Video Shows Cowboy RB Joseph Randle During Booking

Nirvana

Reaction score
B1SkR8cCUAAXF6V.jpg

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
BTW, I am guessing there are a lot of people on this thread that would feel much different about this if it had been their teenage child shoplifting and then had it made public TV.

Not every wrong deserves a public shaming. And the FOIA was meant to address the government actions not make public shaming possible or appropriate.

I agree to a point. But when the accused turns smirky and jokey and arrogant all bets are off.
Is it not enough to be a thief? To add to his disgrace he act like this? I think he was raised by jackels.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Whelp. If that's a direct quote, that's going to get him packing, I think. Ouch.

Yea, that pretty much makes his release a given. Cant have a locker room where one teammate is calling another teammate a killer and says yet another teammate didn't miss games for smacking his mom around.

Garrett is big on chemistry and RKG, don't see how Garrett can just let this slide.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Yea, that pretty much makes his release a given. Cant have a locker room where one teammate is calling another teammate a killer and says yet another teammate didn't miss games for smacking his mom around.

Garrett is big on chemistry and RKG, don't see how Garrett can just let this slide.

And the on-field fumble didn't help.

We can withstand losing his 2-3 carries a game.

sacase

Reaction score
Whelp. If that's a direct quote, that's going to get him packing, I think. Ouch.

I am not sure that it will.

Let's be real here, did he say anything that was untrue? This video is kinda sad because I am sure there are other guys who have voiced similar concerns about Brent and perhaps even about Dez. Hell look at fan response to those incidents.

I dismiss a lot of what he said in the video is means less than nothing. I have conducted MANY custodial and non-custodial interviews with people. When people are being booked or are sitting in an interview room they are very nervous and scared. They have no clue of what is going to happen to them and many time people have very odd reactions to the stress and fear that makes them just talk and talk and talk. Silence makes people very uncomfortable so they talk so they can hear something to settle them down. One technique we use when conducting interviews is to allow there to be uncomfortable silence, it makes the person being interviewed want to say something to alleviate that.

Finally, players don't have to like each other. They need to play the game. I promise you there are players on every team that flat out don't like each other or even hate each other. Every single team. Hell, my freshman year in college one of my fellow WR's attempted to kiss on my GF and pull her into one of the laundry rooms. Took a couple of my teammates to keep me from kneecapping him and I tolerated him for 2 seasons after that but we didn't speak unless it was about something specific. Got to remain professional, its your job.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah. There are two issues at play for me here. One, what a guy says when he doesn't know he's being filmed, that getting out, and then getting bent out of shape for making any comparison at all to what teammates might have done. That's stuff everybody should be able to work around with an apology. The fact that the police tape is not really something for public consumption anyway makes me more ready to get past it too, personally.

But at some point even if you have a reasonable expectation of privacy, you say something privately that's offensive enough to damage the team, then it just doesn't matter. If your presence on the team makes you a liability because of something you said privately, you're still a big liability.
Now, NFL teams do work their way past a lot of this stuff. Just see how the Eagles handled Riley Cooper's garbage last season. But I think throwing out the 'killer' stuff when that topic is so sensitive to begin with-and in defense of a stupid shoplifting charge--when there's another good player on the team behind you....it's just stupid, and it's getting him into that area where a release would be perfectly understandable.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah. There are two issues at play for me here. One, what a guy says when he doesn't know he's being filmed, that getting out, and then getting bent out of shape for making any comparison at all to what teammates might have done. That's stuff everybody should be able to work around with an apology. The fact that the police tape is not really something for public consumption anyway makes me more ready to get past it too, personally.

But at some point even if you have a reasonable expectation of privacy, you say something privately that's offensive enough to damage the team, then it just doesn't matter. If your presence on the team makes you a liability because of something you said privately, you're still a big liability.
Now, NFL teams do work their way past a lot of this stuff. Just see how the Eagles handled Riley Cooper's garbage last season. But I think throwing out the 'killer' stuff when that topic is so sensitive to begin with-and in defense of a stupid shoplifting charge--when there's another good player on the team behind you....it's just stupid, and it's getting him into that area where a release would be perfectly understandable.

Good post, I agree 100%

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not sure that it will.

Let's be real here, did he say anything that was untrue? This video is kinda sad because I am sure there are other guys who have voiced similar concerns about Brent and perhaps even about Dez. Hell look at fan response to those incidents.

I dismiss a lot of what he said in the video is means less than nothing. I have conducted MANY custodial and non-custodial interviews with people. When people are being booked or are sitting in an interview room they are very nervous and scared. They have no clue of what is going to happen to them and many time people have very odd reactions to the stress and fear that makes them just talk and talk and talk. Silence makes people very uncomfortable so they talk so they can hear something to settle them down. One technique we use when conducting interviews is to allow there to be uncomfortable silence, it makes the person being interviewed want to say something to alleviate that.

Finally, players don't have to like each other. They need to play the game. I promise you there are players on every team that flat out don't like each other or even hate each other. Every single team. Hell, my freshman year in college one of my fellow WR's attempted to kiss on my GF and pull her into one of the laundry rooms. Took a couple of my teammates to keep me from kneecapping him and I tolerated him for 2 seasons after that but we didn't speak unless it was about something specific. Got to remain professional, its your job.

Yeah. I should have said that, in my opinion, that's enough to put sending him packing on the table. I'm not sure it get him cut outright. But it does move the debate in my mind from a guy discussing his charge in context to a guy saying things that aren't accurate and that outright hurt his own team. Even said privately, it's damaging to the chemistry.

DiResta

Reaction score
what a dummy. I would make him inactive and bring up Williams to play Arizona. then cut him for being stupid and classless

Phoenix

Reaction score
Uh oh for Randle.

Coach Jason Garrett had no comment after Friday's practice. On Thursday, he was asked about the importance of representing the organization in a positive way.

"You want to be the right kind of guy on the field and off the field and just handle yourself accordingly," Garrett said. "It's about being the right kind of person first and foremost. We all have a privilege to be a part of the NFL, and we certainly have a privilege to play and coach for the Cowboys.

"We expect people to represent themselves the right way and respect that privilege. That doesn't mean everyone is going to do everything the right way, we recognize that -- people are human beings. But certainly you want to be accountable for things that you do that aren't right and learn from them and move on."

fifaguy

Reaction score
Time to bring up Ryan Williams. These apparent quotes he made look realllll bad.