VIDEO: Tony Romo - The Story by TEK2000

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Hostile;1525930 said:
Nope. As soon as Quicktime starts to load my whole PC just shuts down. It literally freezes and I have to reboot in order to get it going again. Firefox asks if you want to reload your lost settings. If I choose yes, it take sme right back to a frozen PC and I have to reboot and choose for it to start with a new session. That has never happened before. I have no idea what might be going on.

If it hits Youtube let me know.

Are you trying to play it or save it?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;1525930 said:
Nope. As soon as Quicktime starts to load my whole PC just shuts down. It literally freezes and I have to reboot in order to get it going again. Firefox asks if you want to reload your lost settings. If I choose yes, it take sme right back to a frozen PC and I have to reboot and choose for it to start with a new session. That has never happened before. I have no idea what might be going on.

Hostile. One word. Ubuntu.

Download the Live CD and burn it to a CD and then boot it. It won't even touch your normal Windows installation. Use it, like it, love it, format and install it. You won't be sorry. :)

See the Ubuntu Guide once your up and running.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1525930 said:

Maybe you need to make windows media player your default media player instead of apple's quick time. The only thing I use quicktime for as a default is movies or streams that require quicktime. If it is a mpeg, mp3 or an AVI (as this video is an AVI) I have those set up to play in windows media player by default.

Open WMP (Windows media player)

Click on Tools

Click on options

Click on File Types tab

Select All (just to save you time, later you can change those if need be) Or just for now check mark AVI since this video is an avi.

Click Apply and Ok.

Try watching the video again.

If you are trying to open it and watch it...first download it fully to your desktop...in other words don't open it when you click on the link.

AVI's use to require the whole thing to be downloaded before watching and attempting to open it from the link will take too long as it is over 100 MBs. So it might be wigging your computer.

Use IE, right click link, save target as...SAVE TO not open, pick a spot to save it to.

Walk away, let it download all the way. Once it is completely saved to your computer, open it and watch it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong. Not working for me at work either.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hostile;1525950 said:
I must be doing something wrong. Not working for me at work either.

Dumb question, I am sure...

But you are actually clicking on the link with the left mouse button as you would to open a thread, and then WMP prompt pops up and asks you if you want to save it to disk or open it up in WMP?

You aren't just right clicking and saving the link, right?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;1525955 said:

But you are actually clicking on the link with the left mouse button as you would to open a thread, and then WMP prompt pops up and asks you if you want to save it to disk or open it up in WMP?

He might be doing that if he is using Firefox as it gives different options than IE.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
superpunk;1525929 said:
I meant if you have to go to his site to make the download. Right-click/save as/ doesn't exactly work in firefox, and save video as... brings up something weird.

So for downloading from TEK's site, I always just use IE. Firefox worked fine for the link he provided in the OP at work, but not at home for some reason.

Ahh ok I thought you meant downloading the video in his original post.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1525957 said:
He might be doing that if he is using Firefox as it gives different options than IE.

Yeah, I was using firefox at home. And I was tired.

And I wasn't paying attention. And I couldn't figure out why when I downloaded, it wouldn't play. Then I realized I had saved the link; not the actual video....

So...I had to go back and download it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;1525961 said:
Yeah, I was using firefox at home. And I was tired.

And I wasn't paying attention. And I couldn't figure out why when I downloaded, it wouldn't play. Then I realized I had saved the link; not the actual video....

So...I had to go back and download it.

Yes...in firefox you have to LEFT click the link, like any other link. It will take a second and load up the download box. Chose save to disk and it will start downloading.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vintage;1525955 said:

No, I am right clicking as the instruction said.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;1525954 said:
Have you tried it through TEK's site, like I did?
Nope. I'm leery of it now, after 3 crashes.

I may try that and the ubunto suggestion when I get home.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;1525967 said:
Nope. I'm leery of it now, after 3 crashes.

I may try that and the ubunto suggestion when I get home.

TEK's site will work for you, I'm sure.

I had the same quicktime problem, only no crashes. Just visit TEK's site through IE, and right click save as his Romo video.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1525964 said:
No, I am right clicking as the instruction said.

That is your problem if you are using Firefox. If you are using firefox RIGHT clicking will not work. You would need to left click.

IF you are using IE than Right click, save target as and pick a spot on your computer (desktop or wherever) to save the file to. Wait till it completely downloads. Open Windows Media Player, chose that file to play.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1525972 said:
TEK's site will work for you, I'm sure.

I had the same quicktime problem, only no crashes. Just visit TEK's site through IE, and right click save as his Romo video.

IMO Quicktime sucks and should only be used for quicktime formats.

AVI can be played in quicktime but is not a quicktime only format.

superpunk

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1525977 said:
IMO Quicktime sucks and should only be used for quicktime formats.

AVI can be played in quicktime but is not a quicktime only format.

I have absolutely no idea why it attempts to open quicktime from firefox.

It's not my default. But that's what happens. Anything from TEK's site is not firefox friendly. But if you grab the links into IE, it works like buttah.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk;1525988 said:

It's not my default. But that's what happens. Anything from TEK's site is not firefox friendly. But if you grab the links into IE, it works like buttah.

Wierd. I've never had any trouble with firefox with TEK's site.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1525988 said:

Firefox tool bar

Click Tools

Click Options

Click Content Tab

Click File types

Click Manage

In there you can see the different file types. You can double click on the type of file you wanted opened with WMP. It will load up some options, you may have to chose the second option and browse to find wmp to make it default.

I notice many of the movie and audio files in mine were defaulted to quicktime. I am not sure if this is because of a newer fire fox or after I installed quicktime.

Either way I went through each audio and video format and changed them to windows media player with the exception of the quicktime format.

Of course it would just be easier for many to use IE for this.:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1525975 said:
That is your problem if you are using Firefox. If you are using firefox RIGHT clicking will not work. You would need to left click.

IF you are using IE than Right click, save target as and pick a spot on your computer (desktop or wherever) to save the file to. Wait till it completely downloads. Open Windows Media Player, chose that file to play.
IE at work, Firefox at home.