goodell were to let adam jones back into the nfl. I would want this stipulation. That goodell will not enforce any kind of penalty for taking adam jones backtowards the cowboys by draft choices or money, and this is the last time, last chance that adam jones has to get back into th NFL, Adam jones signs a document that if he fails again, that he cant ever play in the nfl again, period, and no griveance will be filed against the cowboys or the nfl.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2428727 said:
Ugh. Keep this guy away from our team.

Throw the book at him, Roger!

I agree 110%, unfortunately,

Bodine's drooling...................

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Seven;2428863 said:
I agree 110%, unfortunately,

Bodine's drooling...................
Roger is a cowboy hating freaking disgrace. why did he not throw the book at Cocain Matt Jones, or DUI king Mckenzie of the Giants? this guy is tryng to hurt the cowboys anyway he can.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I love hearing people use phrases like 'one more chance' and 'one last chance', lol.

Those things remind of another phrase...

Broken record!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
lol DC, thats a good one, main thing i want, whether adam jones comes back or not,

if say adam does come back, i want stipulation that the commissioner wont tag the dallas cowboys with any draft picks or money if goodell does let him back into the nfl.

I want to keep all the draft picks we have for the 2009 draft, i dont want any penalities on the cowboys if adam does come back and messes up.

to me, this is on the commissioner now, because he went by the police report etc, and thought adam had a drinking problem, now the doctors say he doesnt, so now its on the commissioner, so the cowboys shouldnt be penalized if adam messes up again,

the cowboys werent the ones that suspended adam, was the commissioner, and now looks like goodell has egg all over his face,

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2428922 said:
lol DC, thats a good one, main thing i want, whether adam jones comes back or not,

if say adam does come back, i want stipulation that the commissioner wont tag the dallas cowboys with any draft picks or money if goodell does let him back into the nfl.

I want to keep all the draft picks we have for the 2009 draft, i dont want any penalities on the cowboys if adam does come back and messes up.

to me, this is on the commissioner now, because he went by the police report etc, and thought adam had a drinking problem, now the doctors say he doesnt, so now its on the commissioner, so the cowboys shouldnt be penalized if adam messes up again,

the cowboys werent the ones that suspended adam, was the commissioner, and now looks like goodell has egg all over his face,
Wake up people. this Jerk Goodell hates the cowboys. it's not about doing what's right. it's about doing whatever it takes to hurt Dallas.PERIOD!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seven;2428844 said:
Why wait? You know it's coming.

You can't ban for something he might do.

The Commissioner may well have been withing his rights to ban him for his last screwup - but he didn't.

He set parameters for reinstatement.

And if those requirements have been met, the guy should be reinstated.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2428891 said:
I love hearing people use phrases like 'one more chance' and 'one last chance', lol.

Those things remind of another phrase...

Broken record!

I know I didn't give him 'one more chance', the Commissioner did when he didn't ban him.

FCBarca

Reaction score
eastcoastfan;2428685 said:
Hmmm I didnt here anything that would make you think he would not from that interview though.

Same here, if anything I'm inclined to think he'll get reinstated

Goodell is a joke, however

Big Dakota

Reaction score
sacase;2428759 said:
if he is an alcoholic, I wonder if he will sue under the ADA like other players did. Not that I remember how their case turned out.

IMHO the "alcoholic" angle(and he very well could be one) is the one thing that will get him one last chance and i don't think he will have to sue to get that chance.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2428666 said:
[youtube]DWvBavg8bBg[/youtube]
---------------------------------------

I don't think Goodell is going to let him come back this season.

Goodell is a tool and he OBV shows bias he needs to be removed from Commissioner cause he is full of it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Pacman has had more chances then just about anyone else has had in the NFL - frankly he really has no complaint coming. I think Goodell will give him ONE more chance. Does not really have to but its shaping up that way.
I think he may draw it out some to see if Pacman can stand the stress without screwing up again.

jimmy40

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2428862 said:
thats not what i heard, reports are that they are saying now, that adam jones doesnt have drinking problems, at least thats what was on the cowboys zone site.
So he's not an alcoholic, he's just a thug. Great.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
From that interview I think Rampage is right. One final shot for Adam and if he can't get it right this time his time in the NFL is completely over.

Seven

Reaction score
stasheroo;2428949 said:
You can't ban for something he might do.

True enough..........
stasheroo;2428949 said:
The Commissioner may well have been withing his rights to ban him for his last screwup - but he didn't.

Damn sure should of. Not just for the sake of Adam being Adam, but for the sake of why implement a zero tolerance for Adam and then contemplate re-instatement after yet another incident, trivial as it may have been. Man up Goodell. Do what you say or don't say it at all. Who's gonna take him seriously?

stasheroo;2428949 said:
He set parameters for reinstatement.

And if those requirements have been met, the guy should be reinstated.

See above thought. He had already set the requirements before the last "thing". Dig in and stand by that.

IMO, Jethro has been in his ear the whole time............ Don't cave, Goodell.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well if goodell is intentionally holding him out to see how he deals with stress, that part is wrong

and it will be interesting to see what goodell does with the 2 dts from minnesotta that might have been taking steroids,

and we all know how he dealt with vince wolfolk NT for patriots that he has hit players about 4 times now, and no fine, etc,

and word is goodell is buddy buddy with patriots owner kraft

and you see how goodell lessened the suspension of brandon marshall of the broncos

i agree with you, goodell is a joke, and he says we are cleaning up the nfl, look at how the refs keep messing up, and goodell does nothing about it, but says were cleaning up the nfl, big joke,

Seven

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2429147 said:
well if goodell is intentionally holding him out to see how he deals with stress, that part is wrong

and it will be interesting to see what goodell does with the 2 dts from minnesotta that might have been taking steroids,

and we all know how he dealt with vince wolfolk NT for patriots that he has hit players about 4 times now, and no fine, etc,

and word is goodell is buddy buddy with patriots owner kraft

and you see how goodell lessened the suspension of brandon marshall of the broncos

i agree with you, goodell is a joke, and he says we are cleaning up the nfl, look at how the refs keep messing up, and goodell does nothing about it, but says were cleaning up the nfl, big joke,

One cleansing requires bleach, the other, soap and water. Just sayin'.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Seven;2428856 said:
He took it away from himself..................

Function= paycheck

Refusal to abide by the simplest of rules(which should of been learned by the age of 6)= no paycheck.

Not understanding where you think something was taken form him. He gave it, or threw it rather, all away. For the umpteenth time.

Denying him employment now would be taking something from him. And the idea that anything would create a ban for life doesn't fit the models of rehabilitation. There would be somethings to ban him for life but a lot more to create another suspension.

You don't take away a man's livelihood without very good reason. And the model for rehab is filled with carrots leading the dumbbutts.