Viking Defense

blueblood70

Reaction score
No one is disputing that they have a really talented offense so your entire second paragraph is unnecessary. At this point you're just arguing to argue because you're not making a whole lot of sense talking about their offense but I really never said anything about it other than I hope our defense can keep it close.
they can also play some defense

Beware...

over confidence can really let you down..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
On the other hand Cousins can get rattled like a baby toy and I can see Diggs digging the scene and Gregory going off. The Chiefs offense poses more issues for the Cowboys then the Vikings.
That's true...we need to hit him a few times and he will start to hurry up his throws

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think they will try and stop the run, but find out that Dallas is tougher than years past. The ground game, with Dak's passing sprinkled in will wear their defense down. Our defense will prove to be enough to keep Cousins and Cook in check.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
It's a wonder what DQ would have done with Griffin. I think the entire defence knew Nolan was not the guy to lead them.

MM needs to take ownership of that awful hiring. It was his buddy and it absolutely destroyed their chances last year before Dak even got hurt
Strangely, as bad as that defense was, the turnover differential thing started during that regime. Was it just the players we brought in?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Mike ZImmer from the Parcells era . Wow that was awhile ago. I never understood signing Cousins to that massive contract. What did he ever do in Washington ?

TWOK11

Reaction score
The Vikings are a team that finds ways to lose games. Just keep the game close and they will try and give it to you in the 4th quarter.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I guess my biggest concern about this game going into it will be the status of Dak. Hopefully he will be playing and ready to go.

It will definitely be a tough opponent and I look forward to the matchup, especially on SNF.

plasticman

Reaction score
As usual a scared Cowboys fan left out that the Vikings will be without their top cornerback. The Vikings are an average team that has holes. They should have beaten the Cardinals but should have lost to the Vikings. They are headed to a 9-8 or 8-9 season. We should beat them.
A fan that respects the abilities of an opponent is not the same as a scared fan. I believe an informed fan would enjoy the victory more.

Besides, if a team is truly a SB contender then they want to compete against the best teams to prove they are better than them.

When the Cowboys defeat the Vikings then they will earn more respect and they won't have to hear how inferior their opponents were.

T-RO

Reaction score
Odd that Griffin was done, washed up a bad FA and Woods couldn't play

the narratives around here are precious..most are wrong

apparently Awuzie isnt doing to awfully bad either

odd how different culture, coaching, and better scheme fit can change players narrative

So very, very true.

T-RO

Reaction score
A fan that respects the abilities of an opponent is not the same as a scared fan. I believe an informed fan would enjoy the victory more.

Besides, if a team is truly a SB contender then they want to compete against the best teams to prove they are better than them.

When the Cowboys defeat the Vikings then they will earn more respect and they won't have to hear how inferior their opponents were.

Post of the month. Quietly, modestly schooling the children and fools.

Last edited:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Here is a stat I found; Dak Prescott is averaging over 300 passing yards per game (302 to be exact) so far this year. The Vikings however over the past three weeks are only giving up an average of 170 passing yards per game, first in the league.

The unstoppable force against the immovable object. It’ll be interesting to see what gives. I expect Dallas to go in with a plan to run the ball and use a lot of play action.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Tied for 1st place in sacks with 21. Leading sackers are LB Danielle Hunter, a 1st team All Pro in 2019, and Everson Griffen, who played for the Cowboys last season until being traded. Hunter has 6 sacks while Griffen has 4.

Vikings opponent passing percentage is 7th lowest in the league. They are also very good at limiting passing TD's, ranking 6th in this category.

Another familiar name on the Vikings defense is Xavier Woods who starts at safety. Thus far, he has one INT and one forced fumble. He is 3rd place among his teammates in solo tackles.

Wood's INT was against the Cardinals, a game the Vikings would have won but their kicker missed a 37 yard field goal as time expired. The Cardinals won 34-33.

Since then, the Vikings have won 3 out of their last 4 games.

This will not be an easy game for the Cowboys going into the Viking's stadium and playing before a national audience on Sunday Night Football.

Didn’t we have the exact thread the week we played the unstoppable Carolina defense?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Here is a stat I found; Dak Prescott is averaging over 300 passing yards per game (302 to be exact) so far this year. The Vikings however over the past three weeks are only giving up an average of 170 passing yards per game, first in the league.

The unstoppable force against the immovable object. It’ll be interesting to see what gives. I expect Dallas to go in with a plan to run the ball and use a lot of play action.
If we run the ball effectively, we can win. There are no gimmies in the nfl. Vikes are pretty darn good. Hopefully Daks injury is no longer an issue....hopefully. Oline better be ready to work and open up some holes for Zeke/Pollard.

Our D has to quit giving up so many points. Makes it hard on the offense when you have to score 30+ to win. jmho

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect this to be a tough game but Minn has some weakness that can be exploited and one is run defense., Not a good thing to be weak at when you are facing the Cowboys OL as well as Zeke and Pollard.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Tied for 1st place in sacks with 21. Leading sackers are LB Danielle Hunter, a 1st team All Pro in 2019, and Everson Griffen, who played for the Cowboys last season until being traded. Hunter has 6 sacks while Griffen has 4.

Vikings opponent passing percentage is 7th lowest in the league. They are also very good at limiting passing TD's, ranking 6th in this category.

Another familiar name on the Vikings defense is Xavier Woods who starts at safety. Thus far, he has one INT and one forced fumble. He is 3rd place among his teammates in solo tackles.

Wood's INT was against the Cardinals, a game the Vikings would have won but their kicker missed a 37 yard field goal as time expired. The Cardinals won 34-33.

Since then, the Vikings have won 3 out of their last 4 games.

This will not be an easy game for the Cowboys going into the Viking's stadium and playing before a national audience on Sunday Night Football.
The game is all about Cousins. He has played at a surprisingly high level. If he is on, they will be in the game. If he is off or if we can pressure him into being off, Cowboys win.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I expect this to be a tough game but Minn has some weakness that can be exploited and one is run defense., Not a good thing to be weak at when you are facing the Cowboys OL as well as Zeke and Pollard.
Man, I hope you are spot on and we can run the ball.