Twitter: Vikings Brian Angelichio interviewed for OC

MikeT22

Reaction score
I know Jerry in the past liked to pick their minds on ideas how they are going to run their schemes. It's not a bad thing to be interviewing young, unknowns, as they are more adversed on what is working in today's game.
And that’s been our problem, Jerry trying to be the de facto HC

EJK24

Reaction score
To call another man's offense
I heard the same thing but I'm hoping it's not that simple. I'm hoping MM installs more of his own system. To your point, yea it sucks to hire an OC to come in and call someone else's system.

raven55

Reaction score
unless he's a yes man forget it. better to close your eyes and ears because unless he can work a miracle with a 4th round qb that after 7 years STILL ACTS LIKE A ROOKIE he won't get hired and if he does i's like a good politican going to washington in a new york minute he will be toeing the line with dumb and dumber in his ear

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I get ya, I just don't think that way is all. Best man/woman for the job. No special treatments or special circumstances for one group and not another. It would different if it were measurable, but teams shouldn't be told who they can interview and hire. And all a team has to do is interview a guy and hire who they were going to. So, it seems more for optics. Like there's no issue with a vastly lopsided folks playing football. Do they make teams draft and sign a bunch of white dudes?
I get you and in a perfect world that is exactly how it is. I just don't see us in that perfect world. Instead we have longstanding biases and a whole lot of nepotism.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Big Mike is turning over every stone and taking his time. This is smart. We must get it right. Greg Roman is a name we better think about.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he was on the same staff in cleveland when kyle shanahan was their o.c.

was on jay gruden's staff in washington.

guy has an intetesting orbit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
nothing wrong interviewing multiple coaches and taking our time.

Zman5

Reaction score
Why are they interviewing OC's? Is he going to hold McCarthy's clipboard? Pick up his drycleaning? Wash his car during practice?

McCarthy is now the OC. He's calling the plays. It will be his offense. His play designs. They have already drummed out Moore as a scapegoat. Are they now setting up another one?
They are going to try the way Parcells ran it when he was here. Payton/Haley was the WR/Passing game coordinator and Sprano was the OL/Run game coordinator. They helped with the game planning and with running the practices, but BP called the plays on gameday.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I still think Shottenheimer will be the guy if he wants it

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Why are they interviewing OC's? Is he going to hold McCarthy's clipboard? Pick up his drycleaning? Wash his car during practice?

McCarthy is now the OC. He's calling the plays. It will be his offense. His play designs. They have already drummed out Moore as a scapegoat. Are they now setting up another one?
That happens when your button heads with the head coach

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Eric Bienemy is the OC in Kansas City but Reid calls the plays.

It takes hours to put together the weekly game plan. The HC isn't doing that while ignoring his other duties. The OC does it.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
This. I keep seeing people say they won’t have an OC (even tho jerry actually said they would) or that the OC won’t have a real job (even though schottenheimer and mcadoo are 2 guys McCarthy trusts) and completely ignoring that even though Mike will call plays he’ll still collaborate on stuff with the coordinator
Those people are the ones who, if we won 3 SBs in a row, will complain that we didn’t do enough to win 4. They think they’re always right because the goalposts keep moving 5 yards further past every move we make.