Vikings interested in Trey Lance?

conner01

Reaction score
I think he's completely wrong on his Jerry speak take. I think JJ means he's going all in on Dak and CD's contracts.
That is probably true. All in can mean many things. We could clear enough to add several players as well as extend lamb. Some of those moves to me aren’t worth it and I wouldn’t do them. Dlaw and Martin I would not restructure. I think we can add 2-3 not elite but really goid players in FA. I’d add a vet LB and move on from LVE. I’d probably try to add a DT like a Christian if I could and I’d add a vet RB. You may add one or two more guys like we generally do on one year prove it type deals. But the draft is really the key and how we do there is gonna be the most important. One thing if do is look at trading a future pick for a high second this year. And some of these teams with multiple first round picks might bite because it spreads out the pain on the second contracts of some of the picks

Jimbo123

Reaction score
For fun, I went to a couple of Viking forums to see what the talk was about the trade, only to find out that the Viking community must have missed the rumor. I didn't find a single search result, on several boards, about a possible trade for Lance.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The below average QB who led the team to a 5-1 record with the same team as the first string QB.
Below average? Backups are traditionally below average by definition. Going 5-1 is definitely not below average.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The irony part is a Cooper Rush Stan of all people is telling a Dak Stan what type of fan he is lol.

Dak beats bad teams and loses to good teams. This is the narrative you Dak haters have been spewing now you want me to believe that he was carried? And by who? Mike McCarthy. You can argue Dak was carried. I never said he was or wasn’t. We were talking about Rush.

No one in their right mind but Skip Baliss thinks Rush led us anywhere. Why didn’t he lead us to a W against the Eagles? Got the hell smacked out of us lol.
Cooper Rush stan? There's quite a difference between someone who facetiously points out that a below average practice QB does not go 5-1 and being a "stan".

Yes, that is the narrative. Dak needs to be carried when it comes to good teams. He isn't a QB that you can put your money to win a game for you against a playoff team. That has been proven time and again. Learn the context.

And you're equivocating on the term "led". I used the term as a general attribution that is given to a QB who plays for any significant amount of time. He is the leader of the team while on the field.

But Cooper did literally lead the team to one victory during his time as a starter in 2001 and that was the Minnesota game as I already said.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooper Rush stan? There's quite a difference between someone who facetiously points out that a below average practice QB does not go 5-1 and being a "stan".

Yes, that is the narrative. Dak needs to be carried when it comes to good teams. He isn't a QB that you can put your money to win a game for you against a playoff team. That has been proven time and again. Learn the context.

And you're equivocating on the term "led". I used the term as a general attribution that is given to a QB who plays for any significant amount of time. He is the leader of the team while on the field.

But Cooper did literally lead the team to one victory during his time as a starter in 2001 and that was the Minnesota game as I already said.
Rush didn’t lead anything did you watch the games?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Rush didn’t lead anything did you watch the games?
Dude, I just gave you an example. Go watch it. He drove the team down the field 75 yards in 8 plays with under three minutes left in the game, culminating it with a perfect strike to Amari Cooper in the back of the end zone

Apparently, you didn’t watch the game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude, I just gave you an example. Go watch it. He drove the team down the field 75 yards in 8 plays with under three minutes left in the game, culminating it with a perfect strike to Amari Cooper in the back of the end zone

Apparently, you didn’t watch the game.
So are you going to discuss a game during the 5-1 season you were bragging about or are you going to keep going back to a fluke win against the Vikings from 3 years ago? Coop played his *** off that game but sure we won because of Coop. Actually I don't want to put words in your mouth ill just say he "led" us lol.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
So are you going to discuss a game during the 5-1 season you were bragging about or are you going to keep going back to a fluke win against the Vikings from 3 years ago? Coop played his *** off that game but sure we won because of Coop. Actually I don't want to put words in your mouth ill just say he "led" us lol.
Like, *** are you even talking about? Your train of thought is like an explosion of words in stream of consciousness.

“Coop played his *** off…”

Lamb also had over 100 yards.

Who do you think was throwing them the ball? Or was the ball just magically floating from the center into their hands?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Like, *** are you even talking about? Your train of thought is like an explosion of words in stream of consciousness.

“Coop played his *** off…”

Lamb also had over 100 yards.

Who do you think was throwing them the ball? Or was the ball just magically floating from the center into their hands?
Ok what game are you referencing from 2022 now? Or are you still talking about the Minnie game?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If they let Dak walk after 2024 they're going to need someone to step in. You can't count on Jerry filling a hole.
If they let Dak walk after 2024, I guarantee we can count on Jerry filling that hole. I'll bet any amount of money on that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If they let Dak walk after 2024, I guarantee we can count on Jerry filling that hole. I'll bet any amount of money on that.
I thought Trance was the hole filler. He is young, a great athlete with potential and after another year of watching he should be more than ready to go. Remember he was the 3rd overall pick.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Minny is not moving on from Kirk Cousins, a very good QB, to Trey Lance. Maybe like Dallas last year, Minny is looking for a cheap lottery ticket in Lance adding him to the QB room as a project, but certainly not a starter. With that in mind, at best you get a 4th-5th rounder. If you're Dallas, it doesn't make sense to let him go at that price so soon when you already knew he required a lot of patience.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Minny is not moving on from Kirk Cousins, a very good QB, to Trey Lance. Maybe like Dallas last year, Minny is looking for a cheap lottery ticket in Lance adding him to the QB room as a project, but certainly not a starter. With that in mind, at best you get a 4th-5th rounder. If you're Dallas, it doesn't make sense to let him go at that price so soon when you already knew he required a lot of patience.
Again that it explains why the GM Jerruh trade made absolutely no sense to begin with.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
For fun, I went to a couple of Viking forums to see what the talk was about the trade, only to find out that the Viking community must have missed the rumor. I didn't find a single search result, on several boards, about a possible trade for Lance.
8)

Not gonna be any trades for Lance.

He’s our future QB1.